|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Aegis of Honor
(1): The next time an instant or sorcery spell would deal damage to you this turn, that spell deals that damage to its controller instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Aegis of Honor Discussion
11 months ago
Here are some enchantments I thought of.
Aegis of Honor Authority of the Consuls Blind Obedience Bloodchief Ascension Commander's Authority Counterbalance Declaration of Naught -name their commander Endless Ranks of the Dead Followed Footsteps Hatching Plans Necromancer's Covenant Phyrexian Reclamation Skywise Teachings Soothsaying Telepathy Thassa's Ire Training Grounds if you are using abilities Illusionist's Bracers for your Commander's ability
1 year ago
There are a few other enchantments that are solid. If your willing to splash some white/green duals Sterling Grove is solid for enchantment protection. Aegis of Honor will stop bullshit direct damage spells.Spiritual Asylum will protect your creatures and lands.Kismet and Blind Obedience are nice for making things enter tapped and your detain can keep them tapped.Karmic Justice is nice for punishing spells that do get through and get rid of things you need.Nevermore is good for stopping things from killing Gideon flat out like Hero's Downfall and Vampire Hexmage and lastly Privileged Position would be great to protect everything you have period. as for creature tokens there are only a handful that reliably give tokens like Phelddagrif and the land you have and Varchild's War-Riders unless you use things to bounce a creatures in and out of play to make use of cards like Hunted Phantasm and other Hunted cards.
2 years ago
I would recommend that you cut down the variety of enchantments in the deck to 6-7 (since you have it built with 21).
This will make the deck more consistent and it will achieve your main goals/strategies faster because you won't be waiting to draw that one card that you need.
Sacred Ground It doesn't help you much.
Aegis of Honor this should be sideboard x4 for if you run into a burn deck, not mainboard.
Humility Again, shoots your own creatures in the foot. Since you clearly need protection from creatures this brings me to:
Sphere of Safety protection from attacking and stacks nicely
Oblivion Ring to deal with large threats
2 years ago
I would cut:
- Aegis Angel - 6 cmc for indestructible is to much i think, and when it comes with Kaalia any opponent can easily remove it.
- Aegis of the Gods
- Angel of Despair - you can replace it with Ashen Rider without a doubt, this guy is insane, especially with sacrifice and reanimation spells, with Sneak Attack it is "exile two target permanents" and pay one red mana.
- Angelic Field Marshal - anything could replace it
- Angelic Skirmisher - slow, situational
- Aurelia, the Warleader, Hellkite Charger, Herald of War- you should know that when Aurelia hits the table with Kaalias ability she does nothing. Cuz she wasn't assigned to attack.
- Blinding Angel
- Demon of Wailing Agonies
- Firemane Avenger
- Orator of Ojutai
- Slumbering Dragon
- Tyrant's Familiar
- Lightning Bolt, Lightning Helix, Needle Drop- it seems that you use this spells as a finishers after atacking with Master, cuz I dont see any other profit from them, even if it is so, i think that it is to situational, it is very weak spells in this format.
- Scout's Warning
- To Arms!
- Aegis of Honor