|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||mcstang1986 , sombrevivo , sonnet666 , jstn.mrrtt , releasethedogs , Fineontheoutside , Va1mar , Swamy , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Bluboltar , rockleemyhero , Lindough , carsickpanda273 , Kravian , joshw335 , frederiklw , Pelli , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (2)||frederiklw , SaniTheCat|
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the advise! I agree that the deck definately misses a sac outlet. Was thinking of Doomgape but I think it might be a major downside that it is at the end of your upkeep. Still going to try it though! Another option would be High Market which fits nicely into the land subtheme :) Another thing I'm currently looking at is cutting some of the stuff that reacts with land in the graveyard like Crop Rotation and World Shaper and replacing them with more creatures and maybe a Tooth and Nail or a Green Sun's Zenith.
4 weeks ago
You've got a decent number of creatures in here that need a sacrifice outlet for you to truly abuse them with Horde of Notions. Many of the evoke creatures need to die to trigger their effects as well, and playing them with Horde of Notions doesn't let you evoke them. I would suggest running a couple of sacrifice outlets. Doomgape gives you some life by sacrificing your creatures, while Magmaw can sacrifice any nonland permanent to ping things. Both of these are elementals and can be recurred by Horde. Some nonelemental options I really like are: Infernal Tribute (lets you sacrifice pretty much anything to draw cards) and Greater Good (sculpts your hand and dumps reanimation targets into the graveyard). However, I'm now realizing that Infernal Tribute has a really awful mana cost, so you probably can't fit it in.
2 months ago
Two trains of thought for b/g decks jarad especially.
Trying to ineffectively do an infinate is counterproductive either focuse on that having Miki as ur general or try focusing on your plan for this deck.
6 months ago
7 months ago
Okay, so fair warning, I haven't looked through every past version of your list, so some of these may be cards you've already considered, but I wanted to take a broad approach and hope to give you some stuff you've never seen before.
Angelic Wall Avatar of Hope City of Solitude Cloudthresher Condemn Conqueror's Galleon Flip Dazzling Ramparts Deathless Angel Doomgape Eater of Days Elderscale Wurm Engulfing Slagwurm Erebos, God of the Dead Giant Adephage Grave Sifter Gutter Grime Hunted Horror Jareth, Leonine Titan Karametra, God of Harvests Kin-Tree Invocation Luminate Primordial Palisade Giant Pelakka Wurm Platinum Emperion Primal Command Scaled Behemoth Solar Tide Sunscape Familiar Sylvan Primordial Terastodon Terra Stomper Vengeful Archon Voice of Resurgence Wall of Hope Wall of Junk Wall of Nets Windbrisk Raptor
8 months ago
Bimonthly update for the deck of baby elves:
9 months ago
Cheap BG stuff that you might want to consider: Vulturous Zombie stuff dying is quite good, Varolz, the Scar-Striped graveuard stuff and sac engine, Spiritmonger, Reaper of the Wilds stuff dying is good, Rakshasa Deathdealer, Putrid Leech a decent buff, Pharika, God of Affliction graveyard and make some snakes, Hag Hedge-Mage versatility is good, Grave-Shell Scarab for some draw, Doomgape is a good sac engine, Deity of Scars good dude in general, Baloth Null for some recursion, Puppeteer Clique not BG but steal your opponet's stuff.
10 months ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)