Creature — Wurm
Greater Sandwurm can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.
Cycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Greater Sandwurm Discussion
1 month ago
Thanks for the feedback-- I'm building just with cards that I own and have pulled from boosters. I noticed that I actually do have 2 copies of Scaled Behemoth, and so Accomplished Automaton has been removed in its favor. I also replaced Ancient Brontodon with another Greater Sandwurm. I do want to keep the Nissa's Encouragement along with the brambleweft and Nissa herself, because I believe that the sorcery there can help me keep my hand at 7 in case of Kefnet the Mindful being out, as well as being able to return Nissa from the graveyard to my hand. Brambleweft Behemoth is present in one copy simply because Nissa's Encouragement searches for it, and I believe the sup-optimal-ness of the card is made up for by the fact that it's a 6/6 that I have two searches for and can also return from the graveyard.
1 month ago
Greater Sandwurm has great potential in this ramp deck as well, going unblocked by little guy and eats the big ones and ofcourse when you don't need it you can just cycle it away
2 months ago
Now that Amonkhet with its new cycling cards was released, this deck can be significantly improved. I have tested your decklist as it was, and then made following changes:
- Obviously add new cycling creatures, such as Archfiend of Ifnir or Greater Sandwurm.
- Removals like Murder or Ichor Slick in this deck are bad, because they add creatures into your opponent's graveyard, which makes your Living End worse. You need to focus on removal which disables the creature on the battlefield, puts it into library or exiles it, such as Chaos Warp or Song of the Dryads.
- Turns out that this deck has much better manabase than it seems - mainly because of all the land-cycling creatures (Igneous Pouncer), which can search for dual lands such as Cinder Glade. Thus it is easily possible to play four colors. Adding blue will improve your changes of going off with additional cascade card Shardless Agent and tutors like Bring to Light.
- Replace Flayer of the Hatebound with Ogre Battledriver. As previous comment says, Flayer of the Hatebound doesn't work with Living End. So instead of damage, you'll have haste.
- Replace All Hallow's Eve with Twilight's Call - it's $100 cheaper.
- Add Emrakul, the Promised End as a backup plan - turns out that the deck has a lot of tutors, never misses a land-drop thanks to all that cycling, and has many card types in the graveyard. Emrakul is enough to win all alone.
3 months ago
I recommend the following changes:
Add 3 Rhonas's Stalwart, 1 Resilient Khenra, 1 Gideon's Defeat, 1 Dauntless Aven, 1 Tah-Crop Elite, 1 Vizier of the True, 1 Rhet-Crop Spearmaster, 1 Trial of Solidarity, 1 Sunscourge Champion, 2 Bitterblade Warrior, 1 Unwavering Initiate, 1 Initiate's Companion , 1 Naga Vitalist, 1 Act of Heroism.
The biggest problem of your current version is the mana curve, you have way too many mana intensive cards and very little ramp, so i would cut the 5+ CMC cards for the aggressive 2 and 3 drops from your card pool and play a more aggro version of the deck.
3 months ago
Cheers for the advise. I think for now I'll go for the 2/4/6 ramp. Mainly cause there is no 1 drop ramp (which makes me sad). Also worked on the lands, with a lot of Cycling and Scrying i don't there there is too much of a need for Evolving Wilds, though I may be wrong. considering moving the Greater Sandwurm for a pair of Hour of Promise, and if I do, will leave the 1-off Hostile desert as a fetch.
Also looking towards next format now, so going to avoid card that will rotate soon. Vizier dropped for Walking Ballista, as the ballista is a better mana sink.
thijmnesoy on Wurms
4 months ago
@seshiro_of_the_orochi thanks! and I might be adding Sandwurm Convergence, Advent of the Wurm. And maybe Greater Sandwurm
some Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse are also a great suggestion! thanks!
5 months ago
Your decks are pretty cool as well. I really like these wurm decks...maybe I'll have to build one myself, though the number of wurms I own is too damn low.
Cards you could try here are Advent of the Wurm, Sandwurm Convergence and Greater Sandwurm.Also, I really suggest to include some Terramorphic Expanse or Evolving Wilds to search your library without having to pay any mana. This makes panglacial wurm a little easier to cast.