4 days ago
I'm playing Ponza at an upcoming PPTQ, and I'd love your thoughts on sideboarding.
SCORE: 72 | 86 COMMENTS | 8117 VIEWS | IN 16 FOLDERS
Considering the current meta and especially the Tops 32s from Birmingham, Sao Paulo, and Richmond, here are my thoughts on sideboarding, based on the match-ups I'm expecting and my personal win percentage against them:
Mainboard is fine; no sideboard slots needed
- Bant Knightfall: 100% (2-0)
- UW Control: 83% (5-1)
- GBx Midrange: 80% (4-1)
- Jeskai Control: 75% (3-1)
- Death's Shadow: 70% overall (6-2 vs. Grixis DS, 1-1 vs. Jund DS)
Needs Artifact hate: 3x Ancient Grudge
- Affinity: 57% (4-3)
- RDW, 53% overall (1-0 vs. RW Burn, 3-1 vs. Mono-R Goblins, 2-1 vs. Mono-R Burn, 3-6 vs. Naya Burn)
- Eldrazi Tron: 50% (2-2)
- Gx Tron: 50% overall (1-0 vs. RG and mono-G, 0-1 vs. BG and GW)
- Titan Shift: 50% (1-1)
- Hatebears: 50% (1-1 vs. Mono-W)
- GW Company, ~50%? (It feels like 50% in testing, but I've never faced the deck IRL)
- UR Storm: 0% (0-2)
Based on all that, I'm thinking of a sideboard like this:
- 3x Ancient Grudge
- 1x Beast Within
- 1x Bonfire of the Damned
- 3x Kitchen Finks
- 1x Obstinate Baloth
- 3x Surgical Extraction
- 3x Trinisphere
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!
6 days ago
A spicy Sultai Infect brew (and some minor variants) made a bit of a splash last week on MTGO:
- CHILLINGLAUGE, 5-0 in Competitive Modern Constructed League (8/11/2017).
- IIXXJCXXII, 5-0 in Competitive Modern Constructed League (8/8/2017).
- IIXXJCXXII, #24 at MTGO Modern Challenge (8/6/2017).
SCORE: 1 | 60 VIEWS
Think this is just a one-hit wonder? Or is it the start of Infect's come-back tour?