Commanders by Power Level [EDH Tier List]

Commander / EDH* thegigibeast

SCORE: 2474 | 9371 COMMENTS | 3298822 VIEWS | IN 1009 FOLDERS

kayakenobi says... #1

I always find it funny that people like to talk about why their deck isn't in the top tiers. OTOH I always find it funny how the curators on this list only thinks that decks that run Oracle Consult is the only top tier deck when, while good, is still not the best deck out there. Since these people don't play decks with Marath, which btw, is still competitive, is frowned upon because it somehow doesn't run blue. Same with Korvold, since it doesn't run blue, must mean it's somehow worse than others. I find it funny that their god tier is all the rage with Oracle Consult when it is rather easily beaten back by any deck on the lower tiers. In other words, take this list with a grain of salt because even Urza is no longer considered to be god tier because it doesn't also have black in it.

December 29, 2020 10:47 p.m.

Mahonosekai says... #2

I guess someone should do another list and keep it updated because this one doesn't seem to be updated any time soon :v

December 30, 2020 10:18 p.m.

Eternal77 says... #3

@ mahonosekai try

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-commanders-in-edh-tier-list/

Much better list then this one and up to date.

December 31, 2020 2:39 p.m.

Eisstrum says... #4

Just wondering why Teshar, ancestors apostle is not higher on the list as he has turn 1-2 win possibly with very consistent 3-5 turn win and is one the most resilient decks I have played. It has never lost to near maxed out kranko, mod boss who is in a higher tier. Though my Teshar is not maxed out ether.

January 2, 2021 6:01 a.m.

Sephyrias says... #5

6 months since the last update. Oh boy, this is really far behind. Core Set 2021, Commander Legends, Zendikar Rising, now Kaldheim. That's like 100 new legendary creatures. So ... who are the most notable for higher power levels?

Amareth, the Lustrous , Kaza, Roil Chaser , Koll, the Forgemaster , Koma, Cosmos Serpent , Liesa, Shroud of Dusk , Omnath, Locus of Creation , Vega, the Watcher , Tergrid, God of Fright  Flip, Birgi, God of Storytelling  Flip, Araumi of the Dead Tide , Sakashima of a Thousand Faces , Obeka, Brute Chronologist ?

Mostly the Kaldheim and Commander Legends legends?

January 22, 2021 2:22 a.m.

Matticusrex says... #6

This list is abadoned, use https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-commanders-in-edh-tier-list/#c3695907

January 23, 2021 8:40 a.m.

paulriso says... #7

Is it official that this list has been abandoned? Would like to know as I use it often when deciding decks etc.

January 25, 2021 1:18 p.m.

RNR_Gaming says... #8

paulriso you're going to have to use the database now. The majority of the cedh community has migrated to moxfield. Myself and a few others have been trying to change that but the community heads seem adamant about using moxfield.

January 25, 2021 8:07 p.m.

Makkimakki234 says... #9

I think Gitrog needs to be in T1.

March 12, 2021 1:19 a.m.

vasarto77 says... #10

Dina, Soul Steeper has a lot of infinite combo potential. I stopped counting when I ran into 12 infinite combos with the commander or two of the other golgari cards from the same set.

April 27, 2021 8:52 p.m.

rickytboss says... #11

You left out the most fun commander with a deck loaded with the goodest boi's and goodest girl's: Rin And Seri!

May 14, 2021 5:27 a.m.

snikives says... #12

Can you put Magda in the rating please?

June 16, 2021 12:45 p.m.

LeonSpires says... #13

I have won my fair share of cEDH games with Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle. Teshar shouldn't be in mid power, he should be in competitive. At worce he should be in fringe-competitive.

September 27, 2021 6:10 a.m.

ghostfire86 says... #14

February 27, 2022 11:12 a.m.

Ninkar says... #15

It will be good to see Jacob Hauken, Inspector  Flip

April 27, 2022 11:55 a.m.

vasarto77 says... #16

July 1, 2022 9:10 p.m.

Coward_Token says... #17

The list hasn't been updated for a year, doubt the authors are still active here

July 2, 2022 5:09 a.m.

SaberTech says... #18

A project like this is probably too much work to keep up with given all the legendary creatures that WotC has been printing.

There is someone maintaining a tier list of cEDH relevant commanders on Moxfield, and there are several other tier lists there as well but they don't seem to have been updated for at least seven months.

I think that the most active people who test to rank the strength of commanders are probably on Reddit and Discord.

July 2, 2022 6:59 a.m.

phantomchange says... #19

hello

November 25, 2022 11:57 p.m.

MagickedOne says... #20

Is Urza still cEDH these days? Been out of magic a bit

November 26, 2022 6:36 a.m.

LeonSpires says... #21

@ MagickedOne. Check out the cedh database https://cedh-decklist-database.com/

Yes Urza, Lord High Artificer is still cEDH. Depending on when you last played him the only difference is he is now on Polymorph / Proteus Staff to get Hullbreaker Horror for infinite mana in addition to all the other lines he used to run.

November 26, 2022 8:46 a.m.