Creature — Elemental Incarnation
Guile can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.
If a spell or ability you control would counter a spell, instead exile that spell and you may play that card without paying its mana cost.
When Guile is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
Inniaz doesn't target, which allows me to steal thing with hexproof and shroud.
Earlier versions of the deck ran the usual counter spells, but I don't really like to play that way. Dovescape and Guile with a bunch of counter spells might work, but I'm still trying things out, seeing what works, and how people treat Inniaz as a threat. If I do decide later to run counters, I have access to all the best ones except for Mana Drain, which I see no point in getting at the moment.
Also, I'm currently focusing too much on removing creatures, and I need to fix that. Originally, my idea was to give away creatures and stealing noncreatures, but the deck changed over time and bouncing and destroying noncreatures would help me deal with quite a lot of things.
2 months ago
I find it really wierd you have no elementals (almost none) in this deck, the whole point of omnath is to flood out whith elementals, on that note some cards that do some serious work with omnath include Animar, Soul of Elements, Chandra's Spitfire, Fire Urchin, Forgotten Ancient, Guile, Lavakin Brawler, Scampering Scorcher, and especially Risen Reef is a power house, these are just a few that are good across the board then depending on your theme you can add others to make it truly insane, omnath can get out of control fairly quickly.
7 months ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: Docent of Perfection Flip, Echo Storm, Saheeli's Artistry, Supplant Form, Archaeomancer, Depths of Desire, Pirate's Prize, Swarm Intelligence, Deploy to the Front, Devout Invocation, Summon the School, Lunar Mystic, Dawn to Dusk, Guile (fun on its own, and goes infinite with Dovescape!)
8 months ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
8 months ago
KayneMarco you're definitely right. I built this deck based on things I had currently. Guile is in my Maybeboard currently. I want to pick up for the reason you mentioned lol. Sounds like it would be a blast if it gets to go off.
8 months ago
Actually surprised I don’t see Guile in the 99. Combined with dovescape you’ld get all your opponents tokens being created by dovescape.
11 months ago
1 year ago
Thank you for your comments king-saproling! Glad you like the deck.
I like the substitution strategy for getting around resolving my original spell while still letting Hive Mind create copies for my opponents: if I kill myself too often I'll revisit these cards. I'm trying to stay away from sorcery speed tricks so that if I wheel with Hive Mind up I can cast spells between each resolution. The repeated no turn concept with Snap is hilarious, however I actively avoid putting infinite combos in my decks. Cephalid Shrine and Guile is another neat combo, but narrow and hard to fit in.