Enchantment — Aura
When Claustrophobia enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Game Night 2019 (GN2)||Common|
|Magic Game Night (GNT)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins (DDT)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 months ago
I love taking a pile of cards and seeing what you can turn it into! I don't know which cards you have or what budget you have for acquiring new ones, but I'll list some cheap suggestions I have for a variety of archetypes you could pursue.
1) Simic ramp: Already goes well with Air Elemental, Archetype of Endurance, Oakgnarl Warrior, Overgrown Battlement, Yavimaya Wurm, Simic Keyrune. Some inclusions might be Llanowar Elves, Axebane Guardian, Coiling Oracle, Maraleaf Pixie, Beanstalk Giant, Terra Stomper, Lorthos, the Tidemaker. The goal is to accelerate into big threats.
2) U/G unblockable: Already goes well with Marang River Prowler, Downpour, Giant Growth, Might of the Masses, Aqueous Form, Coastal Piracy, Turntimber Grove. Some inclusions might be Curious Obsession, Daring Saboteur, Mist-Syndicate Naga, Ohran Viper, Trygon Predator, Distortion Strike. The goal is to get value from hitting with unblocked creatures.
3) U/G tempo/control: Already goes well with Breaching Hippocamp, Cloaked Siren, Mist Raven, Fog, Negate, Unsummon, Voyage's End, Claustrophobia. Some inclusions might be Vapor Snag, Dissolve, Mana Leak, AEtherling, Delver of Secrets Flip, Devastation Tide. The goal is to deny the opponent their things while playing tricky threats of your own.
I also see cards in here that could work with mono green Assault Formation, simic +1/+1 synergy, or flying tribal, so you have a lot of options. As a sidenote, I'd also recommend upping your land count to about 24 while you have so many 5+ cost cards in the deck. Anyway, good luck!
3 months ago
Control Magic, Chamber of Manipulation, Parasitic Impetus, Abduction, Confiscate, corrupted conscious, Dream Leash, incase in ice, Enslave, Faith Unbroken, In Bolas's Clutches, Infinite Reflection, Lay Claim, Leaden Fists, Mind Control, Persuasion, Prison Term, Spectral Grasp, Spirit Away, take posession, Treachery, Vow of Duty, Vow of Flight, Vow of Lightning, vow of malace, Vow of Wildness, Weight of Conscience, Winter's Rest, Yavimaya's Embrace, Arrest, Bonds of Faith, Bound by Moonsilver, Bound in Silence, Cage of Hands, Cagemail, Captured by the Consulate, Caught in the Brights, Cessation, Choking Restraints, Crystallization, Demonic Torment, Desert's Hold, Dreadful Apathy, Faith's Fetters, Forced Worship, Hobble, Ice Cage, Kirtar's Desire, Krasis Incubation, Lawmage's Binding, Luminous Bonds, One Thousand Lashes, Pacifism, Pillory of the Sleepless, Recumbent Bliss, Revoke Privileges, Capture Sphere, Castaway's Despair, Charmed Sleep, Claustrophobia, Encrust, Malfunction, Mystic Restraints, Numbing Dose, Shackles, Sleep Paralysis, Stasis Cell, Unquenchable Thirst, Waterknot, Martial Impetus, Predatory Impetus, Psychic Impetus, shinny impetus, Darksteel Mutation, Deep Freeze, Frogify, Ichthyomorphosis, Imprisoned in the Moon, Kasmina's Transmutation, kenrith's transmutation, Lignify, One with the Stars, Reprobation, Song of the Dryads
and that's just auras
4 months ago
10 months ago
Artifact Creature - Wall
During your untap step, if an effect or ability would prevent you from untapping lands or artifacts you control, Electric Fence deals X damage to that effect's controller, where X is the number of permenants you control that didn't untap.
1 / 2
1 year ago
There is one thing that will greatly help you up the power level of the deck, ramp. Mainly Azorius Signet , Orzhov Signet , Dimir Signet and Talisman of Dominance Talisman of Hierarchy Talisman of Progress , these are for the most part decently cheap ( at least compared to the really good mana rocks). The faster you get to your pricy spells the faster you can lock everyone down.
You also are likely a little high on land count, generally the mana rocks and adding some cantrips like Brainstorm can help smooth mana so you don't need to dedicate 40 slots to it (the london mulligan rule also helped smooth things over).
1 year ago
Hey, I like the changes. Nice job, you found several good cards in your collection.
You still need to cut two cards to make 100. My suggestions of cuts to consider are Selective Snare and Power Taint . Snare is very situational and a sorcery. Unless you're against a lot of tribal decks in your playgroup it's not worth playing. Especially since you're already playing Icy Blast which is the same mana cost, an instant and can target any amount of creatures. The 2 life drain of Taint is not worth playing in 40 life Commander. Your opponent can just ignore it or if they want to pay the 2 mana to prevent the 2 life.
Other cards to consider cutting are:
- Spellbook : you have Thought Vessel which gives you no max hand size as well as ramp, don't also need Spellbook. Another no max hand size card that also gives you mana to consider is Reliquary Tower . It doesn't take up a valuable deck spot since it's a land.
- Brine Elemental : not worth the mana cost.
- Fog Bank : a strategy is to attack with unblockable creatures, Bank can't attack and has no power.
- Claustrophobia : very lackluster removal spell since all it does is tap the creature, both Imprisoned in the Moon and Deep Freeze are the same mana cost and much better.
1 year ago
Like all of the tappy enchantments like Claustrophobia
1 year ago
It always applies.
Let's use this opportunity for a teaching moment on status. This is a two-part ability - the first part that modifies Grimgrin, Corpse-Born's status:
_110.6. A permanent’s status is its physical state. There are four status categories, each of which has two possible values: tapped/untapped, flipped/unflipped, face up/face down, and phased in/phased out. Each permanent always has one of these values for each of these categories. _
110.6b Permanents enter the battlefield untapped, unflipped, face up, and phased in unless a spell or ability says otherwise.
Additionally, the second part of the ability is related to the very first step of the turn - the untap step. Unless otherwise stated, all permanents that started the turn tapped become untapped during it. Grimgrin, Corpse-Born's first ability prevents that.
502 Untap Step
502.2. Second, the active player determines which permanents they control will untap. Then they untap them all simultaneously. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack. Normally, all of a player’s permanents untap, but effects can keep one or more of a player’s permanents from untapping.