|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Search your library for three cards, remove them from the game, then shuffle your library.
Draw a card.
Manipulate Fate Discussion
3 weeks ago
GrinningGrebe these are all definitely cards to squeeze in. I really appreciate the heads up on Manipulate Fate I have never seen this card. Drift of Phantasms i think i can definitely find a creature spot for. I like Wargate but may be hard to find a spot. I want to keep Approach of the Second Sun which would probably be the slot it would go in.
3 weeks ago
Have you considered some tutors to improve consistency ? I know that not everyone likes to play them, but with a gameplan like yours could be certainly something to think about.
- Manipulate Fate is just one of the multiple tutors capable of putting all your "cast-from-exile" creatures directly where they need to be. All this while drawing you a card!
- Wargate can pick each of your combo pieces and can act as ramp if played for X as 0 to pick a land.
- Drift of Phantasms can be transmuted into Food Chain or Scourge and is a good budget option.
2 months ago
4 months ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
5 months ago
Food Chain is one of the strongest infinite mana combos; the big other contender is Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal . It has a few notable upsides: it costs 3 mana total with some board presence (vs. 4), doesn't require non summoning-sick creatures or artifact critical mass, it doesn't use the activated abilities of artifacts or creatures and thus is not impacted by Cursed Totem or Null Rod, is a mana ability that is difficult to respond to in some contexts, is an enchantment which is difficult for black or red to interact with, etc. One of the biggest draws of the Food Chain builds is that single cards tutor both halves of the combo: e.g. Demonic Consultation exiles Eternal Scourge on the way to Food Chain . Food Chain also gets cantripping tutors for the exile creatures a la Manipulate Fate .
Isochron's main upsides are being able to use the mana for non-creatures, and getting outlet commanders with higher utility. Artifact tutors are much less powerful than the exile tutors, which means less tutor density overall.
They're both quite strong with both having slight tradeoffs that make them worthy of sitting around the same power bracket.
New Jace will likely see a good amount of play in Laboratory Maniac centric builds like Consultation Kess.
1 year ago
Survival of the Fittest, Apprentice Necromancer, and Force of Will are being run in place of Manipulate Fate, Extract, and Foresight for now. I will test with these because it seemed to not make the deck function any worse.
1 year ago
I've been working on a cedh sidisi as well. Here are a few swaps I've found that work well. Phantasmagorian can be swapped for Cephalid Inkshrouder, it functions as a discard outlet with Nooze, and gives him shroud and lowers the CMC. Flash of Insight is strictly better than Deep Analysis. I would drop Manipulate Fate and friends and replace with Reanimate, Life//Death, and Necromancy. Boreal druid is almost useless, this deck has so many one drops that you usually need colored mana, I'd go with Survival of the Fittest or Apprentice Necromancer If you drop Dig Through Time and Treausre Cruise, you can easily run Ad Nauseam and add in other cantrips like Impulse to dig or Careful Study to ditch dead Nooze cards
1 year ago
No data for this card yet.