Please login to comment
Hello! Darksteel Garrison is indeed a very nice card. Aside from making the one land that matters in the deck indestructible, it makes the Griffin Canyon combo more potent. It allows the Griffin land to buff all other creatures (just by doing its thing which involves tapping it) in my battlefield for a 1-hit KO across the table.
Unfortunately, Inkmoth Nexus is a card I'm on the fence on. Sure it allows you to win games easily, but where's the fun in that? Although for more competitive metas, nexus takes the cake as best lands in the deck.
January 11, 2017 4:58 a.m.
Thanks! I'm glad you like the jankiness that this deck brings!
These are good card suggestions and I might as well give out my thoughts on them...
- Ring of Three Wishes/Tamiyo's Journal - while tutoring is good, these tutors might just be a little bit too slow and expensive to work on. At 5 mana, I might just be doing something to make an Island/Plains larger other than tutoring. Journal on the other hand is something that cannot be very useful at all in the incorrect shell. Trail of Evidence makes it worthwhile but that's another card I would need just to support a specific card.
- Sacred Ground - I did have this in the deck a while back but there are just very few instances that its effect activates. For starters, it doesn't protect lands against Blasphemous Act and the like. It cannot even protect your lands during combat. The card is just too narrow to warrant inclusion.
- Mirror Entity - used to be in the deck as well, together with Amoeboid Changeling and Imagecrafter. The reason I removed these changeling cards is that they are creatures and are easy to remove. Another reason would be because most of the time when Griffin Canyon is not online, they are dead cards at best. Infinite mana combos go well with Mirror Entity though. Hint: Altar of Dementia
- Turnabout/Windfall - both are very good inclusions and would benefit the deck no doubt. The problem is that I don't know which ones to replace for these. Maybe replace Mystic Speculation with Windfall? Turnabout is bonkers under specific circumstances, especially when you have both Sapphire Medallion and View from Above. Grow a land very large in a single turn. Doesn't even need to be the Griffin Canyon.
- Ghirapur Orrery - seems like a good card to help us ramp and stuff. However, we rarely find our self with an empty hand so the second effect seems moot.
All in all, here are the cards I'm looking to add from these suggestions:
Great suggestions overall! Keep them coming!
January 9, 2017 5:14 a.m.
Commander / EDH*
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 5 | 6 COMMENTS | 579 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
|Avg. deck rating||4.00|
|Helper Rank||None yet|
|Favorite formats||Commander / EDH|
|Last activity||5 days|