Raise the Draugr
Choose one —
- Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Return two target creature cards that share a creature type from your graveyard to your hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Raise the Draugr Discussion
2 months ago
3 months ago
6 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Edgar.
You have the right idea with wanting to cast Vamps quick to take advantage of eminence, but the manabase also needs to match this strategy. There's too many lands that will always ETB tapped which reduces the consistency of casting Vamps quick. More dual lands that can ETB untapped would speed up game play.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Caves of Koilos --> Forsaken Sanctuary
- Unclaimed Territory --> Gateway Plaza
- Exotic Orchard --> Idyllic Grange
- Battlefield Forge --> Stone Quarry
- Tainted Field --> Boros Guildgate
- Smoldering Marsh --> Cinder Barrens
- Ash Barrens --> Evolving Wilds
- Temple of Silence --> Akoum Refuge
- Temple of Triumph --> Bloodfell Caves
Some other budget cards to consider adding:
- Knight of the Ebon Legion
- Forerunner of the Legion : Vamp tutor and it can repeatable pump
- Pact of the Serpent : from Kaldheim Commander and it's a powerful draw spell with Vamp tokens.
- Shadow Alley Denizen : repeatable evasion
- Rakish Heir : grows each Vamp who does combat damage to a player including itself.
- Necropolis Regent
- Etchings of the Chosen : anthem and can be repeatable protection for Vamps from board wipes by sacing tokens to protect nontoken Vamps.
- Scapegoat can save all nontoken Vamps from a board wipe by sacing one token and you get to cast the Vamps again to recover as well as trigger more eminence.
- Bloodline Pretender : it can get huge because it triggers whenever a Vamp token is created.
- Raise the Draugr : can recur two Vamps for two mana at instant speed.
Higher CMC Vamps as less needed because you have Edgar who's the six drop you want to cast more than the others, but Necropolis Regent is a budget second. Like Edgar, Regent is also good with a Vamp swam as well as with Edgar and other flying Vamps.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Price of Knowledge
- Sengir, the Dark Baron
- Crimson Honor Guard
- Arvad the Cursed
- Bishop of Binding
- Bloodbond Vampire
- Malakir Cullblade
- Bone Splinters
- Ambition's Cost
Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
I'd look at Rally the Ranks , Call of the Death-Dweller , and/or Raise the Draugr . But as of now, your deck could technically have Umori, the Collector as a companion (but idk its price or usefulness).
7 months ago
Here's the Deck if its easier:
All But Yellow Sno
1 Ascendant Spirit 1 Blizzard Brawl 1 Elven Bow 1 Giant's Amulet 1 Pilfering Hawk 1 Aegar, the Freezing Flame 1 Bound in Gold 2 Glittering Frost 1 Horizon Seeker 1 Icehide Troll 2 Mistwalker 1 Dwarven Hammer 1 Svella, Ice Shaper 1 Forging the Tyrite Sword 1 Behold the Multiverse 1 Esika's Chariot 2 Littjara Kinseekers 1 Spirit of the Aldergard 1 Struggle for Skemfar 1 Inga Rune-Eyes 1 Elderleaf Mentor 1 Ravenous Lindwurm
2 Island 1 Snow-Covered Plains 4 Forest 1 Snow-Covered Forest 1 Mountain 1 Glacial Floodplain 1 Hengegate Pathway Flip 1 Ice Tunnel 1 Alpine Meadow 1 Gnottvold Slumbermound 2 Shimmerdrift VAle 1 Faceless Haven
1 Tormentor's Helm 1 Wings of the Cosmos 1 Snakeskin Veil 1 Draugr's Helm 1 Divine Gambit 1 In Search of Greatness 2 Raise the Draugr 1 Goldvein Pick 1 Rune of Mortality 1 Beskir Shieldmate 1 Draugr Thought-Thief 1 Doomskar Oracle 1 Harald, King of Skemfar 1 Scorn Effigy 1 Infernal Pet 1 Starnheim Courser 1 Tuskeri Firewalker 1 Dwarven Reinforcements 1 Axgard Braggart 1 Karfell Kennel-Master 1 Hagi Mob 1 Tergrid's Shadow 1 Warhorn Blast 1 Undersea Invader 1 Cinderheart Giant
7 months ago
Any thoughts on this insane 4-color Snow deck from my first ever Kaldheim Limited event?
weird, the link works fine when I preview the post, but disappears when I submit it. Until I figure out how to fix it, I'll just post the URL for copy/pasting
All But Yellow Sno
My concerns are: 1) All the dang colors of course, but even more so, the Mana Sources. Even tho my breakdown is 12 Green, 10 Blue, 4 Red, and 2 White... my sources are 5 Green, 5 Blue, 3 Red, and 4 White (not including the 2 Shimmerdrift VAle). Obviously a result of needing so many Snow Lands, but still, can this work out with any consistency?
2) Is it possible I'm over-doing the Snow Mana sources? I know with Ascendant Spirit, Faceless Haven, and 4 other cards that care about Snow, that may seem like a crazy thing to ask... but I should point out I have EIGHT lands that are Snow, a Human and a (ghost) Bear that can draw me a Snow Land, a Troll that can create Snow Mana Rocks, and two otherwise terrible Enchant Lands that can produce 2 Snow Mana where there were none before. Am I supposed to cram all this into a single 40-card deck? I'd love to drop one of the 2 Glittering Frost but I'm worried since so many of my cards require LOTS of Snow Mana.
3) My deck is 42 cards (17 Lands). I know, I know... but I honestly couldn't cut anything else, at least not until I see the deck in action first.
I listed my best unused cards in the Sideboard of the deck I posted. Can you believe I was originally Splashing Black as well for Raise the Draugr and Karfell Kennel-Master? I recently took out Draugr Thought-Thief for Forging the Tyrite Sword which just seemed to go perfect with my 4 colors and 3 Equipment.
Sorry for all the reading, any advice AT ALL would be so appreciated. I'm so nervous to play this deck, I can't tell if its Genius or Insanity. Can you?
8 months ago
From My Reddit Post:
I've always wanted to do a Oops All Rats commander deck, but always found it to be a little bit tight on resources due to wanting to go three-color with it. I have wanted to make an Indulging Patrician PEDH deck ever since I saw it. Lifelink tribal felt a little cliche and felt too much like my Liesa deck, so I decided to combine these ideas instead.
The deck is pretty much wrapped up, but I have about six cuts I want to make. I'm trying to find room for Village Rites for draw, Spare from Evil for closing the game, Invoke the Divine for instant speed removal or a IP trigger if used on my turn, Raise the Draugr for recursion, Shields of Velis Vel to save my rats from Electrickery effects, and Angel of Dawn as another potential closer. Any thought on what should go? Anything from the other maybes I should put priority on?