Artifact Creature — Golem
: Target artifact creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
: Target artifact creature gains your choice of flying, trample, or haste until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Uncommon|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Golem Artisan Discussion
4 months ago
Lots of combos are possible with Zirda, the Dawnwaker.
Voltaic Construct for infinite artifact creature untapping.
Gemstone Array for infinite mana.
Caravan Escort to instantly level up.
Juju Bubble for infinite life.
Shield of the Ages to become invincible (Assuming your opponent doesn't win some other way)
And I am sure someone can find a combo with Farmstead Gleaner.
4 months ago
To add all of that, I would take out 7 Wastes, Mishra's Bauble, Profane Memento, Thought Prison, Sun Droplet, Mishra's Bauble, Horn of Greed, Golem Artisan, Suspicious Bookcase(swap for Manifold Key, forgot about this beauty earlier), the Kaldra equipment can go (not enough tutoring), Pristine Talisman, swap Orazca Relic for Mind Stone, Oblivion Sower, and two more cards... but that's where it gets really difficult... maybe Skullclamp and Pilgrim's Eye? Your call.
8 months ago
I was hooked on vehicles from the get go. Here's my vehicle edh deck. Shameless plug I know but why not show it off in the light of this article. Creatures with the Inspired mechanic work great for vehicles. King Macar, the Gold-Cursed , Sphinx's Disciple , Oreskos Sun Guide and others are great additions to vehicle centric decks. Like mentioned in the above article, some of the pilots of Kaladesh: Gearshift Ace , Ovalchase Daredevil , Speedway Fanatic ... Not to mention some of the artificers in the same block. They all mesh to create a cohesive deck that's a blast to "pilot" ; ) Some other creatures worth mentioning are as follows: Hateflayer , Golem Artisan , Night Market Lookout , Mishra's Self-Replicator , Throne of the God-Pharaoh . And Mirrorworks cuz why not, right? Of course these are for the commander or modern minded players.
I don't mean to steal the spotlight berryjon but I just couldn't hold back. The potential that vehicles hold is fun to witness unfold and I can't wait to see what WotC has in store for future releases. Keep up the Pattern Recognition articles..I always look forward to them.
VEHICLES ARE AWESOME!
1 year ago
Karn is such a great commander, always good to see what others are doing with him. Out of interest do you not find yourself flooded bearing in mind how many excellent colourless rocks there are, the fact that there are no ways to ramp out more than one land a turn and that one is just a dead draw later in the game? In mine A Gathering of Golems I only run 25 - which I admit is pretty edgy - but 40 is more than I'd put in a normal multicoloured EDH deck. Even straight swapping five for more rocks or creatures that tap for mana would synergise more with any "artifact matter" cards and can be animated to swing for damage in a pinch. I reckon Voltaic Construct and Golem Artisan are essential Karn picks as well. Sounds like you got lucky at the pre-release too, I'd be jealous but I got an Ugin so can't complain!
1 year ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
2 years ago
Some cheap power boosters you may be missing out on (do take note that there really isn't any expensive versions of these effects in colorless that I could find):
Golem Artisan, Leering Emblem, Scroll of the Masters, Sword of the Chosen, Tower of Champions (very expensive, but worth?), Energy Chamber, Power Conduit (only if you altered your build use the prior card I'd say), and Puffer Extract (if you're feeling desperate)
I would recommend more "pull lands from the deck" type of ramp as well, but that is a personal preference and you my not find it works for you.
2 years ago
Cantrips are actually very good, imo. It helps me run low land count, and it helps more often that you'd think in your combo turn by untapping everything with the engine in play. They are very useful at all stages in the game!
2 years ago
Bangerang. You defiantly have an Arcum deck here. I run a Golem Artisan for the lols when you make a Shield Sphere a million/million. Check it out! Also, how have all the cantraps worked for you? Picked up a Su-Chi for testing too.