|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cat Cleric
Artifacts you control have hexproof. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||ZombieFood , Friedrice24 , VGJustice , Justinaut , Supremespeed , Mousemke , sepheroth119 , Fairseas , Kiortio , Unlife , mycheze , mcstang1986 , ShishkyBob , angesoir , bakeraj4 , Dimarx|
|Want (18)||metalevolence , DarthMeatloaf , bbtancakes , epic-jargon , HowIett , BringerOfStorms , adb_slayer , swarlelion , TrackerD , grabarzstg , jtaddeo , Loading_Error , orzhov_moskalski , AgentCrazyDiamond , Elode , Yoshi400x7 , jaimegomez27 , sleepy104|
Leonin Abunas Discussion
4 weeks ago
Next I think you really need to up the number of cards in your deck that give you lands, sword of the animist is GREAT but it can't do all the work so here's a catalog of them:
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Burnished Hart
- Expedition Map
- Gift of Estates
- Myriad Landscape
- Surveyor's Scope
- Thaumatic Compass Flip
That's all I could find and the ones that put them onto the battlefield are notably better because combat tricks.
These next suggestions are if you stay more artifact focused, and just general good cards for Voltron:
- Basilisk Collar
- Emeria sheperd
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Sram, Senior Edificer
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Sword of Vengeance
- Masterwork of Ingenuity
- Sculpting Steel
- Blinkmoth Urn
- Silent Arbiter
- Cathedral of War
- Remember the Fallen
- Leonin Abunas
- Magus of the Tabernacle
Sorry if I went too overboard... Also sorry for the lack of black voltron, I just don't know much black voltron-y stuff. Ok. to-da-loo!
1 month ago
DrkNinja: Those are some amazing recommendations. I do want to know which cards you feel are the best to cut for some of these as I'm new to voltron. I ran a bunch of control creatures to kind of help maintain a board state in my meta which is usually 1v1 or 3 player. I own everything you mentioned bar Replenish, Scourglass, Leonin Abunas, and Spirit Loop.
1 month ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 month ago
Equipment is the theme here so getting them and protecting your equipment is good, but there is a bunch so you could make an easy cut there: Open the Vaults -I personally don't like because opponents get their shit too, Darksteel Forge -such a big mana sink and it wont keep your creatures alive, Ghostly Flicker -I'm trying to think of where this would be useful besides ETB effects, it wont save them from artifact destruction spells, Leonin Abunas -gives your artifacts hexproof but is a 4 mana 2/5, super meh imo.
There is also a lot of 'equipment recursion' if you wanna call it that. Think about how much resources you want to dedicate to bringing destroyed equipment back from the graveyard versus counting on drawing or tutoring one of your 17 equipment in the deck. I personally LOVE how many artifact/equipment tutors you have, I personally would gladly run just those INSTEAD of the recursion spells. Ritual of Restoration
Here are other cuts I'd consider: Bred for the Hunt Primeval Bounty Foundry Inspector Auriok Windwalker Dispatch -I would swap with Swords to Plowshares as it is more reliable, or Condemn. Harrow, Kiora, Master of the Depths.
Here are some possible replacements: Sun Titan -VERY GOOD FOR YOUR DECK, Danitha Capashen, Paragon, Bloodforged Battle-Axe, Moonsilver Spear, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Armory Automaton, Balan, Wandering Knight, Blackblade Reforged, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame, Godo, Bandit Warlord, Ajani, Caller of the Pride -bringing him back, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Austere Command, Elspeth, Knight-Errant.
2 months ago
I suggest adding more ways to push your damage through.
Armored Ascension Evasion and big pump
Spirit Mantle Evasion
Loxodon Warhammer An auto include in any voltron deck
Unquestioned Authority Card draw and evasion in one
Hammer of Nazahn Indestructible and Sigarda's aid in one
Silent Arbiter Ideal for any voltron deck focusing on control
Memory Jar Second part of the Scroll Rack draw machine
I would drop Kor Duelist, Mirran Crusader, Armageddon(you really don't like others having fun), Hero of Bladehold, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, and Skullclamp. Even if you don't want to put in the enchantments, Brass Squire and Leonin Abunas are better creatures.
3 months ago
You could put an Adorned Pouncer or an Ajani's Pridemate insted of an Initiate's Companion.With the equipment sub-theme you could use a Leonin Abunas just for shit and giggles. Also, kind of situational, but Shamanic Revelation is usually better than Harmonize (Or use both).
Swords to Plowshares is never a bad option.
All of those cards are not that expensive and are really good, I guess.
5 months ago
By itself, Krosan Vorine is hot garbage, no doubt about it. However, with Arahbo, Vorine is an absolute monster. In this deck, it might as well read, ": destroy target creature with power and toughness equal or less than 4/4." That's an insane ability! Then it gets completely out of control if buffed any further. With Hammer of Nazahn, it'll take down an 8/8, and it's pretty much game-over if you can also give it Hexproof somehow.
Even without equipment, just think about the COUNTLESS smaller creatures in EDH that only exist for their overpowered abilities, not to mention commanders. People never plan on attacking or blocking with those weenies, just using their abilities. Well, they all become lunch for as long as Vorine is allowed to roam the battlefield. Not even tapping can save them!
My playgroup has learned to fear the Krosan Vorine. The first time I played it, they shrugged and so I proceeded to kill Animar, Soul of Elements on the following turn. Now it draws instant removal in most games lol. I now try to hold it until I have an equipment with Indestructible/Hexproof. It'll win you games if allowed to run wild - easily one of the strongest cats in the deck.
I would just cut Sylvan Library in favor of Sensei's Divining Top. I've cut all my enchantments to maximize the impact of Leonin Abunas and Austere Command (targeting creatures and enchantments). There are also a bunch of sourceries that "destroy all enchantments" that you could include.
5 months ago
Then I would highly recommend Leonin Abunas if you are looking for protection of your valuable assets.