|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Lands you control have "Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||rebelteddybear , Mousemke , sonnet666 , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , silvereh , Riku580 , electrolynx , releasethedogs , AllDayTayTay , bakeraj4 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Swamy , rakdos24 , Fooo , firemind12 , MagnaAura|
Joiner Adept Discussion
1 week ago
Joiner Adept and Prismatic Omen do great work for me in my 5-color Ramos deck. I can't afford the fixing/fetches so I run those and a plethora of green ramp spells. It's not ideal, but it gets me there pretty reliably.
Those may also give more incentive for you to include Earthcraft :p
1 month ago
1 month ago
@vault - I'm not entirely sure why you're running Crucible of Worlds. I see that you are running the fetch lands and crucible allows you to replay them, but I doubt you'd want to burn a tutor to get your crucible. You're also only running, by my count, 10 legal targets to fetch, but there is overlap with those targets, and you've got 7 fetch lands. I see in earlier iterations you were running Azusa, but you aren't anymore. It looks like you've only got one card that is allowing for additional land drops, so Crucible seems even less fruitful. You've got plenty of dorks... Maybe it's too slow, but Elvish Harbinger will at worst get you a dork and at best get you Oracle of Mul Daya or Bloom Tender. It also provides a mana fixing option as well. You could swap out one dork for the Joiner Adept and then all your lands become dual lands and you're probably mana fixed immediately.
Weathered Wayfarer could help tutor up any land, but it may be too slow. My only argument for including it is because you're land count is at 33 and it would guarantee a land drop every turn if you are running behind or on the draw... a possible replacement for Farseek. It's a stretch but Cryptolith Rite could be useful. It all depends how many of those dorks and/or saprolings end up on the board.
I could be wrong, none of these suggestions may improve tempo at all.
1 month ago
Overall loving what i'm seeing here. 5C scary cheaty things is always fun. If you would like a couple suggestions check the spoilers.
Suggestions Within Show
- One of the biggest problems with 5C decks is not getting the colors of mana you need. Some of the signets and or cluestones could be helpful. However with Chromatic Lantern and Joiner Adept in the list it may be a moot point.
- Mana doubling is another great thing for the deck. Mirari's Wake is the best around for this but adding another 1-2 would probably help a lot. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is a personal favorite. If you want to you could add Palinchron to get infinite mana with a doubling effect.
- Your land base looks to be about as good as it gets without shelling out a lot. The only thing I have to suggest is Mana Confluence.
- Wrath of God//Damnation//Supreme Verdict
- Day of Judgment//Rout
- Plague Wind//In Garruk's Wake//Merciless Eviction//Perilous Vault
- Nature's Ruin//Perish - Mostly useful against elves but green is a really popular color in EDH in general.
- Sneak Attack - Rather expensive to buy but if you can get one it's incredibly strong.
- Tooth and Nail - With Jhoda or Fist it's at a 2 mana discount.
- Wild Pair - Likely not efficient enough for the deck for P/T totals you have 3 at 20, 3 at 12, 5 at 10, 5 at 4, 3 at 3, and 5 at 2. Mostly, not ones which win you the game by hitting but free creatures is still good.
Regardless of if you look at the suggestions +1 upvote and i'll likely be using this as a base for my own Jodah EDH in the next few months.
1 month ago
Hello there! So I would LOVE to help you out! Ok so as you have read the MOST and I mean ABSOLUTE MOST lands you can have is 40 and higher that is just not needed. In slivers or just making slivers form your sliver queen try getting cards like when a creature enters the battlefield and things like that and be careful of cards that so when you cast a creature spell instead of when a creature enters the battlefield. Artifacts - Keep Ashnod's Altar Chromatic Lantern Gilded Lotus Sol Ring Lands - Keep Canopy Vista Command Tower Dark Depths Flagstones of Trokair Gaea's Cradle Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Pillar of the Paruns Thespian's Stage VesuvaInstants - Enlightened Tutor Vampiric TutorSorceries - Channel the Suns Commune with Nature Demonic Tutor Restore Sylvan Scrying Time of Need Vindicate Creatures - Auriok Champion Courser of Kruphix Essence Warden Hangarback Walker Joiner Adept Linvala, Keeper of Silence Soul's Attendant Soul Warden Urborg ElfEnchantments - Defense of the Heart Exquisite Blood gravepact Land Tax Sanguine Blood Tranquil Grove Ok so those are the cards that I would keep for starters. Cards like Azusa, Lost but Seeking Exploration and Explore will definitely help you out with your land. Plus cards like Authority of the Consuls Thalia, Heretic Cathar and Ghostly Prison help you out early game to get ahead of everybody. Also I know what I said about the whole creatures entering the battlefield and all that but actually Zendikar Resurgent will be a HUGE help for mana and card draw if you got creature which is my assumption. Also Protean Hulk Tishana, Voice of Thunder and Seal of the Guildpact just for extra support. And plus if you want some just plain fun do Sheoldred, Whispering One, Equilibrium, Rhystic Study, and Unexpected Results. Hope this helps!!!!!
1 month ago
2 months ago
Inexorable Tide, Joiner Adept, and the Vivid lands e.g. Vivid Grove are all really good additions, and not all that expensive either. Aside from being three colors, for Ramos, may I ask why Derevi, Empyrial Tactician is in your list?
2 months ago
No problem! I'm good with cuts!
First off, Prophet of Kruphix from the maybeboard is banned. jsyk
So here's 15 cuts!
- Utopia Sprawl you do not have enough forests in here, if you upgrade the land base somewhat it'd be fine, but for now cut it.
- Primal Surge unless this is a win-con, getting to turn 10 seems difficult with the low land count. It also distracts from the main gameplan, casting creatures with Animar out to beat down.
- Trap Essence seems like a trap. Haaaaahhaha okay but for real, that seems like a lot of mana to hold up just to counter something.
- Dragonlord Atarka love her but the effect is not worth the cost, even if discounted.
- Essence Warden need to cut one drops.
- Etherium-Horn Sorcerer is just okay imo.
- Joiner Adept run Chromatic Lantern instead.
- Majestic Myriarch just okay.
- Oblivion Sower to... narrow(?)
- Peregrine Drake you have 2 :)
- Phyrexian Revoker meta call?
- Polyraptor you don't seem equiped to take advantage of him.
- Scavenging Ooze just okay
- Trinket Mage sol ring is the only target, not worth running
- Urabrask the Hidden just okay
- Wild Cantor
I'd start with those personally. Good luck!