|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Troll
Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 counter on Loleth Troll
: Regenerate Loleth Troll
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lotleth Troll Discussion
1 day ago
Since there aren't that many tutors here, I'd consider increasing the number of copies of the best cards and dropping anything that can't compete. Then, I'd choose a more definite archetype to guide any changes. This deck seems to have elements of a Golgari graveyard theme and mono-green ramp. Sticking to just one of those strategies will make card synergy stronger.
You could also consider Splinterfright, Nyx Weaver, Seed Guardian, Kessig Cagebreakers, Lotleth Troll, Deadbridge Goliath, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Satyr Wayfinder, Nemesis of Mortals, and Spider Spawning for that archetype.
You could also look at Arbor Elf, Voyaging Satyr, Garruk Wildspeaker, Elvish Piper, Pelakka Wurm, Engulfing Slagwurm, Thragtusk, Worldspine Wurm, Primeval Titan, Polukranos, World Eater, and Genesis Wave for that archetype.
6 days ago
With Zombies in Modern, you want to play as many lords as possible. You get access to:
- Cemetery Reaper
- Death Baron
- Diregraf Captain
- Lord of the Undead
- Phantasmal Image (copy another lord)
- Undead Warchief
The only issue is curve. There aren't a whole lot of quality 1-drops in Modern for Zombies. You're pretty much stuck choosing between Cryptbreaker, Gravecrawler, AEther Vial, Diregraf Ghoul, Thoughtseize, and Inquisition of Kozilek.
1 week ago
Nice causal/innovative deck, Llanowar Reborn is a good inclusion as it has the graft ability which can be useful in later games, Lotleth Troll seems like a odd ball here, good if you can recur creatures for instance but you want to have as many creatures on the board, Gyre Sage would be more useful.
The problem with these kinds of decks is that direct damage/removal really hinders you having a strong board-state, Lightning Greaves would be great in here even as a two-of, the haste could be a massive game changer.
1 week ago
Hi, I'm trying to make ooze work as well, the hard part is that it's much slower than the faster decks of the format (I mean if dredge play turn one Cathartic Reunion almost no deck can survive at the moment). I wanted to share my list with you since it's slightly different.
- 4 Verdant Catacombs
- 4 Overgrown Tomb
- 2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- 4 Temple of Malady (it's a pretty good turn 1 and this list had no other play t1 anyways)
- 1 Cavern of Souls (I admit it's much better in your list with traverse)
- 4 Forest
- 4 Necrotic Ooze
- 4 Quillspike
- 4 Devoted Druid
- 4 Fauna Shaman (i read you don't like it x4 but heh...)
- 1 Shriekmaw
- 1 Eternal Witness
- 1 Thornling (haste indestructibility and trample, also some decks can't deal with it)
- 1 Sakura-Tribe Elder (early blocking/fixing against aggro and can be used when they path ooze)
- 1 Lotleth Troll
- 1 Grim Poppet
- 1 Butcher of the Horde (free haste on ooze by sacrificing a combo piece which is game instantly)
- 1 Molten-Tail Masticore (regen is meh, but 4 damage for each exiled creature means you don't need to deal with ensnaring bridge and can win instantly anytime with fauna shaman devoted druid and quillspike in the graveyard)
- 1 Prognostic Sphinx (hexproof and discard combo pieces for free)
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob (for grindy games)
- 1 Collective Brutality
- 2 Makeshift Mannequin (instant ooze into instant win, the sacrifice when triggered part doesn't happen using your own abilities as none of them actually trigger ooze!)
- 1 Abrupt Decay
- 3 Grisly Salvage
- 1 Big Game Hunter (eldrazi, and nice with the self discard in the deck)
- 2 Reclamation Sage (I like that you can fetch them with the fauna shaman)
- 1 Vampire Hexmage (mainly for planewalkers)
- 1 Scavenging Ooze
- 2 Kitchen Finks
- 1 Gnaw to the Bone
- 2 Fulminator Mage (mostly for tron, I actually fantasize about T1 bird, T2 fulminator, t3 ooze but it's another deck)
- 2 Ravenous Trap
- 2 Eternal Witness
- 1 Cinderhaze Wretch (if you're scared they'll extirpate devoted druid you have a backup plan, also when you go off you can make them discard their entire hand just because you can, you should almost never cast this)
- 1 Darkblast
I really like Traverse the Ulvenwald in your list though, I definitely have to try it out. (and it gives me a turn 1 play). I'd also love to play more hand disruption but I'm not sure what to remove (Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek and Harsh Scrutiny would be good before going off and it can even help to discard combo pieces in your own hand)
2 weeks ago
First of all, I have 0 eperience with BG. But i like this deck idea!
Kaladesh also brought Durable Handicraft, might be of use?
Bloodsoaked Champion is also a o.k. card to be discarded by Lotleth Troll since it will recur.
If we're talking a slightly higher budget, Golgari Thug synergizes with these guys too (in case you run the Thug you might find useful having some Groundskeeper - to recover some of the dredged lands, and as fuel for deranged outcast).
Always remaining on a slightly higher budget, you'll love to throw Savra, Queen of the Golgari with these guys.
2 weeks ago
I've played with Golgari Graveyard decks before, and I don't like Essence Harvest. I would replace Essence Harvest with 3 Lotleth Troll. The Lotleth Troll is an easy turn 2 creature. On turn three you would normally squeeze in 5 or so damage. The Essence Harvest will only do 3-5 damage on a turn and you can't use it more than once. Or you could replace Essence Harvest for more Golgari Grave-Troll or Nemesis of Mortals. Golgari Grave-Troll is more dredge and Nemesis of Mortals is 3 more Ghoultrees.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I think any game where you get close to milling yourself out, even with 8+ recurring mill triggers, is a game you've already lost, but you could try Loaming Shaman as a countermeasure. The real strength of Splinterfright is that he's both the setup and his own win condition since, like Lotleth Troll, he can trample in damage. Boneyard Wurm, on the other hand, becomes fairly useless if your opponent casts Surgical Extraction on Jarad, or something to that effect. And on Raven's Crime, I agree that it doesn't really belong here. I just thought it'd be funny to sideboard it in my deck since I already run Groundskeeper.