Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Krydle of Baldur's Gate
Legendary Creature — Human Elf Rogue
3 months ago
depends on what you want, Aven is a better beater but, Agent is card advantage.
Make a cut for Teferi's Ageless Insight (I cut Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. Archfiend of Ifnir is a good one sided wipe in this deck)
More 1 drop creature and more legendary creature suggestions are welcome. (legendary creatures take advantage of Gold-Forged Thopteryx etc).
Less counter spells required due to many protection spells in deck.
Glen Elendra Archmage w/connive you can keep her online
Consider Rhystic Study (slows my creature attack strat. But op... Gix, Yawgmoth Praetor in its place for now)
Weak to oppo swing back. Solutions include war tax effects and vigilance.
7 months ago
Ninjas are awesome: one of my EDH decks is a Yuriko deck that makes people "very happy". And it's a good start that you have! Some thoughts about things to add that vary in budget-friendliness:
- I like a lot of spells that you don't pay full price for, but that will hurt if Yuriko flips them. Commit / Memory, Dig Through Time, The Magic Mirror, Shadow of Mortality, and Commandeer are all, if memory serves, not so expensive price-wise and also quite powerful. (Force of Will is another classic, but I don't recommend it unless you have it because it's quite pricey!)
- Other good evasive creatures/enablers are Krydle of Baldur's Gate, Wonder, Nighthawk Scavenger, and Vampire Nighthawk. If you have one, Bitterblossom is also another great generator for nuisances.
- One of Yuriko's main tricks (or how I play her) is really being able to adjust your library on demand for maximum pain and suffering (for your opponents). Of course, Vampiric Tutor and Mystical Tutor are (expensive) classics, but Lim-Dul's Vault is a go-to I use, as is Sensei's Divining Top. For any of the instants, Isochron Scepter is great for repeatable "fun" with a lot of your stuff.
- Another option to maximize pain is any of the double-faced spell/land cards from Zendikar Rising, like Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Zof Consumption Flip, Umara Wizard Flip... not all of them are good, but they are great things to flip with Yuriko.
1 year ago
You need way more countermagic in my opinion (add some of the stuff from the maybeboard). I've played against Kamiz decks before. They're a very powerful attacking commander, but one board wipe at the wrong time can be back breaking. Here are some cards I don't understand in this build and would think you can cut: Knowledge Exploitation, Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Strionic Resonator, Krydle of Baldur's Gate.
1 year ago
- Alora, Merry Thief all the reasons specified above
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury was a for-fun place filler, now have more dedicated cards to put in.
- Plaguecrafter have asymmetric board wipes, this guy making me sacrifice was too far
- Hooded Blightfang commander no longer hands out deathtouch like candy so less synergistic.
1 year ago
iwulf411 Hey, thanks for your comment! I don't understand what do you mean when you say that I don't have any means to make Zareth unblockable? I have at least 6 cards in the deck that make him unblockable (Alora, Merry Thief, Krydle of Baldur's Gate, Rogue's Passage, Thassa, God of the Sea, Whirler Rogue, Whispersilk Cloak) and 2 cards that give him pretty good evasion (Mask of Riddles, Shizo, Death's Storehouse).
True, I could change my commander but then I would have to rebuild the deck in a different way since this build is centered around Zareth San being my commander.
If you think you have better cards in mind than what I have in my deck currently, please be so kind to suggest those.
1 year ago
Scrib Nibblers Siphon Insight Wizened Snitches Expel from Orazca Cathartic Adept Vantress Gargoyle Mind Flayer Sage of the Beyond Krydle of Baldur's Gate Consuming Aberration Dazzling Sphinx Palladium Myr Ruin Crab Dark Ritual Negate Dimir Charm Infernal Grasp Aetherspouts AEtherize Winds of Rebuke Stolen Goods Extract from Darkness Necromantic Selection Talent of the Telepath Ravenform Pyxis of Pandemonium Commander's Sphere Hedron Archive Firemind Vessel Sisay's Ring Ur-Golem's Eye
1 year ago
Just going to put some cards here I think you should add if you want to focus on Milling. The deck needs more big mill in order to win/turn on big creatures. Let me know if you want me to suggest cards to remove.
1 year ago
By "normal destroy target creature" I assume you mean something like Murder. A card with the phrase "destroy target" can kill anything that fits the requirements. Krydle of Baldur's Gate is has the Creature type, so it can be killed by Murder. It can't be killed by Doom Blade, for example, because it isn't a nonblack creature.
The common mnemonic for how protection is helps is the word DEBT. A creature with protection can't be Damaged, Enchanted or Equipped, Blocked, or Targeted by any card effect it has protection from. One important note is that this doesn't protect against "Destroy all" effects like Wrath of God; those will still kill a creature with protection.
Similar to answer 1, a destroy effect can affect anything that fits its requirements. Smelt can destroy a generic artifact, an artifact creature, an equipment, or anything else that has Artifact in its type line.