Combos Browse all Suggest
- Cultivate + Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Genesis Wave + Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen + The Mending of Dominaria
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Legendary Creature — Demon
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target player lose 3 life. If you do, put three +1/+1 counters on this creature.
Recommendations View more recommendations
2 months ago
If it was , I'm going to say Ob Nixilis, the Fallen + Warp World or something very similar. The idea here is to play out a bunch of permanents (often tokens), reshuffle them into your library with Warp World, and put that many permanents onto the battlefield. If you hit Ob Nixilis and a critical mass of lands this way, it can be a one-shot win.
2 months ago
Wabbajacke , Ob Nixilis, Unshackled actually makes a real nasty combo with Opposition Agent but Ob Nixilis, the Fallen is the card I already own so that's what's in the deck for the time being at least
2 months ago
I like the Theme and Powerwolf, so + 1 from me ;)
Is there a reason why you use Ob Nixilis, the Fallen over Ob Nixilis, Unshackled? In my opinion, it synergizes very well with Varragoth, maybe because you need to chose an Opponent for its boast ability?
8 months ago
Assuming you're going with a land based deck anyways landfall creatures that generate value are a fairly easy add on and with all the reprints lately everything is relatively affordable.
Scute Swarm - is one of my favorite new cards. Death by insects
Omnath, Locus of Rage - is a decent curve topper and if left alone can provide enough pressure to close out the game in most cases
Rampaging Baloths - same idea as pretty much anything else. Solid body and with 2 or 3 more land drops barring a wrath you should be closing out the game
Felidar Retreat - death by cats is always fun
Emeria Angel - death by birds
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen - death by demon
Lots of land and a Scapeshift or a Bring to Light into anything listed above will probably provide you enough value to win the game - you could also go the big mana route with Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire
1 year ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
RicketyEng on None
1 year ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
1 year ago
I would personally drop Dragon Tempest , you want near dragon tribal for that to be worth the slot. Athreos, God of Passage , Ob Nixilis, the Fallen , Sower of Discord , Angelic Field Marshal , Tyrant's Familiar and of course Avacyn, Angel of Hope .
Angelic is almost a must since she helps the whole team
1 year ago
That idea aside, this deck looks like a beautiful mess, great job.