Posted on Sept. 17, 2016, 6:34 a.m. by clayperce
If you want to talk about Wolves and Werewolves in Modern, you're in the right place!
- You're 100% welcome to post here asking for help on anything Wolven, though you might want to set up a separate thread as well, in the Modern Deck Help forum.
- Please don't hesitate to post your deck in large format (it makes it easier for others to find the decks that are asking for help).
- Here's the syntax for a large format deck ... just copy-and-paste it, replacing the "gruul-wolves-soi" part with the "slug name" from your deck's URL:
Want to add a note about the thread to your deck description? Just copy-and-paste this:
... the [Modern Wolves](http://tappedout.net/mtg-forum/standard-deck-help/modern-wolves/) thread!
Want to add a subscription button to your deck description? Just copy-and-paste this:
<a class="btn btn-default" href="/subscriptions/subscribe/67/62030/?return_url=/mtg-forum/modern-deck-help/modern-wolves/">Subscribe to the Modern Wolves thread</a>
We look forward to reading your comments and looking at your decks! Good luck (and good skill) on your builds!
P.S. No worries if you just want to lurk. Please just click the Subscribe button here or underneath the Comment window. Thanks!
oohSo i play a coco variant and heres my list
SCORE: 3 | 11 COMMENTS | 629 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
this entire thread here is a good read too.
September 17, 2016 7:22 a.m.
Thanks for the MTGSalvation thread on CoCo/Vial Werewolves, Kizmetto!
A couple other references worth sharing:
September 17, 2016 7:31 a.m. Edited.
Here's a variant I made. Finally got it in the right spot!
SCORE: 3 | 1 COMMENT | 545 VIEWS
September 17, 2016 9:13 p.m.
Check out this baby ive had cooking up
SCORE: 2 | 12 COMMENTS | 360 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
September 18, 2016 12:39 a.m.
Back in the day I read like a 400 page thread when werewolves were in standard up and down trying to get deck ideas.
I figured I had thought of all the angles, but now I'm thinking of messing with a selesnya build to abuse white tech with our green wolves. In particular the interaction between Eerie Interlude and Silverfur Partisan,as well as dodging boardwipes which destroy WWs imo.
The most aggro build I have come up with after years of tinkering is here:
SCORE: 12 | 9 COMMENTS | 3214 VIEWS | IN 9 FOLDERS
. Consider, I play on a budget and not exactly competitive,
Look forward to brewing with yall.
Cheers clayperce and thanks for tagging me.
September 18, 2016 3:21 a.m.
One I had kicking around a while back:
SCORE: 28 | 52 COMMENTS | 3931 VIEWS | IN 12 FOLDERS
And a slightly more out there Izzet deck:
SCORE: 35 | 41 COMMENTS | 4087 VIEWS | IN 7 FOLDERS
September 18, 2016 5:51 a.m.
Here my take on werewolves:
Werewolves of the old innistrad are good, the new ones are just weak. the new werewolves focus too much on the day side, and for balance reasons their night sides are just weaker.
Sadly this makes both faces just OK, and that is not enough in modern.
Now that is out of the way, what can make the tribe viable (werewolves must flip, and stay on the night side):
- Either we need to limit to need to limit the number of spells that can be cast with thing like Ethersworn Canonist, Rule of Law... etc.
- Or put cards in play, with things like Birthing Pod(its sadly banned), AEther Vial - however at least playset of such permanents is desirable (or some effect to tutor them early)
September 20, 2016 5:53 p.m.
I just put together a red/green agro wolves (not werewolves, just wolves) modern deck yesterday. I still need to get the actual cards together, but I've started testing it playing my brother online using a computer program.
SCORE: 3 | 16 COMMENTS | 144 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
September 30, 2016 10:42 p.m.
October 2, 2016 10:31 a.m.
October 4, 2016 1:55 p.m.
Thanks clayperce for the awesome thread and werewolf resources! currently brewing my first werewolf deck and stumbled upon this thread :D definitely will add this thread in my deck description!
My question to my fellow werewolf brewers is what is the general consensus/opinion on Instant speed spells support/utility spells such Lightning Bolt or Destructive Revelry versus using permanents with similar effects such as Seal of Fire or Seal of Primordium?
also with staying in colors anyone have suggestions similar to Trinisphere to reduce and or punish opponents for casting multiple spells?
October 6, 2016 4:50 p.m.
Y'all probably know this, but I wanted to post this article about CoCo just in case.
TL;DR: "I'd want 22 hittable creatures at the very least before putting Collected Company in my main deck. This gives a 5% chance of missing completely, a 21% probability of hitting one creature, and a 74% probability of hitting two creatures."
October 7, 2016 6:23 a.m.
Hey Y'all. Still working on this all wolf//no-were tribal. Here's its latest incarnation. Would love some feedback.
Basically just a trample deck with elements of token production and removal.
October 17, 2016 7:01 p.m.
Just found this thread and since I've been playing werewolves all the way back when they came out in the original Innistrad, I believe it's about time I found somewhere to post the current build for my deck.
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 326 VIEWS
The deck is budgeted but any and all suggestions are welcome. Will definitely be adding a link to this thread in the description!
October 17, 2016 8:21 p.m.
This was my crown jewel for a while before delving deeply into standard. Could you guys give me some pointers as to how to improve this deck? Thank you!
SCORE: 5 | 14 COMMENTS | 1454 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
November 8, 2016 7:21 p.m.
It's a minor point, but not everyone on this thread is a guy. And sure, "guys" in a gender-neutral term in a lot of places ... but not everywhere. :-)
November 9, 2016 1:47 p.m.
I am working on a Humans deck with a small Werewolves subtheme. Would love some advice from my fellow wolves.
November 16, 2016 3:20 p.m.
Ive made yet another wolf tribal deck. This time with evasion and long game on the mind. Would love some feedback.Wolves of Eidolon
November 24, 2016 2:13 a.m.
Finished making this modern werewolf deck on MTGO. Works pretty well for a wolf deck.
SCORE: 1 | 2 COMMENTS | 24 VIEWS
December 23, 2016 4:17 p.m.
Just updated my wolf deck;
SCORE: 11 | 7 COMMENTS | 1197 VIEWS | IN 6 FOLDERS
to include a playset of the new Metallic Mimic and an upgraded sideboard that's now less budget friendly. Comments and suggestions of all kinds are appreciated.
January 12, 2017 1:54 p.m.
I would love help placing some Moonlight Hunt in this deck. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-hunters-moon-rises-1/(deck hyper link wasnt working some reason)
January 13, 2017 9:36 p.m.
i need some ideas to counter flying in my deck, any ideas? The Hunters Moon Rises