Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Szarekh, the Silent King
Legendary Artifact Creature — Necron
My Will Be Done — Whenever Szarekh, the Silent King attacks, mill three cards. You may put an artifact creature card or Vehicle card from among the cards milled this way into your hand. (To mill a card, put the top card of your library into your graveyard.)
2 months ago
Hey, well done so far. I agree, Szarekh is less good as Commander. Imotekh can be a combo piece for infinite Necrons, that makes it better as Commander.
Szarekh seems good in the 99 though when playing Imotekh as Commander, could put artifacts in your graveyard and if you return an artifact to your hand that you milled it triggers Imotekh. Szarekh flying in combination with Imotekh's menace pump making it 5/6 and playing so many other artifacts it can consistently trigger to create Necrons.
For some cuts to get to 100 cards consider streamline the high CMC cards? The avg. CMC is high at rounded up 3.5, reducing this average can help gameplay. The best here are Wurmcoil Engine, Marionette Master, Bolas's Citadel, Their Name is Death, Noxious Gearhulk. Honestly, you could cut the others, 6 CMC or more, to reduce the mana curve.
Wurmcoil, Marionette, Triplicate Titan and Phyrexian Triniform all combo with Altar + Deathmantle. I don't think you need four huge creatures who do this. Cutting Triniform and Triplicate will not change strategy much as they're the weaknest of the four.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Triplicate Titan and Phyrexian Triniform
- Hexmark Destroyer: only a beater, doesn't do anything else.
- Darksteel Juggernaut: only a beater, doesn't do anything else.
- Traxos, Scourge of Kroog: only a beater, doesn't do anything else.
- Diamond Mare: can get life gain from better sources.
- Phyrexian Fleshgorger: only a beater, isn't needed since you have Wurmcoil.
- Shard of the Void Dragon: triggers only on attack making it slow value for a 7 drop.
- Ugin, the Ineffable: there's too many black cards here that don't get the mana cost reduction including Imotekh.
- Batterskull: good with Stoneforge Mystic and when you can reduce equip costs, without it's subpar.
- Technomancer: fine ETB trigger, but only reanimates artifact creatures, that makes it less good than it could be. You reanimate all creatures total 6 CMC at once, with Imotekh you only create two Necrons.
Some improvements within your budget, consider more lower mana cost repeatable ways to trigger Imotekh?
- Tortured Existence --> Entreat the Dead
- Szarekh, the Silent King --> Skorpekh Destroyer
- Scarecrone --> Royal Warden
Tortured Existence, if you have two artifact creatures in hand you can alternate discarding and putting into hand each time triggering Imotekh for . Scarecrone can reanimate an artifact creature at instant speed.
Others to consider.
- Diabolic Intent (reprinted in BRO) --> Mind's Eye
- Sculpting Steel --> Mirrorworks
- Swiftfoot Boots --> Sword of the Animist
- Feed the Swarm --> Tragic Slip
- Dark Ritual --> Ghouls' Night Out
- War Room --> Temple of the False God
- Phyrexia's Core --> Barren Moor
Good luck with your deck.