Back:Vessel of the All-Consuming Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Hidetsugu Consumes All
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters the battlefield and after your draw step, put a lore counter on this and activate and/or enable the ability of the saga tied to the required number of counters.)
— Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost/mana value 1 or less.
— Exile all cards in all graveyards.
— Exile this Saga, then return this to the battlefield transformed under your control.
1 month ago
Shaman of Fields and Trees
Creature- Human Shaman
Whenever one or more creatures you control with Forestwalk or Plainswalk attack an opponent, draw a card.
, : Until end turn, all Lands become Plains and all lands become Forests.
2 months ago
Flame Blitz is a sideboard card or meta call.
As for your mana base, cut the Mana Confluence, there’s no reason to run it in a 2 color deck. I think a few more black fetches should fill that slot. With you’re current setup you’re going to really want T1 Fetch Swamp T2 Fetch Swamp T3 Fetch Blood Crypt which doesn’t play well with double red demands and waiting til turn 4 to get your deck going is too slow. You should consider cutting the Voidwalker all together as it’ll give you a less demanding and more consistent path for your mana base requiring only 1 black mana source over 3 turns to get going
3 months ago
I theorycrafted a Jeskai Enchantment deck built around Near-Death Experience and a Rakdos Shaman deck built around Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip using the Power Conduit/Saga strategy. So O'm really liking this deck.
If you can get yourself another copy of the Reality Chip and three copies of any combination of Era of Enlightenment Flip and Medomai's Prophecy, and then replace Reason//Believe, this can give you some more sagas to work with.
I hope this helps, Happy Hunting!
5 months ago
I've thought about Scion, but my problem is that it'll turn off my combo, and probably be too small of a buff at the same time. I feel like I might look at some discard to support things, I'm not especially happy with Spell Pierce. More/better counter magic might be worth a look, it's not like I'm going to catch a Solitude with Spellstutter! I also worry about Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip, which can just annihilate my board before I can combo, but there are a ton of cards that can hose this deck for sure.
I'm more familiar with Legacy Discard than Modern, so it may be awhile before I can figure out what would work here, beyond the very obvious Thoughtseize. I guess I might need to do the non-obvious and look for cards that can discard creatures, or counters that hit creatures, weird as that feels.
I do wonder if Scion might be a good sideboard option, so I can switch between combo and aggro/control, which could be fun if people sideboard in a ton of targeted removal to deal with my combo and run into x4 Scions.
7 months ago
yes, Wrecking Ogre can grant double strike and +3, but five mana is a pretty nuts amount to spend for that kind of effect, especially when stuff like Assault Strobe exists. I’m really not convinced it’s worth running, especially when its application is so niche - without the Vessel in play, this starts looking really stink (and you can’t rely on Vessel being in play).
on discard spells, if you’re playing multiplayer then don’t bother with them. They’re great in 1-v-1, but as you get more opponents it just creates a situation where you’d be hurting yourself more than them.
on Fatal Push etc, yes Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip removes all 1-drops, but you can’t rely on drawing that in a game having backup options is always good, so you don’t get blown-out early. Your deck currently has nothing it can do turn-1, which means you’re starting that game at a disadvantage.
I think you’ve put a LOT of weight on the deck functioning when you’ve drawn a Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip, which is going to put you in a really rough position in all those games where you don’t. Relying on one card so heavily is going to be problematic, especially with how easy it is to remove.
7 months ago
Thanks so much for the thoughtful suggestions, wallisface! I'm very interested to hear if your suggestions take into account a few things: 1) This is intended for modern casual multiplayer (3-5 players), which, in my experience plays a bit slower than 1v1 casual modern, and much slower than 1v1 competitive modern. 2) Wrecking Ogre has a lot of interaction with Vessel of the All-Consuming Flip - Vessel gets a +1/+1 counter whenever it deals damage, so giving it double strike means it will get two +1/+1 counters in one turn's attack phase. Since Vessel has trample, it's very likely to deal a player combat damage, and with Wrecking Ogre, it becomes a 6/6 double strike trample that could possibly trigger the Vessel's last ability, killing a player.
I absolutely think the instants and sorceries included as I write this are the weakest area in the deck. I initially included Inquisition, but realized early on that 1) I'm really bad at playing discard spells (and not much of a B or R player) 2) discard late game can be pretty hit or miss.
I can see Lightning Bolt getting moved into the mainboard, though I'd probably cut Dreadbore for it first.
Do you have any other specific instants/sorceries that have synergy with the deck's mechanics?
7 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|