|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
When Guild Globe enters the battlefield, draw a card.
, , Sacrifice Guild Globe: Gain two mana of different colours.
Guild Globe Discussion
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I find some of these choices pretty questionable.
Let's go through what you're obviously trying to do.
- Golem's Heart gives you one life for one spell cast. I don't see know this helping much unless you are going straight for the Aetherflux Reservoir win-con. Even still, it's not very valuable. Staff of the Mind Magus isn't much better either.
- Zuran Orb seems like a good choice if you are really going for that Reservoir.
- I think you need to keep in mind you're playing a multiplayer format and the win-con itself isn't really a win-con unless you can gain stupid amounts of life (not something you're going to be able to do effectively in mono-blue), because you won't survive after paying 50 life to kill one player.
Next is your mana.
- You honestly don't need Command Tower , you only use Blue. It counts as a non-basic land and is subject to more removal.
- You have a lot of vanilla 0-drops. These are good as mana rocks if you have Urza out, and entirely useless if you don't (the moxen are fine). Look for more 1-drops that generate value.
- Guild Globe is a mana fixer that gives slight card advantage. Since you're running mono-blue, this thing is only valuable for the one time draw and possibly sac with the ironworks.
- Silver Myr is an alright option if you happen to need mana and are without Urza, but Palladium Myr is a more solid option.
This deck is lacking in control spells.
I see 2 counters and one of them is very conditional. I don't see your cruiser surviving long enough to actually do anything.
Since you're going for tokens, you should seek out more token generators. Look into myrs and station cycle.
In addition, you can also go for flicker or blink in order to spam Urza's Constructs.
I don't see why you would ever want Magosi, the Waterveil in a deck like this, especially without anything that grants Flash. That's just asking for death.
I won't suggest any cards because I'm not you, so I don't know what you want to put in here, but this deck seems all over the place and I think the reason you're "getting hated out of games" is due to this fact.
The most important thing of all, though...
Why is this called Cheerios?
2 months ago
So a lot of what you’re doing is solid, there is a pretty great synergy level here, and no real problematic cards though there are some cards that are less than optimal.
For example Ichor Wellspring spring and the Guild Globe . Being in blue means there are just better options for drawing. Card draw can come from Cold-Eyed Selkie , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , Seafloor Oracle or Fallowsage who has synergies with your commander, also Prime Speaker Zegana who is just super good with +1+1. There are also spells which are just super good in blue like Ponder
You also have some room to improve your synergies with +1+1 and proliferate. Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter for example while not a merfolk is just great for the deck.
And there are some amazing lords (creatures that give all of a creature type +1/+1) in the merfolk tribe Like Merrow Reejerey and Merfolk Sovereign which are the inexpensive ones that you aren't already using.
A card that goes super well with your commander is Merrow Commerce .
Tutoring (searching for a specific merfolk from your deck) can increase consistency substantially so Seahunter despite the price tag is incredible, cheaper versions include Tidal Courier and Merrow Harbinger
Ramp is important and there are a couple cards that are used in most green decks, like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach . There is also a handful of cards that speed you up as well like Stonybrook Banneret , and I might consider some artifact acceleration like Simic Signet or Commander's Sphere
Shaper of Nature is a solid mana dump (a card that lets you spend excess mana at will
Beast Within is super strong removal cause it’s in green and blue which don’t have great answers for problem creatures
On the wish list is Hardened Scales cause its so good with +1 +1 and proliferate
3 months ago
I would say that you are underestimating the set in Sealed - I won my prerelease with 9 creature sultai control deck. The planeswalkers really pulled through and created a solid wall nontheless and you need a single powerful creature to win sometimes.
No data for this card yet.