|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wasitora, Nekoru Queen
Legendary Creature — Cat Dragon
Whenever Wasitora, Nekoru Queen deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, you create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token with flying.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Wasitora, Nekoru Queen Discussion
1 month ago
Some lands to consider to improve the mana base: Exotic Orchard , Sheltered Thicket for draw, Canyon Slough for draw, Jund Panorama and Tainted Wood / Tainted Peak should be reliable with the green ramp spells to fetch a basic swamp.
With your commander's triggered ability, you'll want to find ways to stack the top of your deck. Sadly, all of the best stuff to do this is very expensive. The only ones I could find that seem reasonably priced were Cream of the Crop and Haunted Crossroads .
Last One Standing is a cheap boardwipe that will usually get rid of the important stuff. Especially good if someone in your meta plays a tokens deck as it decreases the odds that the only creature standing is anything too troublesome.
Wasitora, Nekoru Queen is on theme and can be additional removal or token generation.
2 months ago
If I don’t discuss a card, it’s because that card didn’t feel like a card I’d want to play, or I didn’t think it was a viable commander. If I miss any really good options for my commander or leader, please let me know.
Adun Oakenshield TL?
Gyrus, Waker of Corpses TL???
Xira Arien TL?
Honestly, looking through this list, most of these cards don’t appeal to me. That said, there were a few that could work if I really felt that I needed to go with Jund. First, Gyrus, Waker of Corpses is really interesting to me as a leader. I could use it as my commander, I guess, but it just isn’t that interesting as an effect to me. I want my commander to have more of an impact on the game than being big, and allowing me to reuse creatures for a turn. I like how it allows me to essentially dash in creatures from my graveyard, retriggering any enter the battlefield effects they may have, and another cool feature that Gyrus, Waker of Corpses has is that it doesn’t really lose value when I recast it from the command zone. I’d much rather spend 9 mana on an 9/9 than spend 12 mana on a 6/5 that’s only really worth 6 but I’m looking for a bit more in a commander, especially since I’ll probably be able to shuffle my graveyard into my library multiple times throughout the game. If I were to use a Jund commander, Gyrus, Waker of Corpses is there, but I know that there’s better commanders for me to choose from. As a leader, however, Gyrus, Waker of Corpses seems awesome. For one thing, he kind of breaks the 3 mana limit by having X in his cost, and bringing cards back from the graveyard is much more useful in a format that doesn’t have any Twilight's Call or Aphetto Dredging in it. For now, I think I’m going to move on, but I may come back to him later when I’m searching for my leader.
Kresh the Bloodbraided intrigues me. I can just imagine… Kresh the Bloodbraided is on the board. I also have a Dread Shade , and a Urabrask the Hidden out. My opponents have full boards with 4+ creatures each; the collective power of all my opponents’ creatures is something like 45. It’s my turn. I draw. GASP! In my hand, I now have Plague Wind . I cast it. SUDDENLY, all of my opponents’ creatures are gone except for one Seraph of the Suns (dang) and I have a 44/44 legendary human warrior, my 3/3 shade, and a praetor that makes all my opponents’ creatures enter tapped. Those are the kind of game-changing plays that I like. Kresh the Bloodbraided is definitely an interesting commander, but I really doubt that I’ll be using him, because besides Plague Wind and In Garruk's Wake , there aren’t any cards that really use him to his full potential. Unless there’s some way to destroy a lot of creatures in a short amount of time, he’ll never get very big, because a 10/10 is a threat that most players can kill and will kill before it becomes much bigger than that. So, Kresh the Bloodbraided just won’t be a very good commander 97.9% of the time (I calculated it) and, in the other 2.1% of games, I have the potential to dominate for a few turns until someone kills Kresh the Bloodbraided through literally any means other than damage, because Jund doesn’t have any decent counterspells besides Avoid Fate , and Regenerate isn’t a very good answer to Murder .
I like the sound of Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire , but without much mill in these colors (besides Altar of the Brood , Waste Not , and Dread Summons , but 3/99 cards isn’t enough to make a mill deck), I don’t see much of a reason to play it. Sure, if one of my opponents plays a Sensei's Divining Top , I can get rid of it and hope that they don’t draw their Paradox Engine , but aside from getting rid of douchey cards I don’t see much of a purpose in playing Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire .
This concludes my exploration of Jund commanders, and since the only options for a Jund leader, besides Gyrus, Waker of Corpses , are Adun Oakenshield and Xira Arien , I don’t think I’ll be using these colors unless I decide to use Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder as my commander, and Gyrus, Waker of Corpses as my leader.
3 months ago
Haha thanks! I bet Wasitora, Nekoru Queen wished she could've been part of the madness.
I think Avacyn is more accessible in a cheeky Kaalia deck than with this angry cato. I teared the dragon- and cat precon apart together my retired Gisela edh to brew the foundations for Marisi. And from it, an Avacyn became available! But either of the two Odric ( Odric, Master Tactician / Odric, Lunarch Marshal ) would make just as excellent as a inclusion.
I certainly recommend this guy!
7 months ago
Neat deck tho!
1 year ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
1 year ago
I love my dragon deck too. I've had a lot of success with Sarkhan's Unsealing since the creature spell doesn't have to resolve for the effect to take place. I might try running it instead of Wasitora, Nekoru Queen or Steel Hellkite
1 year ago
Hello. To be honest I don't know of any particular addition to your deck, I mean you deck looks really nice already as it is, plus I always have a problem with making the decks with more than 100 cards and then never know what to keep and what to take, that's why my most recent decks usually have several cards on the maybeboard, which with time I trim down ahaha. With this I mean, even if I knew of something nice to add I probably wouldn't know what to take out of the deck, but I am actually thinking about building a dragon tribal with Wasitora, Nekoru Queen in the next week, so during the process of building the deck if I come up with something interesting for your deck I will let you know. :)
1 year ago
How's it going, friends? What will it take for a Jund midrange deck to beat a ramp heavy and sweeper-happy Avacyn, Angel of Hope deck?
So far I've had little success. I've been too slow to win before Avacyn hits the board. Even with spot removals my opponent can resummon, leaving me with one removal less.
I have ways to mitigate board wipe effects, though not guaranteed to draw them in time. They don't help me win either, rather only stall the inevitable follow-up sweeper. The deck I face is full of them, along with spot removals and recursion for more removal/sweepers.
I want to decimate Avacyn using Jund colors and ideally would prefer keeping Wasitora, Nekoru Queen as commander. I'm also willing to go more aggro and run more hatred if I must.
Link to my deck : Wasi the Madcat WIP
Any input and advice is appreciated.
Wasitora, Nekoru Queen occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%