Please login to comment
Someone in my playgroup recently switched up Damia for Yarok, the Desecrated in his Lands Matter deck - it was obscene (and hilarious) that he almost decked himself between Guardian Project , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , Scapeshift and Squandered Resources . The lands matter theme is a good one for sultai and as olivebagel says, go for a Torment or VW finisher!
July 17, 2019 11:46 a.m.
Hi, nice deck - one of our playgroup has an Oketra deck and it is serious stuff.
I'll start by seconding the inclusion of Hall of Heliod's Generosity , probably just drop a plains.
Other Lands - Cryptic Caves if you think you can handle another colourless source, and New Benalia is handy if you don't need rocket speed. Homeward Path is probably a meta-call and could be unnecessary.
As for suggestions;
I'd also like to recommend Odric, Lunarch Marshal so your team gets Double Strike from the big-O and Vigilance from her zombies, as well as probably Flying! He'd be the perfect replacement for the dropped Skirmisher.
Luminarch Ascension is a beating in Commander if you can drop it and defend it.
Suggested cuts for the above with a bit of reasoning:
- Dictate of Heliod (The impact isn't much in the grand scheme of things and you'll rarely Flash it in for a blow-out turn. Cathars' Crusade is way better and will win you more games)
- Dreamstone Hedron (already expensive before it ramps you)
- Staff of the Sun Magus (there's plenty of life gain without this)
- Archangel of Tithes (I don't think your tax effects constitute a sub-theme enough for this to be making life too hard for your opponents, i.e. you don't have a lot of traditional accompanying 'pillow fort' things)
- Angel of Jubilation is also a bit of a meta-call as a potential cut for something.
Hope you do well with the deck! GLHF