4, T: Target opponent loses 2 life, gets a poison counter, then puts the top six cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Decimator Web Discussion
2 months ago
Caress of Phyrexia and Decimator Web might be nice ways to finish off an opponent who has stabilized at 7-8 infect counters. Caress of Phyrexia can also be used to draw yourself cards in a pinch. For more controlly options, have you considered Fuel for the Cause? Since you are in blue, I would try to run at least 2-3 counter spells in order to stop combo decks or save yourself from that Craterhoof Behemoth your opponent is casting! Pact of Negation and Force of Will are both AMAZING counterspells, although they aren't budget-friendly. Melira, Sylvok Outcast could be another creature to add, since she works incredibly well with both Phyrexian Hydra and Black Sun's Zenith! Lastly, I would try to run some sac-outlets and graveyard hate to round out your deck. Maybe think about including Ashnod's Altar and Deathrite Shaman respectively! Hopefully, I was able to help! Long live infect!
3 months ago
Saw the update, i'll make a few more comments. As you request I won't hold back and put out everything that comes to mind. Do know though that I think it's a decent start, especially if you are making this with what cards you already have. I'll point out all the POTENTIAL shortcomings, these might not always be relevant or something easy to fix. I am not tying to be harsh, again good job.
Deck strikes me as having the possibility of being inconsistent as most of the cards are either 1 ofs or 2 ofs. The more of any given card you have, the more likely you are to draw that card. Having one ugin means you won't see it that often. It's also important to have multiple copies of manadorks as you want to have them in play as soon as possible.
Decimator Web: cool card, but way too slow unless you want to build around it.
20 land strikes me as a bit low. Generally speaking in a 20 land deck you would have significantly more mana accelerants than you have currently or have your highest spell cost 4ish mana. I'd add some more lands
Lost Legacy is more of a sideboard card. Even then you have better options to deal with 1 particular card.
From Under the Floorboards without ways to madness it, this is questionable
Without instans or flash cards Seedborn Muse loses value
Mire Boa you already have enough cheap blockers this can be cut.
Kavu Predator without your opponents gaining life this is ok but not great.
I think you need some card draw to round this deck out
5 months ago
Addressing specific things now... I'm focusing on things to think about cutting to make room for lands.
Listing some observations, if I overlooked something this will make it obvious.
- Tutors (besides land tutors): Diabolic Tutor
- Mana Rocks: Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Alloy Myr, Plague Myr*, Manalith, Sol Ring, Pristine Talisman
- Infect/Poison: Plague Myr, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web
- Boardwipes: End Hostilities, In Garruk's Wake
*Missed this guy when I made my first post, drat. That's why I did this summation, in case I missed something else.
You have some things that look like they are intended to work together, with limited support to find the pieces (I only saw one tutor). You need to think about if you're serious about keeping all of these. I think they are okay on their own, just not incredible.
- + + : This is a fun set and I'd keep it if it's something you like, but you don't have enough tutors to make it likely you'll ever assemble it. If you're fine with that, great. The individual pieces are not incredible apart but not the worst.
- + : This is a really common combo in mono-black, but again you'll have to luck into it. If you're serious about using it to win you need more tutors. If you just like the cards I don't blame you for running them though.
- Infect stuff besides Skittles; Plague Myr, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web: These aren't likely to kill anyone with poison by themselves. Plague and Priests have little chance of connecting against a strong opponent (you don't have much evasion support since you're not aggro); Decimator will take forever and tons of mana to do it, Priests will probably hardly do anything interesting. There are much stronger alternatives. Skittles is pretty great on his own and can work excellent on offense or defense, so I'd keep him for now.
Now for some less good stuff, specific cards:
- Manalith is the most boring mana rock possible. There are tons of 3-drop mana rocks that are better than Manalith. You want either cheaper than 3 mana, or you want it do more than Manalith does at 3. Off the top of my head, cheapish examples: Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Orzhov Cluestone, Orzhov Signet, Mind Stone
- Transgress the Mind and similar single target discard effects are hard to use in multiplayer (though this is one of the better ones if you really like them). It is difficult to know ahead of time which players have hands worth casting these on, and entirely possible you won't do much damage with them. Discard and mill effects also draw tons of aggro from less experienced players. Consider also discard runs in opposition to how your commander works (they can't play spells they're discarding after all) unless you're specifically going after creatures with the discard effects.
