Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may mill two cards. (To mill a card, put the top card of your library into your graveyard.)
Whenever one or more land cards are put into your graveyard from anywhere for the first time each turn, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
1 week ago
I like the cards you have here! Great stuff so far. I have several questions and suggestions:
- I know these are the cards you have on hand, but is money a factor so far as buying additional cards? If not, I would highly recommend a Tendershoot Dryad. It will pair well with your Sporecrown Thallid, Verdeloth the Ancient, Nemata, Grove Guardian and Verdant Force. These cards are a pretty solid core for the deck. Now start looking for ways to tutor them. Worldly Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Grim Tutor..... we are in fantastic colors for tutoring the cards you need.
- After building the core of your deck and what you want it to do, I like to add support and utility cards. I love Viconia, Drow Apostle, Shadowheart, Dark Justiciar, Rankle, Master of Pranks, and Loyal Guardian for this purpose! Might I recommend a Thunderfoot Baloth to pair with your Guardian?
- Cut your land count down to 37 - 40, then playtest and see how it feels
- Play to your commander's strength. I am working on a budget version (less than $80) of The Mycotyrant myself, and will be playing Cemetery Tampering, Crawling Infestation, and Crawling Sensation. One of the things I try to do is build a deck that functions well without the commander on the board so I am not completely hosed when they are removed. I like all 3 of these enchantments because I am not in danger of decking myself, and if the commander is not on the field I do not have to mill. I talk about milling, because it plays to The Mycotyrant's strength as a commander. We will see if I still want all 3 enchantments in the deck after I build it and see it in action, hopefully soon.
- If you decide to lean into milling yourself and sacrificing creatures like I have for my deck, I would recommend stepping away from non-creature spells and do your removal in creature form. I currently only have a total of 7 sorceries and instants in my deck, so as I mill myself I am more guaranteed to hit permanent cards. Remember that The Mycotyrant cares about permanent cards in your graveyard, so sacrificing your tokens will not contribute to its descend mechanic.
- To follow along the vein of previous suggestion, invest in some free sac outlets: Greater Good, Altar of Dementia (target yourself to capitalize on commander ability at your end step)
I think that's all I have for the moment...... let me know if you have any questions! Here is my work in progress Budget Mycotyrant
9 months ago
I recommend Krav, the Unredeemed as a way to draw cards without dumping a bunch of mana into it. Also gains you life. Only downside is it's not a Fungus.
Liliana, Dreadhorde General is great in this deck for many obvious reasons.
And hey, since there's so much sacrifice going on, why not Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest?
Now, your graveyard. Seems to me you need more steady ways to toss Fungus in there. How about Cemetery Tampering, Crawling Infestation, Crawling Sensation, Crop Sigil, Uurg, Spawn of Turg, Deathbonnet Sprout Flip, Nyx Weaver, Old Rutstein, Out of the Tombs, Splinterfright, and Throne of Death Flip.
Deadbridge Chant isn't steady, but it's great explosive mill.
1 year ago
Grisly Salvage is better than the first card, but Crawling Sensation is doing something entirely different, so it depends what effect you’re after. Your deck already feels really cluttered so i’d suggest against throwing more complexity into it - if anything it needs to be simplified (play more playsets of what matters and get rud if what doesn’t)
1 year ago
wallisface i was thinking about this problem and i was waiting for soul of windgrace. Do you think Grapple with the Past is better than Crawling Sensation? For me the second one is slower but has more value. I'm a bit confused:)
2 years ago
Absolutely in love with this deck. I've been scheming selesnya landfall to myself the past couple of months and just couldn't land on (hah pun unintended) on a solution I felt comfortable with. Crawling Sensation is a fantastic add.
2 years ago
Your topdecking/self-mill(ish) strategy is probably the right move, but just from an outside perspective it seems like Elvish Reclaimer would be useful here.
Other possibilities as I see it:
And then some cycling lands.
Sorry, don't know if any of this is at all helpful. Just liked the idea a lot and my mind went into build mode.
3 years ago
I think that you could include these or other self-mill type spells, and possibly just cut some forests for them.
3 years ago