Please login to comment
Well shit, this looks useful.
October 14, 2019 11:31 p.m.
October 14, 2019 11:30 p.m.
- Might be cool to play in a casual play group, y'know, until everybody refuses to play it.
- Shame rule 906.13 exists.
October 14, 2019 11:09 p.m. Edited.
- Could use more mana dorks.
- Nix the Guild Globe . It is actually a bad card. Replace it with a locket or cluestone.
- Atla Palani, Nest Tender is an incredibly good card. It should be in your mainboard, if not your commander.
- Huatli, Dinosaur Knight is an expensive card to cast, and its abilities aren't the best. You can easily fill its slot with Samut, Voice of Dissent . Haste and a strong creature is better than a planeswalker.
- Start considering the speed of the deck if you want to make it more aggro.
October 14, 2019 10:52 p.m.
- Keep in mind according to oathbreaker rules, Fae of Wishes adventure does not function unless you ask your playgroup if it is okay.
- Give Oko's ability to steal, giving creatures temporary power reduction might be in your best interest.
- Look into cards like Befuddle and Dwindle .
- Not sure if the mill effects are the best fit for Oko. Tamiyo, Collector of Tales synergizes with your signature spell better as well.
October 14, 2019 10:36 p.m.
- I didn't necessarily make this forum post to be a place for discussion, but I will acknowledge what you are saying and try my best to explain my thought process.
- Firstly, you are comparing Narset Windfall to other oathbreaker strategies that can win outright without the need to draw into their wincon.
- I'm referring to things such as Ral Reverberate and Freyalise Tokens.
- The strategy itself is most effective early game, but it is also a bad idea to go for the main strat early game as your opponent's will have the chance to develop and control you when it matters. For this reason, you need to control the board until you have the proper mana, which gives your opponent's time to develop. It's a double-edged sword.
- Narset Windfall is competitive like Kaalia of the Vast is competitive. Very good commanders until they are murdered.
- As for Will Kenrith and Rowan Kenrith : they can't very well be treated as the same tier, as one is objectively better than the other and they are two separate planeswalkers.
- If you are playing partnered Kenriths, you are most likely to play Will first because his abilities are better and directly work to play Rowan easier.
You got me on Huatli, though. I don't know why I put that in casual.
Hope those are adequate explanations.
October 14, 2019 5:23 p.m.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame is a really good burn card. I assume your budget is $150, so this might not fit considering it's roughly, idk, $7? But it is still worth considering.
- Switching your commander Purphoros, God of the Forge be a better option for burning your opponents, but I can see where there are better creature burn synergies with Torbran. Dwarven Driller and Goblin Chainwhirler being very good examples.
- Consider Moggcatcher for getting out Krenko.
October 14, 2019 4:22 a.m.
- Let's face it, The Tier List I made could use some work.
- Many of you have probably never seen it. It's the one that is updated with each subsequent magic set.
- I am but one young, small, manly child. I cannot maintain the list without help.
- Even the EDH Commander Tier List has multiple users contributing and maintaining it.
- I invite you all to view the deck's page and join the linked discord where you can contribute to discussion, and depending on your level of involvement in the community, you will become one of my very bested friends whom I will share the deck with.
- Oh yeah, and the grading rubric is going to be released soon. Thought you guys might want to see that eventually.
October 14, 2019 4:11 a.m.
Indeed. Another fine Mystery Wielder deck.
October 13, 2019 10:04 p.m.
- Seems like an more consistent strategy, albeit having more combo pieces. Seems like it works just as effectively on turn 4.
- I'm trying to stay more with the Ball Lightning flavor as opposed to any tribal mechanics. Early damage feels more effective and mentally taxing for my opponent, even if I don't win immediately. I also get to abuse Postmortem Lunge more.
- Thanks for the suggestions, though.
October 13, 2019 9:19 p.m.
Barun, Vicious Hunter
Legendary Planeswalker - Barun
+1 Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
-3 Draw a card for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
-8 You get an emblem with "Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it." Then create four 4/4 red orcs with haste.
Make a five color legendary creature with 3 activated abilities.
October 12, 2019 7:44 p.m. Edited.
Sliver and budget in a commander deck? Boi! W
The First Sliver is an objectively cheaper and better option than Overlord as you effectively get free slivers for each sliver you cast and the $$$ price is far less.
Morophon, the Boundless is also a cheap $$$ card that is an absolute must in a 5-color tribal deck.
