|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ixalan (XLN)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Huatli, Dinosaur Knight
Planeswalker — Huatli
+2: Put two +1/+1 counters on up to one target Dinosaur you control.
-3: Target Dinosaur you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control.
-7: Dinosaurs you control get +4/+4 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Huatli, Dinosaur Knight Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, u guys still using this deck in MTG Arena? i have 2 mith wildcards and i dont know what to do with them.. surely i'll get x2 Huatli, Warrior Poet but, is this the best decission? or sud i get x1 Huatli, Dinosaur Knight?
2 months ago
Must be a bug with it being indented. Weird. Oh well.
OOOH, I see. I misspelled their names. Weird that it didn't make the error pop-up. Huh.
3 months ago
Not the strongest planeswalker by far, but in this deck have you considered Huatli, Dinosaur Knight? Might be extremely useful given you strategy of dino flood
6 months ago
Note Steely Resolve is a nombo for lots of things you want to do. You might want to reconsider that card.
Huatli, Dinosaur Knight, Huatli, Radiant Champion, Pounce, Crash the Ramparts, Savage Stomp, Rile, Hunt the Weak, Enter the Unknown, Tilonalli's Crown, Kindred Boon, Majestic Heliopterus, Cacophodon, and lastly Spirit en-Dal all don't work if Steely Resolve is out and you choose dinosaur
6 months ago
Unless this deck is mostly Dinosaurs, I wouldn't recommend Huatli, Dinosaur Knight and all the cards that let you cast a creature type for less. Forerunner of the Empire would be good for this deck to combo with Polyraptor.
7 months ago
7 months ago
This is my first time building an EDH deck and I was curious what could be improved.
I want to add in a boardwipe like Wrath of God or Planar Cleansing and switch something out for Wakening Sun's Avatar and then I don't have Command Tower or Reliquary Tower in and don't know if they're "required".
8 months ago
I haven't looked over the entire list but here are a few suggestions at first glance:
1) Ramp Spells --- Let's be real, Gishath, Sun's Avatar is a game-winner, so you want to get it out ASAP. You're going to want to ramp up to 8 mana before your opponents can get too many blockers on the board. Thunderherd Migration and Farseek are already in there, and both are definitely solid, but I'd honestly put in way more than two ramp spells. Consider Rampant Growth, Exploration, Heartbeat of Spring, et cetera. You want to be getting more than 1 land onto the field per turn if you can, and you want those lands to be producing more than 1 mana whenever possible. For this reason I have honestly no idea why you aren't running Wayward Swordtooth and Commune with Dinosaurs. Both of those cards would be incredible in this deck.
2) Mana Rocks --- With the number of ramp spells available in your colors you really don't have much use for artifacts that produce mana. While I agree that Chromatic Lantern is good for mana fixing, you don't really need it when you can very easily get all three colors online extremely quickly using cards like Farseek. I would immediately ditch Pillar of Origins, Fellwar Stone, and Worn Powerstone, but I would strongly recommend getting rid of all mana artifacts in the deck in favor of ramp spells. Remember, you just need to get to 8 mana for Ghalta. You'd be surprised how quickly you can do that when you're playing green.
3) Mana Dorks --- Drover of the Mighty is an auto-include for obvious reasons, so I'm glad to see it in this list. I also like Kinjalli's Caller more than most people do, so I'm glad to see that as well. I also know that you are trying to limit the number of non-dinosaur creatures in your deck. For that reason, I'd recommend just a few more non-dino dorks such as Otepec Huntmaster, Birds of Paradise, and Voyaging Satyr. Remember, if any of your lands is producing more than 1 mana through land enchantments such as Utopia Sprawl, you can have Voyaging Satyr untap it for incredible amounts of value.
4) Utility Spells --- One of the best pieces of advice anyone has ever given me in terms of deck building is to avoid any and all cards that don't directly contribute toward getting your win condition online. For this reason, I would ditch the majority of your utility spells. This includes instants, sorceries, enchantments, and even planeswalkers.
Cards that trade 1:1 with an opponent such as Disenchant work in 1v1 matches, but this is EDH. I'd take out anything that destroys a target enchantment or artifact in favor of mass artifact removal such as Serenity or Fracturing Gust. Just remember not to wipe your own creatures off the board with creature wipes. I would recommend throwing in a very small number of targeted removal like Path to Exile and Naturalize just to take out a key threat on an opponent's board, but your main creature removal should come from combat or the "fight" mechanic.
Speaking of, take out Hunt the Weak entirely. Prey Upon does the same thing (kills a creature and triggers enrage), but it costs 3 less. Pounce Might even make sense since it has instant speed, making it effectively a removal spell that triggers enrage. Just be careful not to kill your own creatures - damage dealt in "fight" doesn't wear off before combat.
5) Land --- With your lands you really want to be both ramping and fixing. For this reason, the guildgate cycle is way too slow, as is Stone Quarry. EDH gives you access to some pretty ridiculous lands, so I'd spend a lot of time looking at those. Personally I'd strongly recommend the Ravnica bouncelands if you have a way to play multiple lands in a turn, or otherwise shocklands. I wouldn't recommend fetchlands (unpopular opinion) because this deck doesn't need to worry too much about mana fixing (you get it all from your creatures and, ideally, the rest of your land base), but for that exact reason I might go with a painland or two. After all, at a certain point you may not need the colored mana, so it's usually worth it just to have a couple. You're running tricolor, though, so ultimately you'll want a lot of basics. Aim for about 35 lands total, since you should have ways to search for lands so you don't need the full 40.
6) Anthems --- I wouldn't worry too much about Anthem effects or Lords. You really want to be flooding the board with creatures, not buffing the ones you already have (though that's always nice as an aside). Cards like Strength of the Pack are usually just too slow and don't do very much for you.
That's all I could pick out at a glance. Hope this helps!