Creature — Human Cleric
(Black), Pay 1 life: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blood Celebrant occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Blood Celebrant Discussion
1 week ago
You might like these: Blood Celebrant , Font of Agonies , Necrologia , Deepwood Ghoul , Lurking Evil , Mischievous Poltergeist , Soul Channeling , Unspeakable Symbol , Wall of Blood , Souldrinker , Vampiric Link , Banehound , Vampire of the Dire Moon , Vampire Cutthroat , Vault Skirge , Cauldron of Souls
4 months ago
Also I do not understand the synergy of Blood Celebrant. Would you mind to explain?
4 months ago
Optimator: Hello there! Always gotta love Vilis decks, especially as detailed as this one :D A lot of cards in Maybeboard would fit the deck really well (I just have no idea why you got some cards two or three times there), but I would try to minimalize the maybeboard as much as possible, to not look the deck so chaotic.
I run Vilis in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck.. he doesnt really fit the theme/idea of the deck so well, but Vilis is just too badass to cut out :D (anyway, any feedback/suggestions would be welcomed aswell <3 )
Some cards in deck I would cut, why, and their replacement:
1) Falkenrath Noble - might be a nice card in an aristocrat deck, there isnt really any way to generate->sac big amount of your creatures to abuse Falkenrath Noble as much as possible, also costs . If you want an aristocrat, Bastion of Remembrance could be a possible option aswell. Its cheaper, gives you a 1/1 token and has the same effect as F.Noble. Sure, can't attack or block, but Bastion is also harder to remove since its an Enchantment.
2) Leaden Myr - as you already mentioned, a possible cut for some other mana-rock.. I would switch it for Malakir Rebirth Flip as an another kind of "protection" to either Vilis or another important creature at the moment. With Vilis on board, it even draws you two cards (destroy protection, draw two cards, triggering aristocrat-like effects at instant speed for only ? YES PLEASE! ). In worse case scenario, its also additional land drop. Another possible replacement could be Blood Celebrant, which synergies well with both Vilis and K'riik.
3) Liliana's Contract - would probably fit better in some Demon tribal deck or Conspiracy deck. You also have only six Demons in your deck, all of them with fairly high mana cost. As a better card-draw, I would add either Greed, since it draws you 3 cards with Vilis on board, maybe even Skullclamp that would draw you two cards every turn with Ophiomancer, but Greed would be most likey better option, since there isnt really any other way to generate a lot of tokens every turn.
4) Crux of Fate - no Dragons in your deck, not even so many of them in black in general, so outside of politic reason, other 5CMC or less boardwipes would be better. I personally love Life's Finale, its more expensive than Crux of Fate, but enables you to look and search in target opponent's deck and put up to 3 creatures from their deck into theri graveyard, which would synergize with Chainer, Dementia Master, Geth, Lord of the Vault and some other.
5) Ruinous Path - sorcery speed removal is kinda meh, so something like Hero's Downfall is just better. I personally like Eat to Extinction, even if its more expensive, it helps with top-deck managment (+exiles targeted creature/pw).
6) Cut few swamps for:
6a) Cabal Stronghold - Stronghold is cheap, can tap itself for and can give you plenty of later on.
6b) Emergence Zone - I personally love this utility land, just because it gives you spells Flash whenever you sac it. It doesnt ETB tapped and can help you casting some stuff when you sac it.
7) Chaos Wand - might be a fun card, but doesnt really fit the deck at all. I would cut it for Bontu's Monument to make a lot of your big black stuff cheaper and another small source of life-gain.
8) Big mana-rocks: Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo - I used to run those too, but slowly started replacing them with cheaper mana rocks like Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. Hedron Archive is okay-ish since it can draw you two cards when you no longer need it, but with Vilis and especially mono-black, there can always be enough card draw.
9) Spellbook - would be fine, if you didnt manage to get your Reliquary Tower or Venser's Journal on board, but otherwise its just a dead card that does nothing to you anymore. I would rather replace it with Ivory Tower to get some life back.
10) Curtains' Call - I would replace this one for one of the following:
10a) Devour in Shadow/Vendetta - cheap removal that can potentionaly draws you X cards aswell.
10b) Dismember - depending on how big the creature is, but since you could cast it for only one and draw 4 cards aswell, its decent choice aswell.
10c) Snuff Out - free removal in 99.999% time, which can draws you 4 cards aswell, but not for black creatures, which, depending on your opponent's deck, might be important. Still most likely a better option.
10d) Tragic Slip - goes through indestructible, but requires a creature to die to be maximum effective, which might be sometimes a problem. Still, really good one.
10e) Malicious Affliction - another cheap removal, which is also locked to non-black creatures, but is able to destroy two creatures if a creature died already, so similar issue like Tragic Slip.
10f) Profane Command - I just totally love this card. Its not instant, but can be really flexible in various situations, so I would probably go for this as a replacement.
10g) Erebos's Intervention - similar to Profane Command, it flexile aswell, providing you to remove some indestructible creature and get some life; or serves as a fairly decent graveyard hate at instant speed.
I won't go through cards in maybeboard, even though there is plenty of really nice cards that would work so well in Vilis's deck, like Bolas's Citadel, Doom Whisperer, Font of Agonies and Phyrexian Reclamation and many more, it would just be a little too much, I would say... :D
I hope some of my suggestions will help, gonna upvote this for sure, just because it looks really nice, especially with so many possible cards that could easily fit so well :)
6 months ago
Im playing around with some ideas, and I wasn't using k'rrik anywhere else at the moment. At the very least, it reduces the man I need to use for Tazri. I have some other cards in mind as well (like Blood Celebrant) that I was going to add if k'rrik ended up being something I want to keep around, which I think I do even if it isn't one of the creature types I want. Training Grounds was considered, but until I get my only copy out of another deck, I wasn't planning on adding it to the list.
I really do need to add more stuff for Zur the Enchanter. He's primarily there to get those few enchantments.
The other 2 I really don't care for. Zirda, the Dawnwaker is on the list because it effects more that just creatures.
The deck list is still in its early phase and I'm taking my time with changes. I know its a rough, un-tuned mess.
6 months ago
So how do you win T1 again? You need for Repay in Kind and for Gray Merchant of Asphodel... You play Mana Crypt taps it for Sol Ring. Play a Swamp and tap it for Blood Celebrant. Then what? You have floating and can tap sol ring for another giving you a total of . Or did I miss something?
8 months ago
I'm curious about the Blood Celebrant, is there a reason for the choice?
1 year ago
not much synergy for a K-rik deck may i suggest you look at mine for some inspiration Black...life matters!. At the very least you MUST run Blood Celebrant as it allows you to pay life for all of your mana costs and not just the black.
1 year ago
Looks good! You might like these: Dross Scorpion, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Lifeline, Nim Deathmantle, Black Market, Pitiless Plunderer, Carnival of Souls, Urza's Incubator, Jet Medallion, Honor-Worn Shaku, Blood Celebrant (for use with Krrik), Mirrorpool, Archfiend of Despair, Wound Reflection, Necropotence, Minion Reflector