Palisade Giant Interactions
Asked by Valmek 6 years agoSo I've played with Palisade Giant before but I don't think I understood its mechanic fully. I have a few questions about the card. If I would to be attacked by a Worldspine Wurm and I declare no block will all damage be dealt to Palisade? Also if I declare no blocks when being attacked will casting Gods Willing on my Palisade, will it prevent the damage? Also what will trample do if I block the Worldspine Wurm with my Palisade will the other 4 damage go through or go through then come back and hit Palisade then it dies? Also what about fights light Domri Rade -2 ability to make creatures fight will that effect Palisade and effect if I can put protection on it (if that works). Sorry if I didn't word this right but help would be appreciated.
If you're going to ask multiple related questions in one thread, please at least separate them as bullet points or something.
- Palisade Giant 's ability does exactly what it says it will: it redirects all damage that would be dealt to you or another permanent you control. All 15 of the combat damage from Worldspine Wurm will be redirected to Palisade Giant .
- Palisade Giant 's ability redirects damage. If it has protection, or if some other effect is preventing damage that would be dealt to it, then that damage will be redirected, then prevented.
- If you block with Palisade Giant , the damage that would trample over it will be redirected, per Palisade Giant 's ability. Nothing will hit you.
- Let's say you control Storm Crow and your opponent controls Sedge Scorpion . If you make Storm Crow fight Sedge Scorpion , then the damage that would be dealt to Storm Crow will instead be dealt to Palisade Giant . Storm Crow 's own fight damage will be dealt to Sedge Scorpion as normal.
June 1, 2014 4:45 p.m.
"All damage" means exactly what it says, so Palisade Giant will redirect to itself all damage that would be dealt to you or anything else you control. For your specific questions:
- Yes, all 15 combat damage from the unblocked Worldspine Wurm will be redirected to Palisade Giant.
- One of the things protection does is prevent damage, so your trick with Gods Willing on Palisade Giant will work for all damage from sources of the chosen color.
- Similar to question 1, any trample damage assigned to you from the blocked Wurm will also be redirected to Palisade Giant.
- If one of your creatures is involved in a fight, Palisade Giant will redirect the damage that would be dealt to your creature by the other creature. Protection also works here, similar to question 2.
June 1, 2014 4:49 p.m.
Sorry Epochalyptik I'll do that next time if I have another question with multiple answers. Thank you both for the answers and I appreciated it