|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
At the beginning of your end step, manifest the top card of your library. (Put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up at any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)
Sacrifice Whisperwood Elemental: Until end of turn, face-up nontoken creatures you control gain "When this creature dies, manifest the top card of your library."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||ironax , Yawkcorb , vishnarg , gildan_bladeborn , burnedbread , saj0219 , mazrimtaim , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , Forkbeard , philktoken8998 , Dsmonsta , rikertchu , golgarigirl , Mortiferus_Rosa , mziter501 , Pumpkinking913 , Nightdragon779 , rockleemyhero , Vasbear1 , ZeroKotaha , Ellyreia , MonoRedBomb.Com , Regulus1010 , Famicomania , frederiklw , thetechzombie|
Whisperwood Elemental Discussion
2 weeks ago
Alright so initial thoughts: needs more ramp, needs more card draw and needs more interaction.
Ramp: You are in green so there is a lot of really good and cheep ramp you should add. You have the three two mana rampent growths which are good, but you should have at least 10 pieces of ramp in your deck, generally I like the higher mana ones that get two lands. The two mana ones are better in faster playgroups, but with how slow our games usually are, card efficiency and advantage is more important in my opinion. Cards I suggest: Cultivate, Explosive Vegetation, Kodama's Reach. You might also consider running all the signets though you may not need them. Also a note on mana, I'd say you should still run at least 36 lands, 34 is a bit low. For budget reasons you can probably cut the scry lands too. Look at: Kazandu Refuge, Highland Lake, Simic Guildgate, Timber Gorge, Woodland Stream. You also need to add some Mountains to your deck, at least 4 I'd say. You can also try to reduce the number of tap lands but yeah.
Card draw: One note first, make sure you add Ancestral Statue. Honestly your card draw isn't to to bad. I'd include Fierce Empath to for tutors, Skullclamp is always great card draw too. Secret Plans is cheap and goes with your deck. Trail of Mystery is also a good card, remember you can unmorph inside of combat too. Salt Road Ambushers is also a morph card that goes really well with other morph creatures. Remember megamorph is the same thing as morph, except when it flips it gets an extra +1/+1 counter. Whisperwood Elemental is crazy good card advantage too. Ixidor, Reality Sculptor is really crazy good when you can turn expensive un-morph creatures face up for only 3 mana too. Master of the Veil is also really good to rebuy some of the unmorph effects.
Interaction: This is one you could use some more work on. Most of your interaction will come from creatures but you still need to have some. For artifact and enchantment destruction you should be running a few of these: Acidic Slime, Nantuko Vigilante And a few ways to interact with creatures: Thousand Winds And maybe some spell removal: Beast Within, Primal Command, Shatterstorm.
Cards I dont think are pulling their weight: Recurring Insight is bad imo, if you want Fact or Fiction is better I'd say. Ashcloud Phoenix really slow and probably not going to recur. Broodhatch Nantuko interesting if you block a big creature and unmoroh it but even then I dont think its that good. Dawntreader Elk unless you are returning it from the graveyard I like other ramp more. Desolation Twin only good when you are ahead and even then questionable. Fathom Seer good card, but may not always have two islands, or just needs to be a consideration when you are ramping. Protean Hulk really good for combos and sometimes ok for value. In your deck of high cmc creatures though not as good. Unless he's a combo piece I'd say you can cut him. Thelonite Hermit dont think its worth it. Thought Harvester good if you are comboing it with Ancestral Statue or the like for a game winning combo, so probably fine, doesn't do much if you are not comboing though. Tishana, Voice of Thunder probably only good if you are already winning, may be fine but also cuttable for budget reasons. Flash really doesnt need to be here. Swan Song is a great card but can also probably be cut.
On other notes, your curve is looking pretty good, and overall it looks like a good deck. You can move a few cards around for budget reasons, but really your almost as low as you can go. Cards you can probably cut for budget reasons: Solemn Simulacrum, Voidmage Prodigy, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Rootbound Crag, Protean Hulk, Cinder Glade, and Swan Song. Other than that it gets iffy I'd say. Let me know if you have any further questions.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
- Is Eldrazi Monument a bit risky because it dies after a boardwipe?
- Is Worldspine Wurm's casting cost too expensive?
- Is Living Hive and Giant Adephage and Gigantomancer too slow/not enough value from the mana investment?
- Is 30 basic forest plus 9 non-basic land too little, too many, or ok?
- Is Abzan Beastmaster good enough card draw?
- Are the lifegain cards needed/good enough? Essence Warden and Arborback Stomper
- Is Druidic Satchel too slow and mana intensive?
- Is Nissa's Revelation too expensive and inconsistent?
- Is Moonsilver Spear a bit counter-intuitive in an anti-flyer deck? It's supposed to synergise with the token creation and a way to fight opponents' flyers.
- Should I play Squirrel Nest to combine with my Earthcraft for the infinite squirrel combo, or is that a bit inconsistent and unfair?
- Is Whisperwood Elemental any good? It does not synergise with the token creation theme, and has other risks.
- Is Whispersilk Cloak any good? it seems and over costed Swiftfoot Boots, but do I need to protect my commander, plus the unblockable might be valid.
- Is Archetype of Endurance worth it, as it seems like a not as good Asceticism?
1 month ago
2 months ago
5 months ago
These are the cards above 10 dollars and what to include instead:
- Exploration can be changed for Burgeoning, but Exploration is more explosive since it lets you also cast a one mana creature on turn one and attack with it on turn two, drawing a card.
- Temporal Manipulation can be changed for Part the Waterveil
- Time Warp is very importart, I would recommend you buying it (I'm saving for Capture of Jingzhou since 5 mana take a turn are crucial for going off), but if you are short on money Temporal Trespass may do the trick
- Gaea's Cradle can be replaced with Boreal Druid. Don't use Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, since it is too slow. Remember to take out Crop Rotation
- Flusterstorm can be replaced with some other cheap counterspell, maybe Mana Leak, Disdainful Stroke or Swan Song (beware: the bird token blocking your flying creatures is very annoying)
- Force of Will can be replaced with Foil, specially since you will have more basics by taking out fetches. Abjure is another good option.
- Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt and Mana Crypt: fast mana is really important for this deck, maybe Elvish Spirit Guide can replace one, also try Druids' Repository and Nature's Will (specially if there is stax in your meta.
Regarding the mana base, just take of all the fetches, shocks and Cavern of Souls (its not that important) and replace them with duals lands that come into place untapped, like Reflecting Pool and Exotic Orchard (this is very important). If you don't find lands that come into play untapped, just play basics, a high basic land count its actually a good thing since Elvish Pioneer on turn one is one of your more explosive hands (it lets you cast Edric on turn two and attack with a creature).
This is a very "all in" version of the deck. Maybe a budget friendly version could try to be more resilient and run cards like Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa and more ways of protecting your creatures from wrath effects, Wrap in Vigor, Chasm Skulker, Hangarback Walker, Whisperwood Elemental, Foundry of the Consuls, Faerie Conclave are just some that come to mind.
This deck started as a budget one, and it did very well then :) it does improve with expensive cards, but not as much as you would think.
Best of luck! Upload yours when you build it and let me know of the results.
5 months ago
Maybe Archetype of Endurance to protect your board, as well as Whisperwood Elemental. Garruk's Horde and Shaman of the Great Hunt could be some more card draw. Nullmage Shepherd could be repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.