Bug Report: Deck Editor might delete half your Deck Description.
Posted on May 12, 2022, 2:37 a.m. by StopShot
Hello, I encountered a bug while editing the description on my deck. I'm someone who likes to mess around with HTML and fancy texts to try to find ways to make my deck descriptions more eye-catching. Upon messing around with fancy texts, I ended up destroying my deck's deck description within the deck editor.
My deck description is in a rough draft phase, so forgive the messiness and lack of polish. Everything you see on the public page is displayed correctly as I last had it, however, if I go into my deck editor more than half of my deck's description is missing. I almost saved another change before I realized something was wrong which could have undone many years of work by mistake had I not checked before saving again. This issue persists even when I close out and re-enter the editor even though my current deck description lists much more than what's seen on the editor.
The issue started with my last deck description change, I was using some of the text characters listed below:
Okay, this post ended up getting half-deleted when I tried to post it because it contained the text characters in it. Give me a moment to take a picture of the text characters to post here as an image.
May 12, 2022 2:40 a.m.
Any portion of my deck description that comes after the first instance I use these characters is no longer displayed in the deck description editor similarly to this post.
May 12, 2022 2:44 a.m.
Testing, I think you can post them so long as you don't preview your comment before posting them:
May 12, 2022 2:48 a.m.
Never mind, these text characters are still causing problems.
May 12, 2022 2:49 a.m.
My current predicament is my deck description editor no longer displays more than 75% of my deck description. I'm currently unable to make meaningful changes to my deck description without losing years' worth of work. That and I can't simply copy-paste the deck description on my public page to the deck description editor as my public page uses accordions and a lot of HTML formatting which would make the task very painful to recreate.
May 12, 2022 2:56 a.m.
I had the same thing happen on one of mine when I added an emoji (I usually build decks/write descriptions using my iPhone). I’ve avoided using them from that point and haven’t had any more issues; I know that’s not a solution to the problem but I just thought I’d mention it in case it helps someone avoid this while we wait for a fix.