Please login to comment
The first things I would consider cutting from the list at the moment:
1) Declaration of Naught , as an EDH player I love this card, but I think it's a tad bit too cute for a combo deck like this where all of you counterspells can be used to protect Jace. Also I think it will be dead if not played on turns 1-2.
2) Sunder , I'm a HUGE fan of MASS LAND DESTRUCTION (even though everybody else just sits there and bitches about it, lol), but as I was play testing your list it felt as though the deck was trying to win within turns 3-5 where I don't think Sunder will be greatly beneficial, but more of a bad draw the majority of the time.
3) Dream Fracture , it just feels a bit clunky for this deck imo, how has it been for you?
May 19, 2019 2:51 p.m.
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
May 19, 2019 11:33 a.m.
LiquidGaming yep you definitely play my type of decks. Right now I'm still trying to put some finishing touches on a Modern Protean Hulk list I've been working on. I also just finished making a Skill Borrower combo list which seems legitimately good The Gob Kabob... breaking things that shouldn't be broken, lol. I've always had an interest in Legacy Delver, but can't find anyone to play some Legacy with at my LGS. And yes I play a TON of EDH. Since you seem to like my type of decks I would recommend you take a look at Kruphix, God of Horizons control combos, at first this card seems SO CHILL, but whenever I walk into my LGS to play some EDH... Player on my left: "we need to kill John first", Next Player: "we already know that", Player on my right: " Goblin Guide for turn, John I'll attack you". It's funny since it's actually come to the point of them making decks just to deal with Kruphix, God of Horizons .
May 19, 2019 1:09 a.m.
LiquidGaming thanks for responding to my suggestions fairly quickly, it's always good to understand how cards are working for other players so I don't give them too much credit. I'll look through some more cards and give you some more suggestions for the deck soon. Always love trying to find the best possible builds for a deck (isn't that every combo player though, lol).
BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite decks/formats? You seem like you like the type of decks I prefer to play so all suggestions for decks/formats to try to get into would be great.
May 18, 2019 10:29 p.m.
One thing you could possibly cut for Chain of Vapor is Time Spiral . Personally I'm a huge fan of wheel effects (one of my favorite card draw disruption methods), but even in EDH I have always found this card to be too costly. I mean if it gets countered you just lost a whole turn and as a combo control player I can just say that's a chance I would prefer to never take. The only group wheel effects I can think could be beneficial to this list are Windfall and Day's Undoing (the end turn clause on Day's Undoing you can just forget about, we play control their turns are our turns). Another card I would cut is Diminishing Returns , tapping down 4 lands on your turn to give everyone card advantage just says death for you against hyper aggressive builds. BTW, don't forget about Geier Reach Sanitarium , if you run Mikokoro, Center of the Sea then why not?
May 16, 2019 4:36 p.m.
LiquidGaming if you are playing Faerie Trickery as a counterspell for the exile ability on it you might want to consider Dissipate and Void Shatter . Another counterspell I would HIGHLY recommend is Rewind . At first it seems good just slightly too expensive, but I'll just say from my experiences with this card it's a 10/10 as a counterspell. BTW, even if you don't add both Dissipate and Void Shatter to this list I would recommend you cut Faerie Trickery for Void Shatter only for a few very minimal benefits ( Tarmogoyf , Red Elemental Blast , Pyroblast , Iona, Shield of Emeria , etc). The only possible downside to Void Shatter that I will bring up is that you can't pitch it too Force of Will , but your mono blue so this will probably never cause an issue. If you do find this to be an issue I would still recommend you change Faerie Trickery to Dissipate for the very minimal benefit of slowing Tarmogoyf .
BTW, nice list and if you would like me to take the time to list any/all possible upgrades/suggestions for your list I would be more than happy to do so. Just let me know if you would like me to make these suggestions or not.
May 16, 2019 4:16 p.m.
When I was taking a look at this list you have here I just started wondering is there a second ME out there. A ton of these cards are my pet cards that I have never seen anyone else play. A few things I would recommend adding to this deck are Squall Line and Toxic Deluge . One more card that I have always been impressed by that I recommend you add just for pure value is Herald of Leshrac , based on the cards on this list I bet 100% you will love this card forever after the first time you play it.
May 15, 2019 4:49 a.m.
Interesting deck idea, if you aren't on a budget or anything you might want to consider Imperial Seal and the OG Duals. Also you mention Necromancy in the description, but it isn't in the list. Also the average cantrips/card draw spells I would expect to see aren't here Ponder , Preordain , Gitaxian Probe , Street Wraith , Treasure Cruise , and Dig Through Time .
