Through the Breach
Instant — Arcane
You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice that creature at the beginning of the next end step.
Splice onto Arcane (As you cast an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
|Have (2)||, NineNotesKnives|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||None|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Through the Breach occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Through the Breach Discussion
3 weeks ago
Here are my thoughts.
You need more lands. 20 lands aren't enough to cast your higher costing spells as smoothly as you need to. I am going to suggest adding some fetchlands or Fabled Passage to help you hit your land drops and be extra fodder for your Grim Lavamancers.
Speaking of the grim's, I do like the interaction between them and the Eternal Scourge. However, I don't think you need 4 of them. The reasoning behind this lies in the fact that you have to not only get the scourge and the lavamancer on the battlefield but the lavamancer has to stick around as well. That's gonna be a pretty hard thing to do with no ways to protect your creatures. My suggestion is dropping it down to 2-3 copies. A 3/3 for 3 isn't very impressive on the battlefield.
This is gonna tie into points 1 and 2 a bit, especially since you mentioned it. I don't think you want Demigod of Revenge in this deck. My reasoning is not only that you need 5 mana, which will not be reached easily with the current land count, but you will also need to draw extras and have them in the graveyard to have any of the awesomeness that can happen. Without any way to search up creatures it won't happen anywhere near often as you probably hope it will. I think they would be better spots for lands. If you are still wanting to have a large flyer in that slot, then I will nominate something like Glorybringer or Stormbreath Dragon.
Eidolon of the Great Revel? Do you have a lot of small creature decks in your meta? This looks like it would deal a lot of damage to you as well.
In the sideboard you have Pyretic Ritual. This could probably go to the main deck if you didn't want to include more lands. Having 3 seems like it would show up often enough to ramp out your planeswalkers, which can handle the higher mana needs from there. I will suggest swapping them for Desperate Ritual though. Same card essentially, but gives you the option of splicing Through the Breach on. Not only that, but you could up the count on your other sb cards if needed this way.
Through the Breach and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. I think it's gonna be hard to pull off, but if you are wanting to have a suprise emrakul, then I will suggest Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast. His +loyalty works well with your solid creature count and his -2 could put an emrakul on the field for you if you stopped your creatures at 3 cmc. Granted there is a chance of hitting either demigod (which I would drop for this) or the hazoret. Even if you hit hazoret, you could activate lukka again and guarantee emrakul that way.
Anyhow long post ending, I hope you don't think I'm trying to put your deck down or anything like that. I'm just trying to offer ideas to help you enjoy your deck and be more successful.
1 month ago
-So scooping to bloodmoon sucks BUT There is one deck that runs it, which is blue moon. It uses Through the Breach and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Its only two colors so running basics doesnt hurt it as much as a three color deck. Also keep in mind that bloodmoon doesnt shut you off. You only lose 3 spells, and still have a board presence so they should board it out in the next game(s). They spend turn 3 casting a card with no clock, while you have dudes to play. Plus Smokebraider gets around bloodmoon. Dont worry about it.
- Risen Reef is a powerful card, but the lands come in tapped anyways. You can find risen reef super easy with your set up, but finding amulet is harder. Being you need this for your set up your going to want ways to find it such as Ancient Stirrings (lands are colorless btw).
- i havent played your deck much but it looks like your main clock is Devastating Summons plus maybe so 1/1 or 1/2. Spells like Electrolyze seem really good against you. Cryptic Command seems really good on your tokens.
- To mean it looks like you lose to burn, control, dredge, probably jund, humans, and eldrazi tron.
- Id recommend switching to the companion to the one i recommneded being you can cast it more often, and it lets you bring back dead cards.
- As a burn player Eidolon of the Great Revel is AMAZING. It is for me at least 2 mana win the game in certain match ups (like storm).
- Ive played against it and it deals damage, so much damage. I can beat it as burn but that wasnt to say the matches werent close. I went 2-1 against them. I beleive they went jund. Green was basically for Playing collected company.
- remeber shock lands zap your life total so dont run two many. Its a very common mistake when crafting a deck. - SB cards are interesting in games. you could run 1 mana counters such as spell pierce. Its amazing when they collected brutality for all the options and then you counter their spell. Anger of the gods is great usually but your deck doesnt want to see it so dont inculde sweapers. Tormod's Crypt for decks like dredge. Abrade Skullcrack Cindervines is another great card. It beats combo players, and holds for removal. Dismember is a good card but you need to consider if you can risk losing 5 life AND what would you need to remove that has more than 3 toughness?
2 months ago
Correct, you still have to pay the mana cost while using Mystic Forge. You only get to skip the mana cost if the effect specifically says you cast the spell "without paying its mana cost".
Cards that let you easily avoid paying large mana costs are purposefully few and far between, as the mana system is a core part of what makes the game work properly. Some classic examples include Sneak Attack, Through the Breach, Reanimate, Goryo's Vengeance, Show and Tell, Mind's Desire, etc. One of the "Deck Help" forums would be a better place to go to ask for card suggestions.
4 months ago
Only those cards are really necessary:
- 4x Insolent Neonate
- 4x Lightning Axe
- 4x Goryo's Vengeance
- 4x Through the Breach
- 4x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
- 4x Temple of Malice
- 4x Swamp
- 4x Mountain
Liliana is here because I had myself buy me a Christmas gift. It's not so necessary. Also, the fetches are also not so necessary. I started with
P.S. RIP Mox Opal :-(
Good luck with the deck. It's a lot of fun.
This deck had also (in the beginning) only one Emrakul, had Ilharg until I've learned that it doesnt trigger Annihilator on Emrakul put by Ilharg, it had Griselbrand but I've learned it's a totally different deck and not a wincon here. It had Nicol Bolas.
4 months ago
Well, it combos, and its removal.
When we got 3 mana:
When we got 2 mana:
The main deal in this deck is to put emrakul with haste and attack to trigger annihilator 6 and 15 damage flying monster at opponent yes? And the simplest way to win is to have Emrakul + Discard + Goryo
4 months ago
I almost forgot one thing you could use to cheat out the Eldrazi, even though I'm rather positive it won't interest you.
There are cards that can instantly put creatures from your hand into play. I'll just list them instead of going one by one as they're almost the same thing, the only difference between each are their mana costs, colors and/or if they make you sacrifice the creature at the end of the turn.
4 months ago
Aside from the above mentioned entomb not being legal I think it would be wise to have a couple extra ways to (re)animate. Trimming a copy of fury might be reasonable as well since you might not have enough red cards to pitch to it often enough. My thoughts: +2 Through the Breach +3 lands -4 Entomb -1 Fury of the Horde
4 months ago
Another option on the chance you draw the 1 copy of emrakul could be a 1 or 2 of Through the Breach . Its not only on color but gives you a way to get it into play with haste nonetheless if your indomitables get exiled.