Each player discards a card. Then each player who didn't discard a creature card this way loses 4 life.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Strongarm Tactics Discussion
2 months ago
Would recommand removing 3 to 7 basic lands and I suggest these budget cards: Capital Punishment Creeping Dread Strongarm Tactics Khorvath's Fury Rackling Wheel of Torture Outpost Siege Oracle's Vault War's Toll Call to the Netherworld ... Sire Of Insanity if you feel evil.
1 year ago
Looks like fun. Just wanted to put my comments in a place you can find them easier.
Not a fan of Ill-Gotten Gains , it allows your opponents to get back the good cards you forced them to discard earlier in the game.
Adds? Necrotic Ooze , because activated abilities happen Angrath, the Flame-Chained , Burglar Rat , and Arterial Flow make your opponents' discards happen Sire Of Insanity and Mindslicer are pretty mean, but at least everyone is stuck in topdeck mode. If you want to be "fair" you could play Awaken the Erstwhile so at least people get some creatures when they discard.
Malfegor , enables your discard and kills stuff.
1 year ago
@Darkshadow327 he wants to play discard reanimation, which is why he's choosing Scarab God, honestly it's a deck I've thought about playing.
Also I agree heavily with with the Painful Quandary , Vedalken Orrery (You're too black to play Leyline, lol), Windfall , and Oversold Cemetery ; especially the Quandary it puts your opponents in a lose lose situation.
I'm not a fan of Awaken the Erstwhile.
I also think that you could really use an Ashnod's Altar for some of those X spells to get a a better pay off.
I took at look at my Thought Scour Nath! (love for you guys to take a look at this) deck for some additional adds... here's what I got.
- Archfiend of Ifnir : It's so good...
- Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat : since sacing things is up your alley I really think these should be includes.
- Sadistic Hypnotist : speaking of sac outlets... why not sac to force discard?
- Sangromancer : the passive life gains are really just too good.
- Quest for the Nihil Stone : this is really meta dependent I think, if you know you can keep them locked down to little to no hand it's a really good card, that's easily turned on.
- Memory Jar : I don't think this needs an explanation
- Geth's Grimoire : for those moments you want to wheel and draw 20 cards...
- Strongarm Tactics : Just a solid discard spell that I'm a huge fan of.
2 years ago
Strongarm Tactics is a personal favorite for me in decks like this. Coupled with Dread Return and some cheap fodder, you can get some amazingly powerful creatures out early and cheap, while hurting your opponents.