Sliver Hivelord is not what I would call a budget card.
Your infinite combo requires a lot of pieces, and it (even with a tutor commander) is not likely going to be succeed due to the nature of the format. The cards synergize well, but there are simply too many of them to have the combo be a reliable win condition.
I assume you are avoiding using Sliver Queen for the same reason I put duct tape on my wallet.
Look for more synergies besides infinite burn. There are a lot of slivers that boost power. You will want a back-up strategy of simply beating your opponent's to death if you can't find what you need fast enough.
Oblig eshim ush. Ji ah kuliem ela. Shashi narun nah.
October 12, 2019 6:37 p.m.
I wish the card was a legendary creature. Would be fun. W
October 12, 2019 5:10 p.m.
- So you strategy is to essentially to have the counter triggers go off before your Mishra trigger so you can put the artifact on the field after it hits the graveyard. Was hard to discern for a second.
- I always wondered how this guy worked for commander. Now I know.
October 12, 2019 5:07 p.m.
- I think deciding upon a fixed strategy will help greatly. I can't really figure out what you're going for here other than legendary tribal aggro, and even then Lavinia, Azorius Renegade and Child of Alara are raising me questions.
- There's no direct win-con that I see.
- I can't really suggest any specific strategy either because I'm not you.
- What I can say is that if you want to run aggro, neglect control spells and board wipes and go for stuff that increases power and mana to cast big boys like Progenitus .
- If you want to run midrange, go for more cards like Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip.
- If you want to run control, lay down more legendaries like Lavinia. Zur might be good too.
October 12, 2019 12:33 a.m.
Prepare for a lot of words.
- If you want to make an "unstoppable" deck utilizing counters, you need to be aware of two things:
1. Counters are not a winning strategy.
2. You need to concentrate your strategy.
- Your current decklist has counters, time walks, infinite mana, potential infinite draw, and large amounts of ramp.
- You have no means to win by drawing yourself out, so infinite draw will not help you. In addition, your draw is already lacking.
- Infinite mana will only help you if you have the combo pieces. This is mono-blue, so finding combo pieces that are creatures or enchantments is going to be very difficult.
- Extra turns are always nice (except when they're not), but they will do very little if you need to tap out in order to get them. Currently, I see no advantage to taking any extra turns in this deck.
- The deck looks to be reliant on ramp in order to cast larger spells. Early game ramp looks to be minimal. Even with a large amount of mana early game, there doesn't seem to be a lot you can do with colorless mana.
If you want to utilize counters, pick a strategy:
- Artifact Stompy
- I would advise avoiding high cost spells for the sake of a single combo piece.
- Deadeye Navigator is not a winning strategy and you're not likely to draw into it or be able to play it early game.
- If you want to keep it for an Urza or Arcanis Combo, you really only need Peregrine Drake .
- Make use of merfolk or drakes because they are cheap and let you deal damage earlier.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner is good for both of these types.
- If you want to use more wizards, Patron Wizard gives them a lot more utility.
- Ramp can come in the form of Apprentice Wizard .
- Find some means to make your creatures unblockable and disincentivize your opponent's from attacking you.
- Time walks are good for mono-blue mill. You get more upkeep and draw steps, therefore you can mill more.
- This strategy will require more prison effects, but you will still be able to use your counters to prevent yourself from getting murdered.
- This doesn't seem like the strategy you want, however.
- Since you're running Urza already, you can combo everybody to death really easily.
- You can put all the colorless mana you produce to good use.
- Infinite mana is much easier to make with artifacts than "Deadeye Drake".
- Artifacts can be manipulated more effectively and there are a wide range of uses.
- You need more draw.
- A centered strategy.
- A way to best make use of your counter spell theme.
Good luck. Have fun. Don't rob a bank.
October 11, 2019 9:48 p.m.
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
October 10, 2019 3:10 a.m.
2 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
30 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 31 | 21 COMMENTS | 3949 VIEWS | IN 15 FOLDERS
SCORE: 1 | 3 COMMENTS | 52 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 COMMENTS | 38 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
7 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 4 COMMENTS | 313 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 7 | 13 COMMENTS | 1306 VIEWS
|Playing since||Battle for Zendikar|
|Avg. deck rating||7.83|
|Favorite formats||Commander / EDH, Oathbreaker|
|Suppressed formats||Standard, Legacy|
|Good Card Suggestions||37|
|Last activity||17 hours|