Creature — Human Artificer
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Quicksmith Genius Discussion
1 month ago
In any case, Darksteel Forge, Nevinyrral's Disk, Hedron Archive, Mind's Eye, Foundry Inspector, Quicksmith Genius, Epochrasite, Anger, Cathodion, Volcanic Offering, Trash for Treasure, Wayfarer's Bauble, Blinkmoth Urn, and Skullclamp are all cards worth at least considering.
2 months ago
If you need ways to win once you go infinite, I recommend Shivan Gorge. It doesn't cost you a nonland slot, and there is at least one way to deal infinite damage using cards in your list and Gorge. You don't run Ruination, so you aren't really losing much by adding another nonbasic.
I wasn't saying that you cut Darksteel Forge, Nevinyrral's Disk, or Mycosynth Lattice. I was just pointing out that your explanations for why you included Disk and Lattice don't emphasize that the core combo is Forge + Disk, and that adding Lattice just lets you blow up lands.
Your argument about having enough tutoring is...sketchy. You have 4 tutors in deck, one of which is Kuldotha Forgemaster. It depends on the deck, but Forgemaster is often best categorized as part of an N-card combo rather than a tutor, where N is the number of other artifacts of any sort you need to control when you untap with Forgemaster in order to immediately go infinite (I think N = 6 is sufficient to find Forge + Disk for your list, and N = 7 finds an arbitrary number of artifacts if you add Nim Deathmantle). The card-drawing component of your argument is more difficult to compute, though you definitely have enough card draw to make my traditional numbers* inapplicable to your deck, but the threshold for seeing enough cards to consistently assemble a 3-card combo is really high.
I'd also contest your claim that Lattice is an essential component of any Daretti deck. My experience with Daretti has been that you're rarely short on artifacts to sacrifice, and color fixing is rarely an issue in a mono-color deck, so Mycosynth Lattice's main purpose is for combos. The main cards that combo with lattice include:
- Forge: Avacyn, Angel of Hope is good, even when it's a 2-card combo.
- Forge + Disk: this combo is already backbreaking even without Lattice.
- Karn, Silver Golem: this combo is gross. It's less mana-efficient than something like Decree of Annihilation or Boom/Bust, but being one-sided and repeatable counts for a lot.
- Clock of Omens / Unwinding Clock: Given that you have some big activated ability payoffs, these are definitely strong.
- Voltaic Key/Clock of Omens/Unwinding Clock + Goblin Welder: These cards just happen to work together extremely well.
- Vandalblast: this is gross, and you already want Vandalblast in your deck.
- Quicksmith Genius: This is a card that always fails to make the cut for me (I skip from 2 mana to 4 mana about 70%-80% of the time in my Daretti list, which places 3-drops in a weird spot in my curve), so I don't have a good sense for whether triggering the Genius whenever you play a land is very good.
- Inventors' Fair: If Lattice onboard makes a difference in whether you can take advantage of Inventors' Fair, something has gone horribly awry.
So by my count, you have about 6 cards that work well with Lattice, and 2 that work against it (All Is Dust does literally nothing with Lattice onboard). Given that you have incidental combos like Goblin Welder+untapper shenanigans, I think it's best to view Lattice as a card that combos with 6 cards in your deck, but does very little on its own. Whether that is above or below your threshold for usefulness is up to you.
*My traditional numbers: If Card A does nothing on its own but combos with other cards, you want at least 10 tutors and/or synergistic cards for Card A to be consistently useful.
6 months ago
7 months ago
You would benefit more of having wheels than narrow card draw like Quicksmith Genius or Endbringer. Winds of Change, Incendiary Command and Magus of the Wheel are nice budget options. Staff of Nin also would fit really well here as win con + card draw.
7 months ago
This is my 5% blue side speeking (people who think I runed a bad joke that was bad all ready,thinking this deck is not good,and did not like the Description, I'm going to go over the "combos" and stuff here. Why? Because I liked my Description and I'm going to keep it like that.) and I think I just came up with a guide of how this deck could work. Here's a great game for u should start.
Trun 4: Quicksmith Genius then dump 0 mana artifacts, draw more 0 mana artifacts, try to play at least 6 0 mana artifacts, 20 damage, win.
if I don't get the combo, then what? Well, 95% red side so that's up for u to find out.
7 months ago
For the all-in sac artifacts theme:
- Overseer of the Damned -> Herald of Anguish - You can probably discount Herald to a 2BB easily. The removal isn't quite as good, but the discard triggers are painful.
- Executioner's Capsule -> Quicksmith Genius - The whole deck is centered around Daretti's -1, so you really don't need a lot of removal. You have 14 targeted removal spells. I'm big on Quicksmith Genius, as he triggers on tokens and vastly improves card quality.
- Murderous Cut -> Chaos Warp - You actually only have 1 card in here that can kill a Pithing Needle (that names Daretti). A few more anti-artifact cards might be warranted.
- Pentavus -> Hellkite Igniter/Hellkite Tyrant - was never a fan of Pentavus, as he's so dang slow. Also there doesn't seem to be any proliferate support so he is basically 12 mana for 5 artifacts.
I definitely think Pia's Revolution deserves a spot, although I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet to be sure.
8 months ago
Emzed Good suggestions there! I've seen Squee, Goblin Nabob in a few lists for Daretti and I was assuming that was the reason why he was there as you're correct, amazing synergy with Daretti. The sad fact is I don't own a copy of Squee. A fact that I may have to remedy.
Quicksmith Genius would also be a great inclusion but sadly again, I don't currently own a copy as I didn't buy heavily into Kaladesh as my money is going to Amonkhet (because Bolas). However, a friend bought really heavy into Kaladesh and he is willing to part with cards at discounted prices...and I give him cash so his wife doesn't learn about his coffee habits.
Zealous Conscripts and Pithing Needle could be interesting inclusions as well. I sadly don't have either but I do have a Phyrexian Revoker in my collection just sitting around gathering dust that could be pulled out and used for a similar effect to the needle.
8 months ago
Squee, Goblin Nabob synergyzes well with Daretti, repeatedly discarding him provides lots of card advantage.
Zealous Conscripts is great against planeswalkers, and combines with Daretti or Goblin Welder to steal an opponent's artifact and then trash it to return something from your grave. Or you could use Conscripts to untap Welder and use him twice.
Quicksmith Genius could be another tool for digging through your deck.
Pithing Needle is a versatile interactive card, and you have plenty of ways to make use of a cheap artifact.