BTW, if you are one of those players who loves to build decks that just "somehow" turn the game into archenemy and have a ton of synergy and back up plans in them, like this, I would highly recommend you try building Kruphix, God of Horizons . I'm one of these players that loves decks like these and I've gotta say this card looks so chill the first time you see it, but every time I go to my LGS to play EDH everyone just looks at each other and says: Player to my left: "Not Kruphix... We need to kill John first." Next player: "We already know that." Player of my right: " Goblin Guide for turn. Go to combat, John I'll attack you."
May 14, 2019 9:41 a.m.
The first cuts I would recommend for this deck would be Laboratory Maniac and Arcane Denial . Yes, it is always good to have a back up plan in your deck (lab man), but I really don't think t is needed here since the cards in your command zone pretty much say: "2UUUU, you win the game" (if played correctly). Next Arcane Denial , as an EDH player I love the card, but in a 60 card format (actually 58) I think it gives your opponent too much card advantage. (One cute little trick to remember about Arcane Denial is that you can treat it as: "discard a cantrip and pay 1UU, draw three cards" if the cantrip costs U.) Another thing I would think about adding is Gitaxian Probe since it cycles through your deck and gives knowledge of an opponent's hand for just 2 life.
BTW, you make a fair point about the issue the fetchlands may cause, but on the flip side you could build you deck in the sense that you are in a 53 card format ( Jace, Wielder of Mysteries , Paradigm Shift , Gitaxian Probe , Misty Rainforest , Scalding Tarn , Flooded Strand , and Polluted Delta ) and then that would make it easier to balance the quantities of the rest of the cars in the deck.
May 14, 2019 9:18 a.m.
First, in commander you can't have planeswalkers as commanders. Second, (I'll stop trolling now, lol) It doesn't seem you have a budget here so why not add Misty Rainforest , Scalding Tarn , Flooded Strand , and Polluted Delta for the extra shuffle effects and minimal deck thinning. Some other possible additions: Windfall , Tolarian Winds , and Scroll Rack . Oh yeah and don't forget in commander we can use planeswalker as commanders (shout out to Teferi, Temporal Archmage ).
May 14, 2019 6:15 a.m.
You don't know how happy I am whenever I see another fan of... ELDRAZI TRIBAL!!! First thing I want to say is that Primeval Titan and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn are banned in EDH (sorry EMMY). Before I start listing upgrades/good additions to this list I will say that I'm not gonna go name any of the Moxes ( Chrome Mox , Mox Diamond , etc) as good additions because they are 100% not needed, but just good investments for the future. (Things like Mana Crypt , Mana Vault , Fetchlands, and Grim Monolith go along with the Moxes.)
What I would add that I think would really benefit the deck a lot:
2) Put more 2 cmc ramp cards in (the first thing I would change on this list), Fellwar Stone , Selesnya Signet , Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Farseek , Nature's Lore , Three Visits (this one's a bit pricey), Into the North (only if you switch to Snow-Covered Plains and Snow-Covered Forest , they also make your Extraplanar Lens better)
BTW, I could list a bunch of other upgrades, but these are the ones I think will be most beneficial to your deck. If you would like me to write a full list of everything I would add from most beneficial to least I will gladly do that, but let me know if you have a budget on the cards you would like me to list first. Have a nice day and long live the ELDRAZI!!!
May 9, 2019 7:38 p.m.
I could be wrong about how much some of the things I'm am going to list may effect your deck, but these are my thoughts on your list.
1) Cut the FETCHLANDS. Yes this seems like a bad idea at first, but as a three color deck with so much card draw in it already they don't provide much help with mana fixing. Okay, but then you say they thin the deck. Yeah they do, but they hurt all of your bottom deck manipulation making all of your Serum Visions , Opt , and Sleight of Hand even more mediocre than they already are.
2) Cut 1 Reveillark . I started my list with two, but I found with so much card selection I could always find a way prevent myself from drawing at least one and that's all you need in the library for the combo to work. Something to remember also is that since you have so many discard outlets drawing Reveillark will never be a problem for you. All you have to do is discard the one Reveillark in your deck and use Protean Hulk to find Viscera Seer and Body Double , Body Double enters as Protean Hulk , sac the new Protean Hulk (aka Body Double ), find Mogg Fanatic and another Body Double , have the new Body Double enter as a copy of Reveillark , and proceed to loop the Mogg Fanatic and Body Double for the win.
May 5, 2019 11:12 p.m.
May 5, 2019 10:54 p.m.
SCORE: 3 | 7 COMMENTS | 203 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 21 VIEWS
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 78 VIEWS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 8 COMMENTS | 184 VIEWS
SCORE: 3 | 9 COMMENTS | 114 VIEWS
|Avg. deck rating||2.33|
|Good Card Suggestions||27|
|Last activity||4 days|