|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Planeswalker — Tezzeret
+1: Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal an artifact card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
-1: Target artifact becomes a 5/5 artifact creature.
-4: Target player loses X life and you gain X life, where X is twice the number of artifacts you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ironax , Axtel , RubyStrings , Vasbear1 , Dredgar , gildan_bladeborn , miracle , AlucardZain , Kiortio , Skulldrey , warcry02 , asceveris , FoamEagle , ecurps|
|Want (7)||Spinalripper , VampSlayer , Oloro_Magic , Razulghul , Ariumlegion , Nemesis , KB2187|
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas Discussion
6 days ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
1 week ago
Hi! Neat idea! I really like it! +1!
I've got some good ideas for ya:
Zur the Enchanter will tutor for Arcane Adaptation. You could probably make him the commander for a guaranteed shot at Adaptation every game. I suggest you do that.
Here's my suggestion for an add on to the combo: Intruder Alarm. Now your combo is Near-infinite. IIIIIIIIF you make the Turbine a creature so it untaps when you grab a creature. This can be done with Ensoul Artifact(can be grabbed by Zur!), March of the Machines, Sydri, Galvanic Genius, Karn, Silver Golem, Toymaker, Tezzeret the Seeker (useful otherwise too), Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Karn's Touch, Xenic Poltergeist... you get the point. All the creatures would be Adapted Myr so they still help with the game plan. This side combo will make your main combo more powerful, allowing you to get all or your creatures rather than just one. Also you will additionally get infinite mana if you have a free mana-dork out. Something to consider.
Now regardless if you go with the side combo, you'll need a robust tutor package for consistency. Zur and a few others I've mentioned help, but here's some more: Enlightened Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Razaketh's Rite, Demonic Collusion, Drift of Phantasms, Dimir Machinations, Mastermind's Acquisition, Brainspoil, Fabricate, and Beseech the Queen are all solid options.
Hope some of this helps! Let me know if you like or can't figure out the combo!
1 week ago
out lists our similar (5 Color Wombo Combo) except i dropped gargodon and i run Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. The only thing I would change is drop to one mountain in favor of another expanse, everyhting else is just personal preference. Glad to see someone else rock this janky archtype!!
2 weeks ago
AlwaysSleepy for my deck there are a few things I have questions about.
For right now Candelabra of Tawnos, Timetwister, Underground Sea, Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Transmute Artifact are out of my budget. (I am currently unemployed but will make the changes to the deck as I can).
I do think the lower cmc, storming route is faster and more consistent than what I am currently playing. Cuts that I think are quite obvious are Dig Through Time, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, and probably Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Gilded Drake, Clever Impersonator, Spellskite, Damnation, and Trophy Mage if I cut the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo as well.
I have read your opinion on the combo as you think it is not necessary and I'm finding with 5 possible methods for infinite the deck is kind of cluttered.
I have been trying to make changes and will be putting Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, and Lotus Petal back in, I also really like how you have Dark Petition and I think I will definitely be adding it to my list since I don't have the other tutors. How do you also feel about Diabolic Tutor in my list since I have budget restraints?
Also , I am curious what is your opinion on Mishra's Bauble? Do you think it would find a place in our decks? Or is it a bad cEDH card for deck thinning and cantrip draw?
I would absolutely love to have a chat with you on discord or some type of voice communication to talk about your deck and the playstyle too since quite honestly I was trying to avoid storm at the beginning of my career as I thought it was too intense and that I would not understand it.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
A few cards that seem like auto-includes:
Tormenting Voice for the Ugin interactions
Cruel Ultimatum because the art is amazing
Maybe some Liliana card
This deck seems really really really cool, upvote from me!
3 weeks ago
There are a ton of fun cards and synergies here - it's like Affinity's big sibling.
My primary concern is speed. I think this would be a super fun deck to play in a playgroup or meta full of brews, but at an FNM, I think you might feel a step behind some other decks.
Imagine if you melded this with an Affinity list and played several 0- and 1-drop artifact creatures like Memnite, Ornithoper, and Signal Pest.
Then add in several Chief Engineer and, say, a few Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage cards.
Then add in Welding Jar and Cranial Plating.
Then add in, maybe, a Platinum Angel, a Platinum Emprion, and any 2-4 1-ofs from your favorite bombs up above (definitely include a Colossus).
You might even have room for some Thoughtcast and removal like Fatal Push.
I'd also rebalance your land-base towards cards that come in un-tapped so you can have a speedy start. Glimmervoid, Mox Opal, and Inkmoth Nexus are all helpful, but also big investments to trade towards or buy.
A possible FNM list (though you could go further toward Affinity if you wanted):
- 4x Chief Engineer
- 4x Memnite
- 4x Ornithopter
- 4x Signal Pest
- 2x Trinket Mage
- 1x Big critter
- 1x Big critter
- 1x Big critter
- 1x Big critter
- 4x Welding Jar
- 4x Thoughtcast (or Thirst for Knowledge)
- 2x Fatal Push or another removal spell (or Boomerang?)
- 2x Go for the Throat or Doom Blade
- 6x Flex spots (maybe Ensoul Artifact, Etched Champion, Path to Exile, Whir of Invention, Myr Enforcer, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Platinum Angel, Platinum Emperion, more big critters, or some of the artifacts you list above)
- 10x Island
- 5x Swamp
- 5x Plains
I'd play a deck like this at FNM to give yourself early blockers that are a threat with Plating until you can cast bigger creatures that might close the game. I'd go for broke casting your big monsters in a more casual setting. You can work towards quicklands, checklands, fetches, and shocks through trades and whatnot to develop the land-base further, but speed is good.
I hope some of those suggestions help! There are a lot of Affinity players out there who could give better advice :)