Creature — Imp
Reckless Imp can't block.
Dash 1B (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and is returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reckless Imp Discussion
1 year ago
I made Tiger Shadow Jutsu with the same boss. My first change was to put in something so i didn't have to discard cards like Library of Leng (I see you have two other cards that do the same thing already).
The creatures that you pop ninjas from can be more deadly than the ninjas. Hostage Taker, Identity Thief etc. They can remove blockers instead of just not getting blocked. I love playing cards from Hostage Taker then putting him back in my hand to play again.
If your opponents are board wiping you can use Reckless Imp with Dash.
1 year ago
The card draw from this boss gets serious what with you also returning cards to your hand so i use transmute to bring out my Thought Vessel from the Dimir Infiltrator. If you put in a Library of Leng you can combo with a Putrid Imp to keep your highest casting cost card on top of your deck.
Reckless Imp is pretty good here, dash means they don't get taken out with a board wipe
2 years ago
I would cut Reckless Imp, but other than that I think your cards all help you get done what you need. I also just noticed that you don't have Fraying Sanity in the deck, it's such a good combo with Traumatize and an all around good mill card. Mirko Vosk is very good! Some ideas for exile based removal to deal with guys that shuffle the library back in are Silence the Believers and Reality Shift. Hope this helps!
4 years ago
Some high level thoughts:
Odric, Lunarch Marshal's ability is only really gives combat-relevant bonuses, so don't bother including a creature just because it has hexproof or indestructible. If the opponent wants to Ultimate Price one of your guys, they'll do it before Odric spreads out the keyword love during combat.
However, certain combinations are still very useful. Deathtouch + first/double strike, for example. Also any form of evasion + lifelink and/or vigilance will put you ahead on the battlefield. So I would focus on those.
Also, Odric + Drana is a bit of a nonbo, as Odric will give first strike to your other creatures, which negates the extra damage that Drana would otherwise push through. I'm not sure Drana even belongs in the same deck as Odric, to be honest. You can already achieve double strike in white via a card that's good on its own (Arashin Foremost), so having first strike is kind of irrelevant. Drana does provide flying, but again there are many ways to get that in white already.
Odric doesn't care if the creatures are tokens or not, so another viable strategy is to create a bunch of evasive tokens (end step Secure the Wastes or an early Dragon Fodder would do the job) and then play creatures with menace, flying, etc. If you get the tokens into play before you play Odric, any keywords you have on the battlefield will apply to the tokens on the same turn you play Odric, which is nice. If you go this route, how aggressive/defensive your deck ends up being will be largely determined by when you create the tokens (e.g. in order from aggressive to defensive: Dragon Fodder, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Secure the Wastes).
Odric's ability doesn't care if the keyword actually exists on the creature. You can give it to the creature with a spell (e.g. Coat with Venom) and, as long as the creature has that ability when Odric's trigger resolves, Odric will spread the ability to your other creatures. So a strategy along the lines of Tokens + Odric + keyword granting combat tricks is also a possibility. Keyword-providing equipment also works.
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar provides tokens for Odric as well as granting indestructible to your team whenever you plus him precombat.
Some specific considerations, not necessarily for your current list, but for various possible Odric-based strategies:
1) Always Watching . Odric wants to go wide and you are in white. If you don't go the token route, this is a possibility with Odric synergy.
2) If you go the token route, consider Skulk as a form of evasion. Attacking with 3-5 1/1s into Sylvan Advocates is not very good if your opponent is at a high life total, but if you have a Farbog Revenant to make your tokens effectively unblockable, you've established a strong clock. Combine this with vigilance or lifelink to win any battlefield-based race. Even something marginally playable like Behind the Scenes might be worth considering in this strategy.
3) Consider Dash creatures for the haste keyword. When you dash a creature it actually has haste while it's on the battlefield, so dashing it before combat will give the rest of your team haste as well. Your opponent won't likely see this move coming. Specific dash creatures worth considering are: Ambuscade Shaman (only in a token-based build), Kolaghan Forerunners, and Reckless Imp.
4) Creature tutors work well with Odric, but the deckbuilding cost to include them may be too much. Traverse the Ulvenwald requires delirium and Dark Petition wants you to hit spell mastery by turn 5.
5) If you go for a green creature heavy build, Beastcaller Savant both ramps you into a turn 3 Odric as well as provides a relevant keyword.
6) If you decide to use equipment, Haunted Cloak exists. Probably not too great, but it's there.
7) If you have enough noncreature spells in the deck, Ojutai Exemplars is worth considering for his second ability.
8) If you can get a haste creature into play early on, consider Archangel Avacyn Flip. This curve is pretty much unbeatable: T1: creature (doesn't really matter), T2: creature (again, doesn't really matter), T3: haste creature, T4: Odric, T5: main phase Avacyn. Swing for all the damage with a hasty, indestructible, flying (+ other keywords) team. Try not to giggle hysterically afterwards, as your opponent won't share the feeling.
9) If you want to go for the absolute maximum jank, try the following combo: Odric, Lunarch Marshal + Zada, Hedron Grinder + Silverfur Partisan + Titan's Strength + Expedite. But seriously, don't try it.