Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow
Farmstead Gleaner doesn't untap during your untap step.
, : Put a +1/+1 counter on Farmstead Gleaner. ( is the untap symbol.)
9 months ago
zAzen7977 Glad you like it :D
In my testing thus far, barring interaction, it usually plays Trazyn t2-t3 and wins the following turn.
- Between the lines being somewhat unintuitive and being able to win on top of interaction, the deck is hard to interrupt.
- Interaction before we're set up hurts, but there are so many ramp effects we can usually pay command tax once or twice before getting truly stuck.
- Counterspells/removal on nonTrazyn cards usually don't matter as it just sets us up better to combo (ie an opponent counters a Mana Vault while we're sitting on a Pili-Pala kind of thing).
- These are pretty bad if they're aimed at Trazyn, but between discard, spells that draw counters (like Oppo Agent) and a lack of knowledge about his power, I usually see them deployed on the wrong cards.
- I play online (and thus against random people), but if you wanted to run this in a dedicated pod, more hand check would probably be good over Rocket Launcher and a couple other duplicate combo pieces to help clear the way for Trazyn once others know what's up.
- Stax is an interesting matchup. They can usually shut us out of comboing pretty quickly, but Trazyn is a 4/6 deathtouch, and the deck runs many big critters, so I can usually beat them to death and immediately win at instant speed.
- If anyone ever kills the stax pieces stopping us Trazyn can combo over anything opponents could do given we have Farmstead Gleaner or Pili-Pala. Even if we don't it's unlikely anyone has multiple piece of removal after removing stax pieces.
- It is worth noting that Drannith Magistrate and Collector Ouphe completely shut us down, but other common pieces are blank cardboard (like Grafdigger's Cage).
- As it's CEDH you don't really see much removal, but Patchwork Gnomes, Welding Jar and multiple haste effects mitigate what little there is
- If he is removed, it's usually pretty easy to recast Trazyn given how many ramp cards in the deck.
- This is probably the worst matchup. If an opponent goes off before Trazyn is set up, there's nothing we can do about it. I usually hope that another opponent has interaction.
- Amusingly, Brain Freeze wins us the game if Trazyn is on the field, but Thoracle lines usually end poorly.
- When using discard to fish out counterspells, I try to target blue black players over other blue players to try and mitigate the risk of dying to Thoracle/Consultation if casting Trazyn goes poorly.
I think of the couple dozen games I've played thus far, my only losses were to a t2 Thoracle/Consultation, Gitrog with Collector Ouphe on the battlefield, a Chisei, Heart of Oceans playing way too many counterspells, and a wild game where no one drew anything until t30ish.
The best comparison for this deck is probably Turbo K'rrik. On average this list is slightly slower than K'rrik, but more resilient and less familiar, which gives us a slightly better game against interactive decks.
This was a lot, but I hope it answers your question!
3 years ago
3 years ago
Lots of combos are possible with Zirda, the Dawnwaker.
Voltaic Construct for infinite artifact creature untapping.
Gemstone Array for infinite mana.
Caravan Escort to instantly level up.
Juju Bubble for infinite life.
Shield of the Ages to become invincible (Assuming your opponent doesn't win some other way)
And I am sure someone can find a combo with Farmstead Gleaner.