|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Common|
|Alara Reborn (ARB)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
Swampcycling 2, mountaincycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Search your library for a Swamp or Mountain card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Igneous Pouncer Discussion
5 months ago
Now that Amonkhet with its new cycling cards was released, this deck can be significantly improved. I have tested your decklist as it was, and then made following changes:
- Obviously add new cycling creatures, such as Archfiend of Ifnir or Greater Sandwurm.
- Removals like Murder or Ichor Slick in this deck are bad, because they add creatures into your opponent's graveyard, which makes your Living End worse. You need to focus on removal which disables the creature on the battlefield, puts it into library or exiles it, such as Chaos Warp or Song of the Dryads.
- Turns out that this deck has much better manabase than it seems - mainly because of all the land-cycling creatures (Igneous Pouncer), which can search for dual lands such as Cinder Glade. Thus it is easily possible to play four colors. Adding blue will improve your changes of going off with additional cascade card Shardless Agent and tutors like Bring to Light.
- Replace Flayer of the Hatebound with Ogre Battledriver. As previous comment says, Flayer of the Hatebound doesn't work with Living End. So instead of damage, you'll have haste.
- Replace All Hallow's Eve with Twilight's Call - it's $100 cheaper.
- Add Emrakul, the Promised End as a backup plan - turns out that the deck has a lot of tutors, never misses a land-drop thanks to all that cycling, and has many card types in the graveyard. Emrakul is enough to win all alone.
6 months ago
11 months ago
Title explains all, if Trinisphere is on the battlefield, and I try to cycle with say Igneous Pouncer, will I pay 2 Mana to cycle or three. Consequently if let's say Defense Grid is on the battlefield, will that affect cycling as well, or no?
1 year ago
I'm not a big fan of Igneous Pouncer. It was never something I wanted to cast, and if I cycled it is was because I had extra mana, so I didn't need the extra land. I'd test a couple copies of Fling, because with the ETB burn you've got in here the damage could easily add up.