|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Feast or Famine
Choose one — • Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. • Destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.
Feast or Famine Discussion
1 year ago
I included them in order I would try them out. Ashes to Ashes will likely be your best option.
1 year ago
3 years ago
So, my suggestions for this deck:
Your primary problem is what you do on the first three or so turns. Right now all of your 1 drops are basically useless to you until the late game. I suggest that you consider:
- Shamble Back (And it's brother Vile Rebirth)
- Cryptbreaker (Will also help you trigger all of your Madness cards)
- Zombie Infestation (Similar to Crypt Breaker, but cheaper mana activation)
You'll also want some ways of drawing cards/dealing with threats. My suggestions:
- Feast or Famine
- Breakthrough (You can cast it for U, draw 4 cards, and activate all your madness)
- Mental Note or Thought Scour
- Careful Study (Or other blue spells that draw/discard large numbers of cards. You can use them to fill up your graveyard with expensive flashbacks that you can activate later)
- Disrupt and other cheap counterspells that can buy you some time.
- Good ole reliable Doom Blade.
I think you should take out some of the enchantments that you have:
3 years ago
Very interesting deck! I think that the focus on spellcasting is very interesting. My suggestion would be double down on Rise from the Tides as your main method of victory. If you wanted to do that you would want to get rid of as many non-instant or sorcery cards as possible.
To that effect, I suggest getting rid of Cemetery Reaper. Maybe you'll want to get rid of Diregraf Captain, I'm not sure. You'd want to add self-mill cards to help get as many instant or sorcery cards into your graveyard as possible. Suggestions for this route would be:
- Pieces of the Puzzle - I even have some of these.
- Dimir Charm - A multi-use spell that can counter spells, destroy cards, or mill
- Thought Scour - Mills 2 and draws 1 for
- Feast or Famine - Destroys a creature and gives you a 2/2 zombie
Another option you could do would be to double-down on Madness. Gisa's Bidding and From Under the Floorboards are both good cards that get a lot better when Madness is used. I suggest adding Careful Study as an enabler in this case. Horrifying Revelation could also be used. If you're considering taking one of the two out I suggest taking Bidding out first.
No data for this card yet.