Top 10 colorless cards at 6 cmc
Posted on March 3, 2021, 9:42 p.m. by griffstick
Welcome back for another top ten at 6 cmc. Last time it was blue. This time its colorless. Only one more after this and that's gold.
Check out these other lists too
- top 10 black cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 green cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 white cards at 6 cmc
- top 10 red cards at 6 cmc
So the rules are to post a comment of a colorless card at 6 cmc and the people will upvote it. The cards with the most upvotes will get the # spot. I will update the top 10 list daily.
Your comment/comments should look something like this...
My favorite colorless card at 6 cmc is Brass Herald .
It shouldn't look like this.
My favorite card is this card and that card and also this card but I think this card is the best.
- If you want to submit multiple cards, comment multiple times. Only one card per submission.
- Upvote whatever cards you agree to be in the top ten.
- Dont be afraid to upvote multiple cards.
- You may make comments on other suggested cards and you may talk about the top cards list. But keep your card suggestions separate.
- X spells are excluded.
- You may tag friends to join the conversation/debate.
- Only colorless cards at 6 cmc will be considered for the top 10.
- unless its the legendary cmdr of the colorless deck. Cards like Transguild Courier and Sphinx of the Guildpact are not aloud in a colorless edh deck, so these cards and cards like it will not be considered for the list.
- Cards like Drowner of Hope will not be considered for the list.
- You may talk about other cards outside of colorless and outside of 6 cmc but they will not be considered for the top 10.
- Cards that have multiple colors on it or in it, will not be excepted. Including hybrid mana. Unless its cards like Ramos, Dragon Engine . Because they can be your cmdr. And they are indeed colorless. My rules
- Cards banned in edh will not be considered for the top 10.
- If the submitted card has the same amount of upvotes as another card. I will make a judgment call on witch one I feel deserves the higher spot in the top 10.
- S stands for super. For the 1 card that I chose to represent the best card that's banned in edh.
- If theres a draw. For instance. If a card has 5 upvotes, and another card has 5 upvotes, and one of them I have upvoted, and the other I have not upvoted. The card I have not upvoted counts as 5½ or 5.5 for those using the metric system.
Tappedout user results- sun, march 7th 2021
- S Letter Bomb
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- The Immortal Sun
- Mycosynth Lattice
- Ugin, the Ineffable
- Caged Sun
- Contagion Engine
- Ward of Bones
Edhrec results- sun, march 7th 2021
- Caged Sun , In 20069 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Steel Hellkite , In 17581 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Ugin, the Ineffable , In 17285 decks, 4% of 470216 decks
- Duplicant , In 13704 decks, 3% of 470216 decks
- Wurmcoil Engine , In 11878 decks, 3% of 470216 decks
- Dreamstone Hedron , In 9907 decks, 2% of 470216 decks
- Soul of New Phyrexia , In 8047 decks, 2% of 470216 decks
- Conduit of Ruin , In 6441 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
- Thopter Assembly , In 5835 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
- Oblivion Sower , In 5629 decks, 1% of 470216 decks
OOOOO ive been waiting forever for this Letter Bomb for the banned one
March 4, 2021 12:17 a.m.
MagicMarc as much as i love ramos, he doesnt count since hes considered WUBRG
March 4, 2021 12:20 a.m.
I apologize if that is not an acceptable one. But the OP did not say that I had to follow commander color identity for card choices. I understand I am in a commander thread, just sayin'.
March 4, 2021 12:24 a.m.
I vote with immortal sun reduce cost draws you an extra card shuts down planeswalkers and bonus +1/+1 to each creature you have. Yea lots of value
March 4, 2021 1:05 a.m.
Man oh man... it’s hard for me to choose between Armageddon Clock and Voodoo Doll . I’ll have to come down on the side of Armageddon Clock because it’s probably more useful for more decks. But both are so great!
March 4, 2021 11:16 a.m.
@FormOverFunction, both those cards only have one good thing in common. The card names are sweet. Otherwise they are horrible cards. Lol
March 4, 2021 2:17 p.m. Edited.
griffstick - Please do not spam folks' threads... particularly since your joke completely fails to land. You did not even choose a card with a CMC of 6.
March 4, 2021 2:45 p.m.
March 4, 2021 11:32 p.m.
I'm personally a big fan of Steel Hellkite . Solid removal in EDH. Sure you run into it dying to removal or being countered or whatever, but honestly the threat of removal is real for all permanents. I don't play a game with the mindset of fear; I play the game to have fun. And besides, not every single opponent runs plenty of removal, and not every single opponent immediately has said removal at their disposal.
Argentum Armor is super based, if you can get it out. Works wonders in ramp decks.
Caged Sun is great for ramp, especially in mono-white.
Contagion Engine , but it requires a lot of setup to get true value out of.
Eternity Vessel is super based in mono-white. Run the full gambit of fetch lands and crack them when you're life total is too low. Use in response to it's inevitable removal for some last-second value.
God-Pharaoh's Statue will shut down combo and tempo players in their tracks.
Gonti's Aether Heart can land you infinite turns if you set it up right. You need to Ensoul it, then you want to clone it. You can use Spork Double (misspelled on purpose lol), Sakashima of a Thousand Faces , Mirror Gallery , Sakashima the Impostor or some other spells to do so. Once you're online, do something such as Followed Footsteps , Progenitor Mimic , Rite of Replication . If you're using Progenitor Mimic , you're already in green. So use token-doubling effects such as Doubling Season . You can even bypass all of this for Mechanized Production and Mirror Gallery . Regardless, once you're online you'll be able to exile one and take an extra turn, make another at the beginning of your upkeep and kick off another one. Boom, infinite extra turns. But again, lots of setup.
But I think, of everything, my pick is Mindslaver .
Hold up the mana and use it as the nuclear option. Nobody wants to mess with the man (or woman) who has their finger on the detonator.
March 5, 2021 12:08 a.m.
It's fun and disgusting and just the worst.
March 5, 2021 12:11 a.m.
Was excited when I saw that another one of these was up, but it seems most of the best options have already been given. Sucks that I came a little too late. Still might have a couple for ya though
March 5, 2021 11:11 a.m.
Oops, sorry for the double post, the comment function is all screwed up on tappedout on my laptop.
March 5, 2021 11:18 a.m.
Steel Hellkite use to be my #1 but it falls to #2 on my list to immortal sun but I still think they are both easily in the top colorless cards for 6 cmc
March 5, 2021 3:08 p.m. Edited.
From the result on edh rec it looks like eldrazi tribal is really big. Because Dreamstone Hedron made it to the middle of the list. I'm surprised that Mycosynth Lattice and Mindslaver were not in the edhrec top 10 list either.
Once again thanks everyone for your contribution and continued support throughout this series. Join me again after strixhaven gets fully spoiled and after we get an episode of Game Knights for strixhaven. When I come back we will finish out the series with gold cards. Saving the best for last also the largest selection of cards I believe.