|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Archer Minion
Tap: Put a bounty counter on target nonblack creature.
Tap: Destroy target creature with a bounty counter on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bounty Hunter Discussion
2 months ago
I've been thinking about making a deck with this guy. It's that I already have a deck in these colours, otherwise I probably would have gone for it. He's cool.
You could try adding some things which put it clearly out there that if things are attacking you, they are dying.. Thinking Dread or Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts. Or just something like High Priest of Penance. Brutal Hordechief is also a very good offensive tool, but really good politically as well, considering you can force your opponents into a bad block, so persuading other opponents to attack them should be easier.
Also, note that Bounty Hunter does not help Mathas get the counters out there. Since the effect Mathas' bounty counters have are tied to his specific ability, the creatures only gain that effect if Mathas gives them the counter. If the counter should be removed, it can be re-added by a Bounty Hunter to trigger the effect, but putting a Bounty counter on a creature with Bounty Hunter while having Mathas on the field will not give you the draw effect.Of course, you can still use him to kill the creatures tagged by Mathas. If that's your intention, never mind my comments.
2 months ago
Alright, cool, thanks! I've added some of your recommendations (I can't believe I forgot about Sheoldred, smh).
As for Hunter of Eyeblights, the reason is that it can target creatures with bounty-counters on them (similarly to Bounty Hunter and/or Kulrath Knight). It might be cut, because it's a bit cheeky, but I'm interested in seeing how it plays.
3 months ago
Amazing deck you have right there, I love politics in commander, thats why I built Queen Marchesa! By the way, how does Bounty Hunter works with Mathas, Fiend Seeker's bounty counters? Does it work the way I think it does?
7 months ago
8 months ago
Bounty Hunter fasho
Animation Module more bounty counters
Strionic Resonator extra Marthas end step triggers
9 months ago
When I first saw Marthas Bounty Hunter came to mind. What do you think, worth a spot?
9 months ago
I got bored studying for my test so I decided to take a look at this :)
So since I don't know your budget, I'm just going to suggest some cards with not a lot of concern for how much they cost; feel free to ignore anything you can't afford (I'm a budget EDH player too lol).
- Bounty Hunter, for obvious synergies with Mathas
- Sol Ring, because it's completely broken.
- Ghostly Prison and Sphere of Safety, which are both EDH staples
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs and Windborn Muse, for the same reason as the above two
- Orzhov Signet and Boros Signet, as ramp is hard to come by in non-green decks
- Terminate, as spot removal is good.
- Lightning Greaves, as shroud is good.
- Solemn Simulacrum, as ramp and card draw is good.
- Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Toxic Deluge, and Merciless Eviction, as wraths are good.
- Comeuppance, because it's funny to play this when somebody betrays you
- Phyrexian Arena, because it's completely broken to draw two cards a turn. Necropotence is also an option, though slightly harder to play because triple Black is hard to get in a 3-color deck
- Chromatic Lantern, because mana fixing is good in a 3-color deck.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited, because he's card draw, removal, and a win condition all rolled into one.
I hope this helps! Enjoy your deck!