|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Betrayers of Kamigawa||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker
Legendary Creature — Spirit
Whenever a creature with power 1 or less is put into your graveyard from play, you may return that card to play under your control at end of turn if Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker is still in play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker Discussion
1 week ago
Twilight Shepherd is best friends with Teysa.
Baleful Eidolon early defense, and boosting to boot.
Belfry Spirit was made for teysa's ability.
Bygone Bishop gives great drawpower.
Celestial Kirin can be rediculously fun.
Crypt Ghast, ramp and extort, anyone?
Disowned Ancestor good early blocker that can grow.
Divinity of Pride just amazing!
Drogskol Cavalry makes spirits ang goves you life for it.
Ghost Council of Orzhova the OG Orzhov baddie.
Ghostblade Eidolon two words: double strike...
He Who Hungers hand-hate
Hopeful Eidolon early lifegain and boosting.
Infernal Kirin more hand hate
Kami of False Hope my favourite white 1-drop, and for a good reason.
Karlov of the Ghost Council if you have a subtheme of lifegain, then this guys is the BOMB
Kataki, War's Wage if you're not big on artifacts yourself, this guys is fantastic.
Kokusho, the Evening Star just amazing
Kyoki, Sanity's Eclipse even better hand hate
Lantern Kami cheap early air-control
Myojin of Cleansing Fire might be expensive, but I had to mention him.
Nikko-Onna solid enchantment hate
Obzedat, Ghost Council they're back. And better
Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens big beefy tokens? Yes please!
Revered Dead early awesome defense
Seizan, Perverter of Truth extra cards, at a price
To be continued...
1 week ago
WE NOW HAVE AN FAQ
- Fixed broken links.
I'm trying to make the following changes, but I'm getting ornithopers whenever try to make an edit that adds a decklist. Not sure what's causing that.
For now I'm just going to pretend like this isn't happening and carry on down here.
ajacobik, Ok, I checked out the Erebos list here you said you were talking out (T/O link here: [Primer] [Competitive] Erebos, God of Mana), and for fuck sake, that list is not optimized at all. The curve is WAY too high, there's not nearly enough ramp, and it's using bloated and unnecessary win conditions. I can see Erebos moving up to T3, but you got to provide a better example of a cEDH decklist, because that is not it.
HarroHunter, You're welcome.
On another note, would you like to make the example list for Savra that I was talking about? I can make it based on your Hapetra list if you don't want to, but I thought I should give you first chance on making the list.
Lilbrudder, Now that you've updated your Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck to include Protean Hulk and have a primer, do you still think Voidia's list should be the one in the description? Your's seems like the better deck to me at this point, and I can put it back if you want.
I'm also going to put your Thrasios / Vial Smasher list up on List of Partner Pairs by Tier.
The Ixlan spoilers keep coming:
- Gishark, Sun's Avatar is hugely overcosted Naya dinosaur tribal. T5. (If that actually is a 3 in it's mana cost it might be better.)
- Admiral Beckett Brass, Grixis pirate tribal. The stealing effect could actually be pretty neat control if satisfying the 3 pirate requirement isn't too much trouble. I'll reserve judgement.
- Kopala, Warden of Waves, Blue merfolk tribal. A mild tax that only effects your opponents' removal isn't really that great. T4.
- Mynea Frian, Dark Apostle... Mono-White vampires. That's cool I guess. Unfortunately it takes the tribe 100% out of it's preexisting card pool. T5.
Some other things I think are useful:
- Sorcerous Spyglass, new Pithing Needle crossed with GitProbe.
- Arcane Adaptation, Blue Conspiracy in blue, could push decks going for creature-type based combos.
- Tocaf's Honor Guard, Yet another Torpor Orb.
- Evaporating Melody a second Dominate for Mizzix.
- Revel in Riches, The alternate win con isn't likely to be relevant in cEDH, but turning all your opponents' dead creatures into Lotus Petals is pretty good at 2 mana.
- Shaper's Sanctuary Creature based green decks might like this to recoup cards. The fact that it includes abilities makes much more likely to draw for you than Karmic Justice. Also plays really well with Spellskite.
- Deadeye Tracker, This one's kind of interesting. Cheap gravehate that filters lands and can fill your yard. Reminds me of Deathrite Shaman a little. Might be worth it in Karador or something.
- Sunbird's Invocation, I'm not sure if this is 5R or 3R. If it's 5 it's trash, but at 4 cmc it might make it into some storm lists.
All in all I'm picking up a really strong tribal vibe from these leaks. Commander 2017 is also going to be tribal, so we might get some nice synergies between the 2 sets.
1 month ago
Needing Help! We just did a Commander Draft (randomly assigned 2-3 commanders, choose 1, then make a deck for it) and I got Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker. This is my first draft of the deck and I need some suggestions.
Commander / EDH*
1 month ago
Velly velly niiiiice! The mana curve is a thing of beauty. But how do you finish people off? Just grind them into the dirt with a neverending sequence of Zulaport Cutthroat triggers and Harmonic Slivers etc?
1 month ago
Got some random ideas...Axebane Guardian, Oathsworn Giant, Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa, Dusk / Dawn, Solar Tide, Mentor of the Meek, Grim Contest, Proper Burial, Angelic Chorus, Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker. Nice deck btw. Doran is so good.
2 months ago
jamindragons - Sidisi, Undead Vizier is an alternate search method for Thrumming Stone, and using Demon of Dark Schemes to bring back Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker would not bring back the Shadowborn Apostles...
2 months ago
2 months ago
That's not a problem, lol.
Geth is great at using opponents creatures against them, if you're looking into abilities like Puppeteer Clique. Again, though, hopefully you have a lot of the big mana black staples like Cabal Coffers and the like, because Geth is crazily mana hungry.
Though, if you're not against doing a two color deck versus a mono color (three colors is where things begin to get really expensive), Meren of Clan Nel Toth is great at reanimation strategies. Karador, Ghost Chieftain is most likely the strongest, but his deck would cost much more than Geth or Meren.
That's about all I have to suggest in the realm of reanimation strategies though. Hopefully that helped.