Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.22||$0.97||$4.0||$3.67||0.12 TIX||0.3 TIX|
|Have (29)||philktoken8998 , TheRedMage , EmblemMan , Spinalripper , rooroothepirate , lttrevor , sunsleader , x754 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Regulus1010 , rakdos24 , GoldGhost012 , CastleSiege , nintendowryyy , guessling , Hellhawk , Comicalflop , FinchFalcon , Luiscencias , Gameover209X , 8vomit , TheDevicer , nighthawk101 , mathimus55 , B1ITZ3D , deatn1342 , brucebruce , RealShoppingCart , CompleteWaste|
Lotleth Troll Discussion
1 day ago
BryanAnthony, I like the idea of Gurmag Angler. It's definitely something I'll have to test and consider. I'm hesitant to remove Lotleth Troll for two reasons. The first is that he's a zombie, so it makes casting Gravecrawler from the yard easier. The second is that it's a secondary method of tossing Vengevine in the yard if I don't have faithless looting (and getting a free counter to boot).
Killkow, Faithless Looting is essential. It's the main way that you put Vengevine into the graveyard and its flashback utility is great. I also want to throw Gravecrawler and Bloodghast into the yard. It also lets you get rid of excess lands (or find a land hopefully if you need one).
Ancient Grudge is the deck's best way of dealing with Affinity in particular, and it helps us slow down Tron's search for their lands by hitting things like Expedition Map or Chromatic Star so they might not be able to cast Pyroclasm if they don't draw Grove of the Burnwillows.
Tymaret, the Murder King is kind of one of my own choices, I haven't seen many people run him. I like the ability to push through damage at my opponent's face. I've actually won the game with him multiple times in board locked situations. He's also a zombie, which is important for Gravecrawler. Even though he's a 1-of, he often winds up in the graveyard with this deck and then I can recast him from there.
There are a couple of problems with Fauna Shaman, and this is probably the reason people haven't run him successfully in this archetype before. The first is that he's easy to remove, being a creature. Also, you can't use him until after the turn he comes out, and I could only use him once per turn.
I can use Evolutionary Leap however many times I want, and as you mentioned, it's less likely to get removed. At least, that's how I'm looking at it.
Thanks for the comments and questions, keep them coming!
2 days ago
You may also want to look into some tutor cards, but if you wana contiue the theme you could use Jarad's Orders. And if you have room you could put a Slitherhead in there as fodder that also gives you a free counter. Especially on a Lotleth Troll I'd also suggest maybe a Nighthowler and Bonehoard to double up Jarad or Splinterfright
3 days ago
I'd go with a 2nd Origins box if you have a means to unload it quickly. Otherwise I would go with RTR. There is tons of playable cards. Supreme Verdict Lotleth Troll Detention Sphere Golgari Charm Sphinx's Revelation Jace, Architect of Thought Vraska the Unseen Abrupt Decay, shocks Deathrite Shaman Desecration Demon
5 days ago
Haha! Well, I had Necrotic Ooze in mind when suggesting Lotleth Troll for speed, but I didn't make the connection between Necrotic Ooze and the behemoths. Yes, if you can cast Griselbrand in the late game, you have a good shot at winning. Nice deck, man. I love tribal and theme decks that work. Keep us updated with how it performs.
5 days ago
Well actually what you said makes sense. Griselbrand is a T8 drop without any kind of reanimation, and I don't have any other ways to cheat him out. So I actually didn't have any real plans on how to get him into the graveyard. The Lotleth Trolls can let me do that, and if I find myself going into the very late game and then drawing it, then I can cast it. So your idea wasn't totally discarded (heh...)
5 days ago
For Modern, I would definitely recommend Scavenging Ooze as a four-of. It helps keep graveyards unthreatening, gains you life, and grows as the game goes on. I also think Griselbrand comes in too late to have a great effect. Same with Geth. I would prefer to see 3 Lotleth Troll in their stead as a way to deal damage faster. Remember that Modern is a T4 format.
6 days ago
Been playing around with a similar idea recently gesred around those two.
2 weeks ago
In terms of suggestions I would recommend 4x Vengevine, 4x Lotleth Troll, 3-4x Grave Crawler, 4x Bloodghast, 2-3x Death's Shadow, 2x Satyr Wayfinder, 2x Varolz, the Scar-Striped, 4x Grisly Salvage, 3-4 Abrupt Decay, and a few Dismember, Slaughter Pact, or Golgari Charm. Other cards to possibly consider would be cards such as Vengeful Pharaoh, Stinkweed Imp, Golgari Grave-Troll, Gurmag Angler, and Life from the Loam. If you ever eventually feel like splashing red in the deck Faithless Looting, and Tormenting Voice could also be useful.
|Power / Toughness||2/1|
|Avg. draft pick||1.14|
|Avg. cube pick||12.53|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica||Rare|
- Lotleth Troll + Slitherhead
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Nighthowler
- Angel of Serenity + Lotleth Troll + Whip of Erebos
- Corpsejack Menace + Lotleth Troll + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Corpsejack Menace + Dreg Mangler + Lotleth Troll
- Big Game Hunter + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Rescue from the Underworld + Worldspine Wurm
- Lotleth Troll + Swamp
- Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord + Lotleth Troll + Underworld Cerberus
- Lotleth Troll + Gravecrawler
- Lotleth Troll + Mortivore
- Gravecrawler + Lotleth Troll
- Golgari Thug + Lotleth Troll
- Death's Shadow + Lotleth Troll + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord + Lotleth Troll
- Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord + Kalonian Hydra + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Pharika, God of Affliction
- Lotleth Troll + Midnight Recovery
- Lotleth Troll + Vengeful Pharaoh
- Haakon, Stromgald Scourge + Liliana of the Veil + Lotleth Troll
- Dictate of Erebos + Lotleth Troll + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Lotleth Troll + Scavenging Ooze + Vampire Nighthawk
- Hell's Caretaker + Lotleth Troll
- Deadbridge Goliath + Jarad's Orders + Lotleth Troll
- Blood Scrivener + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Vengevine
- Bloodghast + Lotleth Troll
- Damia, Sage of Stone + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Vengevine + Gravecrawler
- Golgari Grave-Troll + Lotleth Troll
- Bonehoard + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Corpsejack Menace + Lotleth Troll
- Brain Gorgers + Lotleth Troll
- Lotleth Troll + Nighthowler + Stinkweed Imp
- Animate Dead + Lotleth Troll
- Dance of the Dead + Lotleth Troll