Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Legendary Creature — Demon
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target player lose 3 life. If you do, put three +1/+1 counters on Ob Nixilis, the Fallen.
Combos Browse all
- Cultivate + Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Genesis Wave + Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen + The Mending of Dominaria
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen Discussion
3 months ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
RicketyEng on None
4 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
4 months ago
I would personally drop Dragon Tempest , you want near dragon tribal for that to be worth the slot. Athreos, God of Passage , Ob Nixilis, the Fallen , Sower of Discord , Angelic Field Marshal , Tyrant's Familiar and of course Avacyn, Angel of Hope .
Angelic is almost a must since she helps the whole team
6 months ago
That idea aside, this deck looks like a beautiful mess, great job.
8 months ago
You only have a few actual creatures (17, not including the commanders) in the deck so I don't think Zendikar Resurgent and Guardian Project are worth it. Would an Emerald Medallion or other cost reducing spells be better. As for card draw Mentor of the Meek? You are playing green; there has to be something else.
You also only have a limited number of non-land permanents (34) and very little self mill and fetch lands. So I'm not sure if Eerie Ultimatum really deserves the spot. Your permanents are pretty powerful, so you may still want this. If you decide to keep it in you might want to look at Deadbridge Chant and more fetches or Evolving Wilds for your lands.
My only other thought is Entreat the Angels. You are going to draw cards during your second main phase; no miracle is feel bad.
9 months ago
I’ve always loved Ob Nixilis, the Fallen.
Bloodthrone Vampire is probably the card I’ve cast the most that I never see anyone else cast though. I love that girl...she’s so thirsty.
11 months ago
Hello all! I have a handful of cards I'm looking to part with. I'm planning to list them on TCG player at the end of the week, but figured I'd give everyone here first crack at them. It's mostly little stuff, but there are a pair of reserved list cards in pretty good condition I'm planning to part with.
I can take payment through PayPal, and shipping is covered in all purchases. Generally, I'll ship under $30 in an envelope, and $30+ in a bubble mailer with tracking. Prices should generally be about 10% below the cheapest card of similar condition I found when I pulled them from TCG, but if I'm off, feel free to let me know! I've noted condition for the more expensive stuff and am happy to provide pictures, though generally everything on this list is NM.
- Yawgmoth's Will: NM/LP condition, priced at $120 (~ $15 less than the cheapest LP I found on TCG)
- Wheel of Fortune: LP/MP, priced at $160 (~ $15 less than the cheapest MP I found on TCG)
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty: $3
- Whip of Erebos: $3
- Thousand-Year Storm: $3.50
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled: $5
- Ashnod's Altar: $6
- Chromatic Lantern: $6
- Dictate of Erebos: $6
- Starfield of Nyx: $7
- Dragonlord Silumgar: $9
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen: $10
- Neheb, the Eternal: $10
- Rankle, Master of Pranks: $10
- 2 Aetherflux Reservoir: $4 each, or two for $7
- 4 Cryptolith Rite: $5 each, two for $9, or all four for $16
- 2 Vanquisher's Banner: $6 each, or two for $10
Again, if you're interested, please let me know! I'm happy to adjust as the market changes, and I'll remove items from this list as they're sold. At the end of the week, I'll be posting these on TCG.
1 year ago
Some things to do with a Lord Windgrace deck:
Everybody Dies! : Massacre Wurm + Natural Affinity. Have the affinity in play, cast the Wurm when all of your opponents have a lot of land out. All of your opponents will lose 2 life for every land you just killed. If any of your opponents are still alive. Use your crucible and stuff like World Shaper or even Groundskeeperto get your lands back. Additionally, you can add Massacre Girl in place of the wurm but it will only kill their lands if a 1/1 creature is in play and wont do damage to the players. You can also replace Natural Affinity with anything else that makes all lands creatures like Living Plane or Nature's Revolt.
I'm A Fat Bastard! : Before you cast your Craterhoof Behemoth put any of those lands into creatures cards like Natural Affinity, Living Plane or Nature's Revolt into play first! Then when you cast the behemoth, it, and all of your creatures and land creatures will become HUGE!
Kill It With Fire! : Using Scapeshift or World Shaper or Splendid Reclamation while you have Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle in play or in graveyard and Prismatic Omen in play. X number of lands enter play, valakut thinks they are all mountains and you get to spray damage everywhere. You can also put Field of the Dead in the deck and take advantage of that for lots of zombies when you do this event. If you add Ob Nixilis, the Fallen to the mix you can drain your opponents all out while this is going on as well.
Hocus Locus! : With Omnath, Locus of Rage in play and Goblin Bombardment you do something to trigger his landfall a little or a lot. You get a lot of 5/5 elementals who are 4 pts of ticking time bomb damage! At any time, you can sack any elemental to the enchantment. This does 1 pt to any target, then the Omnath trigger does another 3 pts! Just putting lands into play the normal way makes this good. But then when you have a bunch of land in the yard, using Splendid Reclamation is insane with this.
That is all i got for now! Good luck with the deck!