Creature — Thrull
Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay . If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)
Whenever Treasury Thrull attacks, you may return target artifact, creature, or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Spinalripper , maiden77 , PTsmitty , casey , zachi , k4rm4k4z3 , CampbellStev , NoisyPotato , the.beanpole , StevenPJobs , LoneCrusader399 , jwe94 , gildan_bladeborn , Galdelonian , Hematemesis , hcma , IcyLightning , Gem_Raider , Feleder|
Treasury Thrull Discussion
1 month ago
Lost Auramancers was also a little bit underwhelming because it'd always get removed before it could get an enchantment but i can see its possible potential but i'm skeptical. you basically cant even attack with it because it'd get blocked and die.
I'd remove Treasury Thrull maybe because it seems kinda slow but if you test more and find that it's good then keep it by all means. I just think it'd get removed or blocked by something and die, in which case an Obzedat's Aid, Skullwinder or Eternal Witness may be better.
Siege Rhino is cool but it was a little underwhelming. I'd almost never summon it again from the grave because there are just so many better targets. I'd try to replace it with something that synergizes with the deck better. if you're using it for the lifegain, then you're prob better off using something like Whip of Erebos anyway
Phyrexian Plaguelord is neat, but a bit clunky at times. It cant sacrifice itsefl the turn its summoned because of summoning sickness but i do see its value as another sacrifice outlet as well as being able to kill indestructible creatures. I'd switch it with something like a Shadowborn Demon or something though unless you're planning on adding more token generation to make use of its second ability.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks for the vote and suggestions on my build.
A couple suggestions...
A fun to win without having the Exquisite Blood/Sanguine Bond combo is Vizkopa Guildmage. If you have excess mana, activating both abilities at once is great since you grow Karlov and drain you opponent for that much life (double if there's no block).
2 months ago
frist are you certain you want ayli as your commander, for a reanimator style i find her better in the 99. especially in a Karador, Ghost Chieftan or Alesha, Who Smiles at Death build. otherwise here are (not) a few suggetsions.first by life gain.Archangel of Thune- things get big fast.Obzedat, Ghost Council-great pingers that are hard to kill at sorcery speed.Ghost Council of Orzhova-their back from outer space, sacking your creatures to be even harder to kill.Karlov of the Ghost Council-gets big fast and exiles stuff.Whip of Erebos-whipping is fun, in fact quite tricky with obzedat, but the lifelink is the real star.Soul's Attendant Soul Warden-the soul sisters here to gain quite a bit of life.Suture Priest-a soul..sister?..that punishes your opponent for playing creatures.Pious Evangel Flip-a soulbrother that becomes a blood brother.Zulaport Cutthroat-a blood brother .Auriok Champion-yet another soul sister that can be quite the punisher.Felidar Sovereign-instant win-con.Pontiff of Blight-extort rocks.Defiant Bloodlord-sanguine bond on a stick.Exquisite Blood-can become infinite with sanguine bond or the bloodlordnow for some reanimation.Reya Dawnbringer-half a sheoldred is nice.Obzedat's Aid-reanimate anything.Treasury Thrull-ok so its to your hand, but it is still good.Dread Return-the classic.Ever After also a good one that gets you 2.Animate Dead cheap reanimation. always good.Scourge of Nel Toth doesn't reanimate others but is still a big creature for 2 mana.Champion of Stray Souls when it's time to win, trade your soul sister for an iona good targets?.Angel of Despair Vindicate on a stick.Iona, Shield of Emeria is she banned? she should be banned.Scuttling Doom Engine i laugh whenever i play this card.Grave Titan you have the sun titan, so why not get zombies to sac?.Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts this chic has serious no touchy probs.Luminate Primordial never enough exile.Lord of the Void overshadowed now by newlamog but a free Worldspine Wurm from that mayael deck is always funny.Harvester of Souls hand refueled.Archfiend of Depravity no token decks!.Sidisi, Undead Vizier a great tutor imo.Butcher of Malakiryes, yes it makes all your creatures Fleshbag Marauderother fun cards?.Cauldron of Souls can make you go infinite with mikaeus.Teysa, Orzhov Scion IT'S AYLI'S SISTER.Pack Rat gets your fatties in the yard and builds an army of rats that can get huge.Grim Haruspex need more cards?.Su-Chi and Cathodion i like ramp. you should too
2 months ago
A couple suggestions: You've got a pretty high average CMC. I would recommend cutting out a few of your six and seven drops. I'd say Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter and maybe Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts could go. Then Treasury Thrull and probably Kothophed, Soul Hoarder and possibly True Conviction could also be pulled from here. Then if you wanted to keep cutting, Prognostic Sphinx and maybe also Sunscorch Regent and Dark Petition could go. Then if you STILL wanted to keep going, I would remove one of either Sunbond or Cradle of Vitality. After that, it doesn't really matter. Just try and keep in mind that you want your avg. CMC to be lower when you mod this deck. All of the cards that I mentioned should be replaced with lower costing ones.
