|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Search your library for three cards, remove them from the game, then shuffle your library.
Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.
3 months ago
5 months ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
6 months ago
Tazri’s a wincon in the command zone that is easier to cast in that it’s not as mana restrictive as every other 5c general prior to Najeela. Overlord certainly does not do what Tazri does in the slightest.
Tazri tutors wincons off of its ETB, which works synonymously with Food Chain as that mana engine can only be used to cast creatures, so Overlord cannot work as you have to spend mana for its activated ability.
There is also a competitive hulk-druid variant of Tazri though it seems like a hodgepodge of FC Tazri and SBT.
It is where it is, and has been for quite some time, because it has proven itself quite competent and resilient throughout the various shifts in the meta.
Red gives you access to another creature to cast from Exile, bumping up Foresight ’s potency as you can now get Squee, Griffin and Scourge all in one, without needing to dump a card.
Sultai’s my favourite tri-colour combo by a large margin, but it makes little sense to suggest more colours can do less, when they have access to cards you could not cast. It’s certainly “easier” to make mana base, but when every deck here ought to be running all feasible fetchlands which get all feasible dual lands, as well as running all untapped rainbow lands, that’s not as much of a hinderance.
10 months ago
Question : How effective Plunge into Darkness ?
I know that a good card, synergize with the deck. But in a few test using that card, its a very low precentage to exile our CFE creatures or a card we want to put in hand that time (maybe Extract, Foresight, etc ). Yes that card is a Dig Through Time in steroid, but We usually pay around 10-20 life with Plunge into Darkness, get only one card and end up exiling another valuable utility cards ( our lab maniac, our tutors, our counterspells, etc ) and we can't recur them from the exile zone.
The other forbidden tutors is superfine in the deck, im just not peace with plunge into darkness.
1 year ago
Survival of the Fittest, Apprentice Necromancer, and Force of Will are being run in place of Manipulate Fate, Extract, and Foresight for now. I will test with these because it seemed to not make the deck function any worse.
1 year ago
Hey thanks for commenting. I don't think I'm going to add Foresight lol but the rest are on the list now.
1 year ago
A few that you missed XD
2 years ago
No data for this card yet.