Please login to comment
If you really want to get to a higher power level, then I suggest you replace the big clunky artifacts at the top of your mana-curve with more efficient options. I also suggest upgrading your ramp package as there are a lot of sub-optimal mana-rocks too.
May 26, 2020 2:31 p.m.
Hiya! Your deck has a few rather glaring issues, so let me spell them out.
1) Your mana-curve is absurdly top heavy. I suggest some heavy readjustment to your mana-curve. Otherwise, you'll find your deck is really, really clunky.
2) You have very few ways to consistently generate card advantage. Look into ways to generate card advantage in Boros that synergize with your deck.
3) Your ramp is lower than it probably should be considering how high your mana-curve is, and your ramp is quite inefficient. I recommend putting in more ramp and make your ramp either two-mana mana-rocks (Boros Signet, Talisman of Conviction, etc.) or big mana-rocks (Gilded Lotus, Thran Dynamo, etc.).
4) White has the best removal in the game, and you're missing out on a lot of it. Efficient removal like Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile, Flexible removal like Generous Gift, some of the best board-wipes like Austere Command, both single-target removal and board-wipe in Winds of Abandon, and much, much more.
Boros is my favorite color combination, so let me know if you need help with card suggestions!
May 25, 2020 8:49 p.m.
May I recommend Mask of Memory? It's a great source of card draw that your deck would love. In addition, a copy of Open the Armory would be great to search either that or Sword of the Animist since both of those equipment give you much appreciated card draw and ramp.
May 25, 2020 8:38 p.m.
Hiya! Your deck has much fewer lands than it should. I recommend upping your land count to 38 lands.
May 25, 2020 8:32 p.m.
PJ! Good to see ya working on Winota.
My thoughts from watching the games you posted of the deck so far:
1) More ramp would be helpful, especially the zero mana ramp like the different legal moxen. Your ideal situation is having an early drop already out, getting out Winota early, and then swinging with the early drop. More early ramp will help with that.
2) Stax is definitely important in this deck, but I think the stax should be mostly confined to hatebears. You have to be really careful with how much you hurt yourself when it comes to stax, and most good hatebears are a lot less-symmetric than the artifact or enchantment hate pieces you're running. Remember, your decks advantage is running decks over before they can combo off, so you can't slow yourself down too much.
3) A bit more interaction would be helpful. Finding the room for the red counterspells seems worth it. Also, Cavern of Souls so that Winota doesn't get countered seems nice.
Keep at it! Thanks for all the great content!
May 25, 2020 8:17 p.m.
@Baraler not that I'm familiar with. 36-38 lands is the norm that I've seen across content creators and players that I've interacted with. This is assuming you're playing the London mulligan. People that play less than that typically admit they're that kind of player, but I've never heard them try and say it's the norm.
May 23, 2020 6:26 p.m.
How is 26 lands working? That seems abysmally low. There are 60 card decks that run 26 lands. How does the deck function with that low a land count?
May 23, 2020 2:01 a.m.
Hiya! Long time Aurelia player here, hope I can help out!
The first thing I see- you have 15 pieces of hard ramp in your deck, but only 31 lands. Especially considering your mana-curve, 31 lands is not enough. I suggest upping your land count to 38 and cutting a handful of ramp cards as you have so many. In particular, I don't think you need Seer's Lantern, especially considering you already have a copy of Sensei's Divining Top. I also don't think you need Walking Atlas as you don't have enough lands to support it consistently. In addition, if you want to pump out big angels, you'll want to have ramp that really puts you ahead. In particular, Thran Dynamo is an excellent choice to get you from 4 mana to 8 (provided you hit you land drop, which you want to do every turn).
The next thing- your deck's ways of generating card advantage aren't very consistent, they generate it typically in ways like getting lands to your hand, tutoring, making tokens, etc. Only 3 of them actually increase the amount of cards in general you have access to. You do have some of the best ones though like Mask of Memory, Magus of the Wheel, and Tectonic Giant (I typically count impulsive draw, the exile and you can play for the next turn as card draw since it practically increases your hand size). Mask of Memory is one of the best ways to draw cards in any aggressive deck- the problem is, you need smaller creatures to stick it on early so you don't have to wait- and the cmc of your creatures is really high. If you want to go angel reanimator with your deck, wheel effects is the best card draw for your deck. You already have a copy of Magus of the Wheel, you might also want to include Reforge the Soul and Wheel of Fate. The caution with Wheel of Fate is that it's awful late game. And of course, when you can afford it, Wheel of Fortune is the best- it's the original after all.
I would also balance your mana-curve. It's high in some places and really low in others.
Last of all, some cards I recommend. Winds of Abandon is one of the best pieces of removal for EDH that has been printed in a while. I definitely recommend adding it in. Heliod's Intervention is also incredible. If you need more tutors for equipment, Steelshaper's Gift is the best you can get. Lyra Dawnbringer is a great angel for angel tribal. Blasphemous Act is one of the best boardwipes in Boros colors for EDH.
Let me know if you need any more help! I also recommend DespairFaction. He has a YouTube channel known as Commander Replay and also has plenty of great decks here on tappedout.
May 8, 2020 3:16 p.m.
|Avg. deck rating||4.00|
|Suppressed formats||Standard, Legacy, Pre-release, MTGO, Unformat, Heirloom, Vintage, Archenemy, Planechase, Vanguard, Modern, Pauper, Noble, Casual, Hero, Block Constructed, Limited, Duel Commander, Tiny Leaders, Highlander, Magic Duels, Penny Dreadful, Frontier, Leviathan, 1v1 Commander, Pauper EDH, Canadian Highlander, Brawl, Arena, Oathbreaker, Custom|
|Good Card Suggestions||30|
|Last activity||14 hours|