|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, exile your hand face down.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return all cards exiled with Bottled Cloister to your hand, then draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bottled Cloister Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Bottled Cloister seems fantastic for the deck theme.
1 month ago
Nice. The deck will collapse to combo and creatureless strategies- I'll reccomend something like Ghirapur Orrery/Bottled Cloister or similar to help search out those avengers while spending all that mana.
Muse Vessel/Thought Prison/Orbs of Warding/Damping Matrix/Pithing Needle/Witchbane Orb might go a long way to improving the matchup. I'd consider Sylvan Caryatid maindeck, the extra point in toughness isn't massively important except when facing Anger of the Gods. Skinshifter has a lot of potential here.
3 months ago
Running pain lands for their colourless tap ability is functional, not sure what to reccomend changing in the lands themselves. I feel like some more draw card rather than just advantage tools will be important with such a strong removal suite- Painful Truths replacing hangerback could net some cards, or Phyrexian Arena, helping maintain that removal suite and lands in hand into the midgame. The thing that is gonna hurt here is gonna be card discard suites; they are going to trade really well with you at the moment- I'd even consider Bottled Cloister just to combat that.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Wow, you are totally right. Then let me scrap this deck to 0.
If you are worried about those, there exists cards like Leyline of Sanctity, Ivory Mask, True Believer,Bottled Cloister, Spellskite, Brave the Elements, Rebuff the Wicked, Apostle's Blessing, etc. that may be a solution.
5 months ago
So the deck looks pretty good! I can see a good theme of aggressive creature that also do other stuff, like anthem all your creatures, so it looks like this can beat down pretty hard pretty quickly.
You mentioned that you find yourself in topdeck mode pretty often, and I can see why. I usually aim for 10-14 cards that draw more cards, and I only see 2 here (Staff of Nin and Reforge the Soul.) A lot of people will say that Boros just can't draw spells, but those people are wrong. Now, Boros isn't the most efficient at drawing cards, but it's not out of their reach. Get ready for a wall of text, because here are all your options:
Pursuit of Knowledge, Sorcerer's Strongbox, Slate of Ancestry, Dreamstone Hedron, Magus of the Wheel, Knollspine Dragon, Commune with Lava, Wheel of Fortune, Wheel of Fate, Mentor of the Meek, Bygone Bishop, Stromkirk Occultist, Sin Prodder, Prophetic Flamespeaker, Outpost Siege, Chandra, Pyromaster, Chandra, Flamecaller, Well of Discovery, Urza's Blueprints, Tower of Fortunes, Thran Tome, Tamiyo's Journal, Sword of Fire and Ice, Skullclamp, Rogue's Gloves, Moonring Mirror, Mind's Eye, Mask of Memory, Loreseeker's Stone, Infiltration Lens, Illuminated Folio, Farsight Mask, Endbringer, Bottled Cloister, Bargaining Table, Book of Rass, and Angelheart Vial.
Of these, I'm going to suggest the following eight to bring your number up to ten (obviously Mind's Eye, Sword of Fire and Ice, Chandra, Flamecaller, and Wheel of Fortune are the absolute best, but they are all above $5, unlike the following cards):
- Mentor of the Meek
- Outpost Siege
- Chandra, Pyromaster
- Knollspine Dragon
- Magus of the Wheel
- Slate of Ancestry
- Mask of Memory
So what 8 cards to take out? Let's find out which are the least impact, and let's start from the highest cmc, because getting a lower curve is never bad.
- Captain of the Watch: This card is great in a soldier tribal, but too low impact in this deck, I think. With only 10 cards that get the boost from her, on average, it will only interact with 1-2 cards at a time.
- Lightmine Field: I can understand wanting some pillow fort, but there are plenty of options that don't affect your creatures too, and you are going wide, so this card hoses you pretty bad.
- Ajani Vengeant: His plus is very situational, and even though the other abilities are pretty good, him sometimes not doing anything until then is kind of a waste of a card here.
- Sword of Vengeance: I like having a lot of abilities to get the boost from cards like Concerted Effort, but I think this card is just too expensive for too little. None of the abilities are necessities in the deck to be on one creature.
- Skyknight Legionnaire: French vanillas are sometimes cool, but this one here is not worth 3 mana. There are better hasty creatures and better fliers for 3 mana, so I don't think its necessary to have them both on one creature since they don't really combo in any way.
- Lightning Talons: This pretty much has the flaws of both above cards, plus the fact that it's an aura means that it opens yourself to a 2-for-1.
- Godsend: This isn't really an equipment-themed deck, and there are better equipment for a deck going wide, like Sword of the Paruns. Overall, it's not a horrible card, but paying six mana to give a creature +3/+3 and exiling "deathtouch" doesn't seem that worth it here.
- Asha's Favor: Again with the keywords, and the auras, and the three mana!
So those are the 8 cards I would take out for the drawing cards.
If you are interested, here are some cards I think would definitely make this deck more resilient!
Secondly, there are a couple of super aggro cards for edh that I think you could take advantage of, although be wary because these can make you an early target if played too soon: Luminarch Ascension, Serra Ascendant, and Hero of Bladehold.
Lastly, every deck needs a couple of easy ways to pick off nasty creatures, so I would recommend using Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, and Darksteel Mutation (which turns off commanders!) as some pretty good spot removal cards.
Thanks, and good luck!