Rakdos, the Showstopper
Legendary Creature — Demon
When Rakdos, the Showstoper enters the battlefield, flip a coin for each creature that isn't a Demon, Devil or Imp. Destroy each creature whose coin comes up tails.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Rakdos, the Showstopper Discussion
2 months ago
So far it's pretty much what I expected: A lot of Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom + Okaun, Eye of Chaos , a few Rakdos, the Showstopper , and some miscellaneous other EDH decks that contain a significant number of coin flip cards.
My current concern here is the conflation of Flip, the Kamigawa mechanic, with Coin Flip.
2 months ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
6 months ago
I am looking for some legendaries which can serve as the basis for multi-tribe decks. I am talking creatures like Rakdos, the Showstopper which can be the basis for a demon/devil/imp deck, or Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet for Zombies and Vampires.
I am specifically looking for cards who buff multiple tribes at ones. Anybody know any?
8 months ago
So yesterday I asked what my impmander should be either Blim, Comedic Genius or Rakdos, the Showstopper, and overwhelming people choose Rakdos so that what I'm going with. Now I'm asking for mean spirited "Prank" cards or trickery cards in the flavor as Cruel Entertainment. It's fun it mean and it has some minor political intrigue, and that what I'm looking for fun but mean pranks to pull on people like an imp deck should be. Link to my deck Here
Impish Delight- It's still not finished but has roughly 30 cards to fill with so pls help make sure that even the treats are tricks. Please.
8 months ago
What should i use for my imp tribalmmander?
Blim, Comedic Genius-is an imp so synergy is there. has an okay effect but i feel that it's a build around effect and won't help the tribal much but it also has flavor
Rakdos, the Showstopper- is a demon so no synergy with the tribe but his effect is much more helpful than Blim's to the tribe as a whole but feels less flavorful at the same time.
Now flavor is nice but not over important just stating my thoughts
Any ideas to make this more Tricky and mean spirited pranks are welcome
Also should I add devils as well as both devils and imps? As both are pranksters that cause harm.
11 months ago
Parun of Golgari was Svogthir, a Lich Elf.
Svogthir, Devkarin Lich
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elf
As long as Svogthir, Devkarin is in your graveyard, if your would draw a card, Dredge Svogthir instead.
Sacrifice two other creatures: Regenerate Svogthir, Devkarin Lich.
At the beginning of your endstep, if you control no other creatures, transform Svogthir, Devkarin Lich.
Svogthir, Lich Transcendant
Legendary Planeswalker - Svogthir
+1: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand, Dredge 2.
0: Create a 1/1 black and green Plant Zombie creature token with "Exile a creature card in your graveyard: put a +1/+1 counter on this creature."
-5: Return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
Okay, so the Paruns left are:
- : Obzedat, Ghost Council/Ghost Council of Orzhova(Incl. Karlov, Enezesku, Fautomni, Vuliev, and Xil Xaxosz)
- : Mat'Selesnya (Voiced by Trostani, Selesnya's Voice/Trostani Discordant
- : Szadek, Lord of Secrets
- : The First Simic (Yeah, if you have a better name go with it, but idk?)
- : Cisarzim, the Lord of Chaos (Seems to have been a cyclops)
- : Rakdos the Defiler/Rakdos, Lord of Riots//Rakdos, the Showstopper
1 year ago
Sorry, a bad typo above. I mention only having one other demon in the first paragraph. It is based on my comment in the second paragraph on Rakdos, the Showstopper and should have been placed there.