Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Rakdos, the Showstopper
Legendary Creature — Demon
When Rakdos, the Showstoper enters the battlefield, flip a coin for each creature that isn't a Demon, Devil or Imp. Destroy each creature whose coin comes up tails.
Recommendations View more recommendations
6 days ago
Good first draft! A few things to consider-
- Since Raphael, Fiendish Savior isn't modern-legal, you might want to consider some alternatives. Maybe something like Rakdos, the Showstopper could work in Raphael's place? It's pretty powerful removal and a strong body on its own, so it makes for a good finisher, and more importantly, it's allowed in the format.
- Try to look for better options for cards whenever you can. A few of the cards you're running have strictly superior alternatives that I would check out, for instance Blaze could be replaced by Fireball or Banefire.
- Set up a sideboard so that your deck will be a bit more alterable. Cards like Devils' Playground, Wild Slash, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator and Vengeful Devil might make good sideboard options.
Consider these, and I'm excited to see where you take the deck from here! Very interesting first iteration.
1 month ago
2 months ago
I'd like to build a Rakdos demon deck.
On EDHREC they listed Rakdos, the Showstopper and Rakdos, Lord of Riots as the 2 most played general for this tribe. The showstopper however is listed as the most played right now and I don't get why.
Other than being a MAYBE one sided wrath it doesn't do anything after unless I blink him while the lord of riots will always lower the cost of my demons if I can deal any damage.
Which one would be a better fit at the helm of the deck ?
5 months ago
What do you think about the demon Sower of Discord? He can help us finish the game with Fiery Emancipation/Archfiend of Despair. How has Rakdos, the Showstopper played out for you so far? Is he worth it?
In your deck description you write that Pestilence Demon is for controlling token decks. Has he any other use?
Would Mox Diamond be a good addition to the deck to come back after our lands are gone?
1 year ago
So far it's pretty much what I expected: A lot of Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom + Okaun, Eye of Chaos , a few Rakdos, the Showstopper , and some miscellaneous other EDH decks that contain a significant number of coin flip cards.
My current concern here is the conflation of Flip, the Kamigawa mechanic, with Coin Flip.
1 year ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
1 year ago
I am looking for some legendaries which can serve as the basis for multi-tribe decks. I am talking creatures like Rakdos, the Showstopper which can be the basis for a demon/devil/imp deck, or Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet for Zombies and Vampires.
I am specifically looking for cards who buff multiple tribes at ones. Anybody know any?