This combo can create infinite squirrel tokens. It requires you to control a land. The critical thing to note is that Earthcraft just needs you to tap a creature; it doesn't matter if it has haste.
- Control both Earthcraft and Squirrel Nest at the same time. Squirrel Nest can enchant any basic land, probably a Forest.
- Activate the ability Squirrel Nest grants the enchanted land to create a 1/1 token.
- Activate the ability of Earthcraft and tap the newly made token to untap the enchanted land.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you reach an arbitrary number of your choice.
1 year ago
Corpse Knight also opens up the Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest combo as a finisher now too. I've been running it in mine too. And Brought Back can be used as a combo with Eternal Witness , Blood Artist and Phyrexian Altar .
1 year ago
I think cruel celebrant is fine. It does do the same thing essentially, I just prefer the zombie knight because it also opens up the Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest to win on the spot as opposed to hoping for a turn cycle.
1 year ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
2 years ago
Sorry found the deck list before I found the post.
I'm sure there's better ways to make tokens but these are the ones that came to mind
2 years ago
I like the spoiler season personally, for MTG exclusively, but I understand the desire to not spoil things. I'm with Silverdrake in that I am very fond of the Thesaurus feature. Also, it isn't the best combo on the planet, but I quite like Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank haha. Also, you mention the best combo earlier in the list, but not actually in the combo section. :p Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest
2 years ago
What about Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest ?
3 years ago
Very surprised with this amount of ramp and token creation that no one has suggested Craterhoof Behemoth or + ... kind of on the high dollar end, i guess. Quirion Ranger and Wirewood Symbiote may be nice for the untapping of mana dorks or Rhys when you can double-double. Awakening wins me games even though it sometimes helps my opponents a little. Heavy green and low gold cards, you may even consider Hall of Gemstone which obliterates blue removal on your turn and multi-color generals (plus it doesn't effect your creature-made mana so you have fixing on other people's turns!). I run Selfless Spirit and Dauntless Escort to protect me against sweepers--theirs and mine. Joraga Treespeaker might be nice for those weenies sitting around without abilities on your build-up turn (and could easily replace Fyndhorn Elder as it is almost strictly better)
For this many elves and tokens, I think Joraga Warcaller and Hour of Reckoning could be win conditions for you. I also think March of Souls is more potent sweeper than Phyrexian Rebirth but it does give your opponents some creatures (yours tend to be bigger and more of them, though).
Just suggestions. I'm stealing your infinite combo and some of your commentator's suggestions! (And Epic Struggle. Didn't even know that existed. Lol!) +1!