The biggest problem is that a lot of your really expensive cards are creatures, which, you don't NEED to win in this deck, but a lot of them certainly help. So you might also consider adding a couple more lands or mana rocks to get more consistent land drops and mana acceleration.
Anyway, good luck building.
2 months ago
I don't know if I have enough auras to make her worth using, but I'll give her a try. Currently I'm working to improve the number of enchantments I have by removing cards like Celestial Ancient and Treasury Thrull that are too expensive to cast and don't contribute a lot to the deck. I could easily swap her in for one of those. Thank you!
2 months ago
There are a few angles to my suggestions:
- Add a little more reliability for Divine Intervention.
- Lower the overall curve of your deck to allow for smoother games.
- Make your mana better, because you don't have enough mana sources.
- Support a gradual draining sub-theme.
I'll suggest cards to cut that I think aren't that good or don't work well in the deck to make room.
- 2 Swamp - More land.
- Plains - Especially untapped land.
- Island - For the odd fetch.
- Austere Command - Three of the four modes are generally going to be great.
- Idyllic Tutor - Tutoring just what you need when you want to draw the game.
- Worn Powerstone - A ramp upgrade.
- Dimir Signet - Ramp and Fixing.
- Azorius Signet - And again.
- Orzhov Signet - The complete set.
- Grim Guardian - This will end up draining a decent amount.
- Leechridden Swamp - Pretty annoying for a low cost.
- Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath - The drain walker.
- Thrull Parasite - It's only one counter removal, but that can be enough. Besides, it Extorts too.
- Wound Reflection - A damage doubler for everyone but you.
- Treasury Thrull - Extort plus recursion.
- Phyrexian Arena - Fetchable card draw.
- Underworld Connections - And even more.
- Arcane Sanctum - Better than some five colour lands you have.
- Terramorphic Expanse - Slow fetching is fine.
- Esper Panorama - More basic fetching.
- Darksteel Ingot - Just a small replacement.
- Damping Field - It's only really good against one deck in our meta. Better to have something more versatile.
- Dictate of Erebos - You have too few creatures for this.
- Enchanted Evening - I see the full board wipe idea, but it's too dangerous and unreliable when you use so many enchantments.
- Equinox - You don't really have lands that scream, "Kill me," so this isn't needed.
- Force Bubble - This is likely to stop just one attack. Better to have a fog.
- Blood Reckoning - You have another effect like this, and I don't think you want two. And the other is fetchable, so this one gets cut.
- Kismet - This one is okay, but I want to shift that mana curve peak from 4 to 3.
- Marshal's Anthem - Just not enough creatures.
- Reverence - I think this is just going to be too narrow.
- Serenity - More likely to kill you than most opponents.
- Terra Eternal - Same reasoning as Equinox.
- Ur-Golem's Eye - Cutting for a more efficient option.
- Shadows of the Past - Just too few creatures.
- Aegis Angel - Not really going to protect anything important all that conveniently.
- Rupture Spire - Can do better.
- Transguild Promenade - So much better.
- Unknown Shores - Just replaced again.
- Hedonist's Trove - It's entertaining, but your deck isn't made to take advantage of it.
- Everglades - Trying to make your mana faster.
- Karoo - Here too.
- Chromatic Lantern - You only need to cast your commander with blue, so I replaced this one to save you a little cash.
- Chancellor of the Annex - It comes pretty late for this effect, and I needed one more cut.
3 months ago
So my intention is to use Orzhov, and gameplay mechanics wise I want to use life siphon, sacrifice, enchantments, and necro. The commander for this deck is Athreos, God of Passage, but overall the most important thing I want to build this from is a flavor standpoint. I want to mesh everything flavor wise to a cult theme, things like Altar's Reap, Pious Evangel Flip, Treasury Thrull (because enchantment necro), and creatures like clerics, zombies, spirits, angel (or demons), or just humans in general. This deck I want to build from the ground up, so any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I need to find every aspect including land to fit the theme. Thanks!