Creature — Goblin Knight
Other red creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Boartusk Liege Discussion
6 days ago
Oh and i Really Wanted to Play Ashenmoor Liege + Creakwood Liege + Wilt-Leaf Liege + Thistledown Liege + Glen Elendra Liege + Boartusk Liege + Balefire Liege + Deathbringer Liege + Murkfiend Liege + Mindwrack Liege all in one Deck :)
5 months ago
6 months ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
6 months ago
Perhaps Skarrg Goliath for commander damage win out of no where? Maybe even Ghor-Clan Rampager. I really do like the synergy Bloodrush brings to the table in this deck, getting around Ruric Thar's ability and all.
Recommending Primordial Sage because you can't get enough card draw. Also consider Hua Tuo, Honored Physician for pretty consistent recursion. Skullwinder is good too. Bloodmark Mentor helps keep RT alive in combat. Boartusk Liege and Instigator Gang Flip if you're looking for more anthems. Khenra Charioteer if you need more trample enablers.
7 months ago
Eternal Witness should get pulled of the maybeboard and slapped in.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary is the magic Pokedex. You'll love it top deck manipulation and card draw. (I see that you aren't running a single artifact. Does your meta hate on them that bad?)
Fires of Yavimaya is great for haste, and you could cut some of the heavier CMC haste enablers for it.
Your mana curve is kinda scary, people are going to be staring at your 2 CMC commander and nothing else for a minute, you might try looking for lower CMC substitutes for the cards you play for fun.
Here are a few other things I like, just bringing them to your attention for you to browse:
9 months ago
1 year ago
this looks tricky indeed! But challenging :) And surely in a casual environment.
So nothing else but creatures and lands.... hmmm
I had to give this some thought before I was able to get something 'valuable' down here.
The deck consists of 100 cards, which you want to get out of control in no time. This looks tricky, pretty tricky.... Hear my brains pop ;-)
I think a solid thought would be - knowing the lack of .... uhhh ....everything besides creatures - to add as much ramp&pamper as possible. So I would consider this:
1.) Ramp(ag)ing creatures
2.) Creatures pumping, so that even the rampers could go bonkers lategame...
If we want some level of consistency, I would at least use these numbers: 18+ ramp and 18+ boost
- Birds of Paradise
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Bloom Tender
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Sylvan Caryatid
- Voyaging Satyr
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways
- Lotus Cobra
- Somberwald Sage
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Stone-Seeder Hierophant
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- Quirion Elves
- Burnished Hart
- Beastcaller Savant
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Deathbringer Liege
- Balefire Liege
- Angel of Invention
- Kabira Vindicator
- Boartusk Liege
- Craterhoof Behemoth
- Angel of Jubilation
- Creakwood Liege
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon"
- Ravos, Soultender
- Wilt-Leaf Liege
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- Ashenmoor Liege
- Silver Seraph
- Thunderscape Master
- Angelic Field Marshal
- Soul of Theros
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Tolsimir Wolfblood
This turned out into a big list. I am curious how this evolves.... but as they say; no guts, no glory!
Good luckt mate!
1 year ago
This deck looks a solid starting point for a werewolf tribal deck. I run one as well and have a few suggestions for you based on my own play-testing experience. I'm not sure what your budget constraints may be so please feel free to only focus on the cards that fit your budget.
Okay, so starting with your creatures, I think you're running too many at this moment. If you had Ruric Thar, the Unbowed as your commander it would work better but if you still with Ulrich, then I would cut some out. Think about which wolves/werewolves you would be happy top-decking and which ones you would not. That's how I made my early cuts. Basically if a werewolf doesn't have an effect on the back, I would cut it. Most of the recent wolves printed aren't going to scale with other decks for long so I would look at only the top tier wolves.
Some creatures that are worth a look may be:
The latter two are especially good because they can help your werewolves flip more consistently. You can also replace some of the more vanilla werewolves with the Eldrazi werewolves from Eldritch Moon. They are great mana sinks later in a game.
Many of your instants aren't going to be great in a multiplayer format beyond those which support werewolves. I would add Waxing Moon in for sure. Chaos Warp is also a form of removal. Hunter's Insight is quite nice and helps gain you card advantage which is something Gruul deck have a hard time with. Other solid card draw sources are Harmonize, Shamanic Revelation, Sylvan Library. Red offers up Wheel effects but a cheap one is Magus of the Wheel.
Smoothing out flips is probably the biggest challenge in multiplayer EDH so that should be a big focus of your deck. It's a two-fold approach: controlling when you play cards and de-incentivizing other players from casting cards.
To help you get flips easier you can play the following:
Cards to punish opponents playing spells:
Despite all of this, your werewolves are going to be on their human side more often than not so consider some ways to boost your team when they're weaker.
Lastly, your manabase will need some improving over time. It'll help speed you up and make your games more consistent. I would look at the following lands:
Best of luck to you!