- Mind Sludge is similar, only targets one player. If they have a huuuge hand it can do a lot of damage maybe, but then they're probably a blue player late in the game, which means they have Counterspell or something. If they aren't a blue player, they've probably got graveyard shenanigans going on, so this won't hurt them. Syphon Mind is awesome though (mostly for the card draw and maybe priming other players' graveyards for Rise from the Grave etc).
- Reassembling Skeleton is great but he's not really doing his job here. He's a reusable guy to sacrifice! If you just want him as a defender, look up Brood of Cockroaches or Endless Cockroaches who are better at that.
- Unholy Hunger is terrible. You'd be better served by Murder. It's way too expensive for what it does. Actually I'd look for something that is either more thorough or more flexible, like Utter End or Sever the Bloodline.
- Elixir of Immortality never does its intended job in most decks. Unless you honestly think you're going to have a game last so long that you play through your entire deck, don't bother. If you have some group hug deck throwing your deck into your hand, you're going to play one of your combos and win, not fiddle with this. If you're worried about getting milled, chances are it'll end up in your graveyard, not your hand, anyway.
Things to look up!
- Exsanguinate is a popular Orzhov finisher that scales up to the game state. Even if you can't finish everyone off with it, its extremely efficient at funnelling everyone else's resources into you.
- Anything with extort works, I like Blind Obedience in particular. All of your later plays suck players dry slowly.
- Phyrexian Reclamation is cheap, uses your obscene life tank as a fuel, and makes it hard to get rid of your creatures.
That's all I can think of. I hope it is of some use. I don't expect you to cut all of it I just want you thinking. My Orzhov deck is Ayli, Eternal Cleric EDH but it needs some updating on tappedout, if you wanted to see where I got the experience.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Sorry, I keep thinking of other cards lol. One of the combos I use in my Ghave deck is Vigor/Spike Weaver. Plus Vigor is just ridiculous in general in counter decks. This is kinda slow, but Decimator Web and Contagion Engine just for the luls.
6 months ago
Inkmoth Nexus you want for sure, as for the other infect dudes if this is 1v1 its fine. If however it is multiplayer you are going to have issues when you are facing much stronger creatures. Personally I would only keep Ichor Rats, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Blighted Agent, and Putrefax. The profilerate dudes are fine for the most part, only would really keep Viral Drake if you have some infinite mana combo for it.
Crystalline Crawler is kinda bad in comparison to just a Pentad Prism that fills the same role and does a faster job of getting there. Decimator Web is bad news for you because milling out a opponent will lead to reanimation no doubt forwarding their goal. Your contagion clasp does the exact same thing you are after in regards to poison counters and more.
Deadeye Navigator would be a good boon for you because with ichor rats you can keep blinking it out until both you and the opponent are at 9 poison counters then end the turn with atraxa profilerating for the win. Same thing with Kaya, Ghost Assassin although a bit slower blinking ichor rats in and out it does come with some nice disruption and a really cool trick with one of your dudes. If you attack with Putrefax and then blink him out with kaya he will only come back until your next upkeep meaning you don't have to sacrifice him at the end of the turn.
Mother of Runes can end up making a creature of yours unblockable or have shroud when dealing with removal.
Finally you don't need 39 lands for a majority of edh decks especially for yours; you have enough mana rocks and dorks and in addition to that you have a very low mana curve with no mana sink aside from Viral Drake. you can comfortably go down to 34 and have no issues with mana.
6 months ago
I wrote a comment but clicked the wrong button. So short version now:First: Your Commanders ability to get the activated abilities of other creatures doesnt really fit into your deck.Second: Infect produces aggro, and you have a lot of it. Your deck makes it very clear, even if you dont play an infect creature, that you want to poison others. Examples: Corrupted Conscience, Trigon of Infestation, Decimator Web and Mycosynth Fiend. When they see you want to poison them they will set aside their quarrels and take you down firstThird: Sol Ring