Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes a land to be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sacred Ground Discussion
2 weeks ago
I decided to run a similar build on MTGO, one card I'd recommend is Sacred Ground.
Definitely not a deck meant for fun but incredibly competitive in a Two-headed Giant EDH game as a support deck. And mostly, a really cheap way to get revenge kills after those games you've been the table's punching bag with any other deck.
3 weeks ago
I'm a fan! This is the Noyan list that matches the playstyle I am looking for the most. I have a few questions though.
You have a few quite narrow answers. Do these kinds of threats and situations come up often enough in general to warrant a slot or are they just a meta call for you? For example, Hushwing Gryff, Submerge, Hallowed Moonlight, Mental Misstep, Squelch. I'm also on the fence about Teferi's Response but I can see the blowouts it can create.
Is Cataclysmic Gearhulk strong enough compared to other boardwipes? Flashing it in with Scout's Warning must be fun, but I feel like letting my opponents choose ruins the card.
Aside from regular counterspells, are Sacred Ground and Teferi's Response enough protection for your lands? Asking because your mtgsalvation list had Terra Eternal, Trade Routes and Mother of Runes as well.
One last question, despite Deep Analysis being pure value, does the sorcery speed not mess with you too much?
3 months ago
The idea is to use Blood Moon to make all of your opponent's lands into mountains, then you enchant their lands with Genju of the Spires, then kill it with a pinger like Cunning Sparkmage or something like Pyroclasm. You would be able to consistently get Genju of the Spires and Blood Moon with Heliod's Pilgrim or Idyllic Tutor every game. After you destroy their landbase, you could use a cheeky card like Terra Eternal or Sacred Ground and start enchanting your own mountains to quickly beat down on your opponents. Another idea is to use goblin cards like Dragon Fodder, or Krenko's Command alongside Goblin Bombardment to easily ping your opponent's lands. What do you guys think? I personally think it could be an extremely fun rogue deck. Also, post ideas and your decks to add to this rogue archetype. It helps a lot.
3 months ago
Thanks! I'm glad you like the jankiness that this deck brings!
These are good card suggestions and I might as well give out my thoughts on them...
- Ring of Three Wishes/Tamiyo's Journal - while tutoring is good, these tutors might just be a little bit too slow and expensive to work on. At 5 mana, I might just be doing something to make an Island/Plains larger other than tutoring. Journal on the other hand is something that cannot be very useful at all in the incorrect shell. Trail of Evidence makes it worthwhile but that's another card I would need just to support a specific card.
- Sacred Ground - I did have this in the deck a while back but there are just very few instances that its effect activates. For starters, it doesn't protect lands against Blasphemous Act and the like. It cannot even protect your lands during combat. The card is just too narrow to warrant inclusion.
- Mirror Entity - used to be in the deck as well, together with Amoeboid Changeling and Imagecrafter. The reason I removed these changeling cards is that they are creatures and are easy to remove. Another reason would be because most of the time when Griffin Canyon is not online, they are dead cards at best. Infinite mana combos go well with Mirror Entity though. Hint: Altar of Dementia
- Turnabout/Windfall - both are very good inclusions and would benefit the deck no doubt. The problem is that I don't know which ones to replace for these. Maybe replace Mystic Speculation with Windfall? Turnabout is bonkers under specific circumstances, especially when you have both Sapphire Medallion and View from Above. Grow a land very large in a single turn. Doesn't even need to be the Griffin Canyon.
- Ghirapur Orrery - seems like a good card to help us ramp and stuff. However, we rarely find our self with an empty hand so the second effect seems moot.
All in all, here are the cards I'm looking to add from these suggestions:
Great suggestions overall! Keep them coming!
3 months ago
Jank as they come! Love it!
Just a few suggestions as I muddle through your long path to the griffony goodness of your manland win:
Mirror Entity is another card you can use to get the creature type. You can even pay 0 for the ability if you don't mind wiping your non-manland creatures in a pinch.
Turnabout is good both offensively and defensively and creates you a manland.
Sacred Ground is similar to Terra Eternal in the fact it protects your lands from creature boardwipes of others. Yes they come back unmanned, but lacking strong GY recursion for them will make this deck difficult.
Ghirapur Orrery is a group-hug card that may benefit you most. Extra land per turn helps you gain presence and the draw 3 ability helps you recover gas when you've run out of your cheap cards.
Happy Janking! Hope that helps.
3 months ago
For the reason of not replying by email is that it is easier to show you the cards and combos through here, rather than searching them up on your own time. I suggest despite budget. If you're doing budget, then I honestly can't help. My brain doesn't work that way.
Your goals: Superfriends with a side of Land Love and Reanimator Hate. If I'm correct, read on. Otherwise, read on.
First Up - Planeswalker Benefitial Stuff:
Secondly - Land Lovin':
Thirdly - Reanimator Hatin':
Lastly - Other Noteworthy Cards:
In Garruk's Wake, Merciless Eviction, Descend upon the Sinful, Final Judgment, Akroma's Vengeance, Austere Command, Catastrophe, Crux of Fate, Damnation, Day of Judgment, Deadly Tempest, Decree of Pain, End Hostilities, Life's Finale, Nevinyrral's Disk, Overwhelming Forces, Phyrexian Rebirth, Supreme Verdict, Wrath of God, Languish, Toxic Deluge.
Sorry it isn't much. Been busy with a few things but could get you started. Tag me in the deck so I can see your picks and make suggestions from there!